Author Topic: Romney: Bush, Gingrich are VP Choices  (Read 1547 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Romney: Bush, Gingrich are VP Choices
« on: March 29, 2007, 10:43:28 PM »
Another Bush on the ticket?   :o

Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:08 p.m. EDT
Romney: Bush, Gingrich are VP Choices

Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Thursday dropped some names of potential running mates in the 2008 race, but added such speculation is a bit premature. Among those Romney mentioned for the second slot on the Republican ticket were three Southerners: South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

"There's some wonderful people right here in this state, as you know, Governor Sanford being one of them," the former Massachusetts governor said to a round of applause after being asked about vice presidential picks by a member of a crowd of about 400 people gathered for his campaign stop in this early voting state.

"I have to be honest with you, I haven't given a lot of thought to that, so I don't want to put any names in that hat right now," Romney said, but also gave a nod to Bush, calling him "quite a guy."

"I love him. If his name weren't Bush, he'd be running for president, I'm convinced," said Romney, who added he also was "pretty partial" to South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint.

Talking with reporters later, Romney said the names he mentioned are part of a list of vice presidential contenders that anyone winning the GOP nomination would have to consider. "When I'm in South Carolina, I'm not going to fail to mention some of the ones that are closest," Romney said.

Romney has lagged behind former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Arizona Sen. John McCain in the polls, often with support registering in the single digits. He also trails such better-known Republicans as Gingrich and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson — who are weighing presidential bids — when their names are added to the mix of candidates.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/29/220923.shtml?s=ic

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Romney: Bush, Gingrich are VP Choices
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:41:18 AM »
Jeb is highly qualified to be president - very smart and very experienced.  But his name is mud thanks to Dubya.  Might be viable in 2012 though if the dems botch things from 2009 to 2012.

It should be remembered tha 3 days before 9/11, Jeb quietly signed into law a bill which allowed him to declare martial law if necessary. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 06:59:26 AM »
Jeb is highly qualified to be president - very smart and very experienced.  But his name is mud thanks to Dubya.  Might be viable in 2012 though if the dems botch things from 2009 to 2012.

It should be remembered tha 3 days before 9/11, Jeb quietly signed into law a bill which allowed him to declare martial law if necessary. 

I thikn Jeb could suprise. despite your "polls" there is still a very large population of America that likes the Bush family
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 07:07:51 AM »
I thikn Jeb could suprise. despite your "polls" there is still a very large population of America that likes the Bush family

how large is this population?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:11:33 AM »
how large is this population?

I can't quote numbers but probably alot larger than you think
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:13:48 AM »
I can't quote numbers but probably alot larger than you think

Well you know it's large.  So can you estimate?

I "think" it's about 25%, as poll after poll has shown.  These same polls that had him over 60% approval have him at 25% now.  So blaming "they only call libs!" is crap - because that means 60% of libs supported Bush then, and 25% do now.  The decline is undeniable.

If you think it's higher, show some evidence, or at the very least tell us why they're wrong.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 07:33:48 AM »
Well you know it's large.  So can you estimate?

I "think" it's about 25%, as poll after poll has shown.  These same polls that had him over 60% approval have him at 25% now.  So blaming "they only call libs!" is crap - because that means 60% of libs supported Bush then, and 25% do now.  The decline is undeniable.

If you think it's higher, show some evidence, or at the very least tell us why they're wrong.

I know it is lower. But if you could poll 100% of the nation I think the number that are ok with Bush as pres would be closer to 40-45%. I'm not staying the are extatic but are ok enough with him that Jeb could fare well. So you take 40% for Jeb, 40% for Hillary and then you leave it up to the middle
gotta love life

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 07:45:08 AM »
So when does Neil get his turn?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 07:55:17 AM »
Romney doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the Presidency, or even the nomination. The odds of him winning the nomination are probably 200-1.

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of Jeb Bush but I know very little about him. I just remember he handled himself poorly in the voting fiasco and he threw himself into that Terri Schiavo mess, where he didn't belong. It was shameless mugging for PR.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 07:57:10 AM »
Nobody is as clueless as you ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 08:04:33 AM »
Nobody is as clueless as you ::)

LOL, you really feel that way? You know how much your opinion means to me! LMAO
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 09:15:40 AM »
jeb would own people in a debate.  however, he is a PNAC author, isn't he?  evil to the core.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »
jeb would own people in a debate. 

So you're saying the Bushes fuccked up and put the wrong brother on the ticket the first time around?
Ron: "I am lazy."

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 09:26:18 AM »
jeb would own people in a debate.  however, he is a PNAC author, isn't he?  evil to the core.

So did you vote for Mr. Bush for Governor of your fine state? More than once?

Perhaps he's more like Bush 41 than Bush 43 is.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 09:31:40 AM »
S

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 09:36:45 AM »
"I love him. If his name weren't Bush, he'd be running for president, I'm convinced," said Romney

This guy openly admits that the current Bush presidency has pretty much ruined the family name. 

Talk about throwing his leader under the bus.  Oh no, wait...Romney's leader is 'the profit prophet'.

Maybe Bush is a closet Mormon:

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »
So did you vote for Mr. Bush for Governor of your fine state? More than once?

Perhaps he's more like Bush 41 than Bush 43 is.

I did vote for Jeb twice.