Author Topic: Ezekiel Bread  (Read 5912 times)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
Ezekiel Bread
« on: March 28, 2007, 07:39:51 AM »
I know Cutler swears by this stuff does anybody have any macronutrient breakdown of a serving. 

I usually NEVER eat bread while dieting for a show (gluten=water retention) however this stuff might be great and easy to prepare.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Ezikiel Bread
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:43:24 PM »
I know Cutler swears by this stuff does anybody have any macronutrient breakdown of a serving. 

I usually NEVER eat bread while dieting for a show (gluten=water retention) however this stuff might be great and easy to prepare.

Are you going to make your own or buy it?

It's usually found in the freezer case in the natural / organic section.

"Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..."Ez 4:9
:

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 08:04:49 AM »
it's definetely not sandwich bread, it falls apart real easily.  I think Jay uses it in place of metamucil.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 01:10:37 PM »
I love the stuff.  It toasts up real well.  It is a flourless bread.  It is amazing with some PB on it.  Good shit fo sure!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 01:37:14 PM »
Stuff is heavenly.  God's own recipe.    ;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 05:04:20 AM »
It's the only bread i use.  fine for sandwiches.  Live sprouted grains, organic, flourless.  Tastes awesome too.

:)

PHATnoMore

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 06:36:24 PM »
I use to eat man's bread by french meadow bakery, but last week made the switch to Ezikiel Bread (it's cheaper and easier to find) and like everyone has said it toasted up great and has a neutral flavor compared to man's bread sour dough flavor. It also has a better, tighter crumb texture so it has a white bread "feel" to it.

My question is, for the past week , my first meal has been 2 slices of the "E" bread with 1 TB natural peanut butter and 2 TB of sugar free preserves, along with 1 whole egg  plus 2 whites with oyster sauce (an asian condiment, it gives eggs an awesome flavor), if I 'm trying to cut body fat is this okay? or is it considered a cheat meal? How clean is this choice?

Ezikiel bread tastes so good!
P.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 10:16:50 AM »
Not a cheat meal at all.  Just eb careful of sodium in that oyster sauce.  It is probably mostly sodium.  Best part of E bread is that they have a flax one and other kinds.  My wife is starting to take it now as well.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 02:09:52 PM »
Not a cheat meal at all.  Just eb careful of sodium in that oyster sauce.  It is probably mostly sodium.  Best part of E bread is that they have a flax one and other kinds.  My wife is starting to take it now as well.

Where again can you find it? If frozen is it something you need to bake?
gotta love life

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »
Where again can you find it? If frozen is it something you need to bake?

No, it comes in a loaf but it's highly perishable so it's in the freezer case, usually with the other frozen organic/health food stuff.
:

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 07:49:42 AM »
Most grocery stores have it now in the same section as regular bread.  It is best to refigerate it once you cut open the plastic wrap it is in.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 07:56:59 AM »
Yes, I agree, its great stuff.  A little expensive though.  Usually the bigger grocery stores have them.  This stuff, with brown rice and oatmeal are probably the only carb source I eat during dieting. Except after workouts, where I eat a fast buring carb like waxy maise. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »
A fine product.  I used it with egg whites for french toast this weekend.  The bread absorbs each drop like a sponge, so each piece is amazingly heavy.  Here is the nutritional information for three pieces of french toast (effective pre-workout meal IMO):

CALS:      360
FAT:         1.5g
PROTEIN: 36.0g
CARBS:    48.0g
FIBER:       9.0g

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »
Recipe please!

A fine product.  I used it with egg whites for french toast this weekend.  The bread absorbs each drop like a sponge, so each piece is amazingly heavy.  Here is the nutritional information for three pieces of french toast (effective pre-workout meal IMO):

CALS:      360
FAT:         1.5g
PROTEIN: 36.0g
CARBS:    48.0g
FIBER:       9.0g

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 09:00:46 AM »
Recipe please!

Pretty simple. 1 cup of egg whites, 3 pieces of Ezekiel.  Throw a dash of vanilla extract in the egg whites, saturate the bread (work quickly or the bread will fall apart), throw on a pan heavily sprayed with Pam, gently poke the french toast with your finger to get a sense that the egg whites are cooked, flip only once each side, remove, maybe throw a dash of splenda on top, serve, enjoy . . . .

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 08:02:03 AM »
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
Re: Ezekiel Bread
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »
Well I found it down here in TN at a Kroger's of all places they had like 6 different flavors, I went with the NO SODIUM regular.  Taste great.  I belive I am gonna go this route instead cooking brown rice every night for my day meals.  3 slices of this is almost perfect:

per slice:
.5 Fat
15 Carbs
4 Protein
3 Fiber
0 Sodium 

3 slices would be great    ;D