Author Topic: Carb question  (Read 869 times)

PHATnoMore

• Getbig II
Carb question
« on: March 30, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »
I read this post and have a question,

If you want to lose fat and build muscle...if you are over 15%bf, do 4-5 low/no carb days and then one very high carb day (refeed, that means ONLY carbs, or very low protein added)

4-5 low/no carb...what is considered a low carb? and what do you eat instead of carbs? what are they replaced with?

one very high carb day (refeed, that means ONLY carbs, or vey low protein) What does refeed mean? What kind of carbs can you eat? Are there safe carbs, versus unsafe, very processed carbs? And why very low protein?

thanks
P.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Carb question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »
I read this post and have a question,

If you want to lose fat and build muscle...if you are over 15%bf, do 4-5 low/no carb days and then one very high carb day (refeed, that means ONLY carbs, or very low protein added)

4-5 low/no carb...what is considered a low carb? and what do you eat instead of carbs? what are they replaced with?

one very high carb day (refeed, that means ONLY carbs, or vey low protein) What does refeed mean? What kind of carbs can you eat? Are there safe carbs, versus unsafe, very processed carbs? And why very low protein?

thanks
P.

CKD diets generally work best if you're under 15% to start. 
Isocaloric, such as the Zone would be a good choice to get you there.
: