Author Topic: GPP  (Read 1519 times)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
GPP
« on: March 27, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
I need some help/suggestions here.   I recently purchased a dragging sled thinking it'd help with my general conditioning.   My question is How the heck do you start incorporating that type of training? 

Right now I train westside style:

Sunday: ME squat/deadlift
Monday: ME Bench
Tuesday: Supplemental work (rotator cuff work, Band good mornings, abs, band deadlifts) (planning on adding in sled work here)
Wednesday: DE Squat
Thursday: DE bench
Friday: supplementalwork (rotator cuff work, band deadlifts, abs,etc) (Planning on adding in sled work here)
Saturday: Rest/farm work.  (I've spent last few weekends moving a few hundred bales of hay on and off a semi truck.   I'm thinking if I dont' have hay or cattle/horse work, I'm going to add in some tire dragging or explosive sand bag work---overhead tosses etc. 

How do you determine the weight to be used with the sled?   I'm a 600+ squatter, so I can load the thing up and drag it, but that seems to be counterproductive to what I'm trying to do.   I'm thinking of using 100-200 lbs x 200 feet, rest 30 seconds, back 200 feet, repeat 4-5 times.   That should take about 30 minutes.  Does this sound right?