Author Topic: Do all MMA and UFC fighters think there "hardcore"?  (Read 25871 times)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
Do all MMA and UFC fighters think there "hardcore"?
« on: March 30, 2007, 07:12:58 PM »
Why do these 130 lb wannabe's do things like walking lunges and barbell benchpress with mouthpieces in?

Tapout shirts on a 130lb beast wow....

MAXIMUM DELUSION AWARD WINNER'S of 2007.... ::)

Fletch

• Getbig II
  • You must be very proud of yourself
Re: Do all MMA and UFC fighters think there "hardcore"?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 07:20:09 PM »
obviously they are not as "hardcore" as you tough guy.

why dont you go slap the mouthpieces outta their mouths and show them how to train for their sport if you know so much.
Put it on the Underhills

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:25:11 PM »
Street fighting is NOT a sport...(NO MONEY) I would UFC up there with the "poker Championship's" on ESPN.... ::)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 07:26:45 PM »
Street fighting is NOT a sport...(NO MONEY) I would UFC up there with the "poker Championship's" on ESPN.... ::)

why?
Deep Tissue Massage

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:30:01 PM »
why?

Becuase it is basically for the guy with self esteem issues that was bullied around when they were younger that want to take out anger.

These yahoo's try to compare themselves with guys like Muhamid Ali, Foreman, Mike Tyson.

Do you guys realize what a REAL fighter would do to these clowns. 

One punch there either dead or have a cracked skull......

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:30:53 PM »

Becuase it is basically for the guy with self esteem issues that was bullied around when they were younger that want to take out anger.

These yahoo's try to compare themselves with guys like Muhamid Ali, Foreman, Mike Tyson.

what do you mean by clowns?  real ufc fighters or the tapout gear queers at the gym?
Deep Tissue Massage

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 07:33:58 PM »
what do you mean by clowns?  real ufc fighters or the tapout gear queers at the gym?

Half the UFC guys and ALL the clowns at the gym...

I love they try to comback with a comment like "yeah but Tyson would have to catch me me first I am good with my hands"

PLEASE little boy he was TWICE as fast as any UFC clown in his prime and would DESTROY them in a fight either "street" or "ring'

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 07:46:37 PM »

I love they try to comback with a comment like "yeah but Tyson would have to catch me me first I am good with my hands"

PLEASE little boy he was TWICE as fast as any UFC clown in his prime and would DESTROY them in a fight either "street" or "ring'

my take on most of the ufc dudes are that they're very shy/reserved.  a lot of them come from a wrestling background in high school/college, where any kind of showboating is frowned upon.  many of the world's best mma fighters you wouldn't even know ever laid a hand on someone if you saw them on the street.  the showboats are just that, showboats.  the guy doing lunges with a mouthpiece to me is no different than a guy with 12 inch guns wearing a wifebeater or a guy wearing a belt while doing flat bench.
Deep Tissue Massage

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 07:53:39 PM »

Okay, internet tough guy.  All of the fighters you listed would be on their backs, getting what they believe is an effective guard passed and would eat a steady diet of elbows until they are unconcious.  Or they would get RNCed, subbed, etc....  Not everyone who wears a tapout beanie is a fighter.  Most fighters don't need to attract attention to themselves.  BTW, the UFC sold 266,000,000 in PPV revenues last year.  I'd say it is here to stay. 

Unchained81

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 08:03:31 PM »
Why do these 130 lb wannabe's do things like walking lunges and barbell benchpress with mouthpieces in?

Tapout shirts on a 130lb beast wow....

MAXIMUM DELUSION AWARD WINNER'S of 2007.... ::)

This is part of there training, all the pro Boxers at my gym lift, run, work the bag, etc. with there mouthpeice always in.  It is not for protection, it is to get used to  breathing hard with it in.  If you always have it in when you train it won't seem hard to breath in the ring/cage.

Fletch

• Getbig II
  • You must be very proud of yourself
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »

Pro poker players and UFC champions both make more than all but as few BBs.

Pro UFC dudes get sponsors and MMA events earn big cash from PPV and draw huge crowds.
The fighters train a shitload harder for what they have to do than BBs, and the risks are real.

....and training with the mouthpiece in is only to get used to working at high effort and learning to breathe trhrough the nose mainly.

you are one very jealous and stupid dude. You should put in some research before you spout off random shit.
Put it on the Underhills

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 09:30:48 PM »
i get UFC and think it's cool but i think people don't look at them as the best fighters because they don't make that much.  I mean if you have true talent why not make 20 mil like De La Hoya for a fight instead of 3 mil like Chuck Liddell?  I guess in time the pay days will be bigger as long as the sell enough PVP.

oh yeah and not enough black people do it yet to make it legit hahaha
I'm Nick's role model!

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 09:42:17 PM »

Sorry to tell you this and believe me I love boxing more than any other sport, but Fedor or Crocop would destroy Tyson in his prime.  Why, simple in a boxing match Tyson would have the upper hand of course but when you add kicking and grappling something a boxer is not trained to deal with into the equation, a boxer really stands no chance.  A former roomate of mine who was a great amateur boxer got his ass handed to him by a middle of the pack kickboxer.  But a good boxing match is still the best sport entertainment in the world.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 09:47:03 PM »
A former roomate of mine who was a great amateur boxer got his ass handed to him by a middle of the pack kickboxer. 

The bobbing and weaving that boxers do works well in a boxing match, but against a kickboxer you end up bobbing into a foot.

Muay Thai fighters don't bob and weave. They either block or step aside.

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 09:50:21 PM »
The bobbing and weaving that boxers do works well in a boxing match, but against a kickboxer you end up bobbing into a foot.

Muay Thai fighters don't bob and weave. They either block or step aside.

Agreed.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 09:50:38 PM »
I disagree. I like MMA and all but any top teir pro would do a lot better in Pride or UFC than Crocop or Chuck would do in a boxing match. I get tired of hearing about how Tyson would get his ass handed to him. Bob Sapp beats a lot of good fighters with no skills. Imagine what a Roy Jones Jr. in his prime would do to Chuck. There is just too much speed. Just my opinion though.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 09:52:01 PM »
I disagree. I like MMA and all but any top teir pro would do a lot better in Pride or UFC than Crocop or Chuck would do in a boxing match. 

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 09:56:34 PM »
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It is laughable that anybody would compare the two. I am glad you agree.  :)

sandycoosworth

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 09:59:42 PM »
a pro bb would gas out in about 20 seconds and lose ... even if he didnt, with that much  bulk (and consequently that little technique) he wouldnt hit as hard as a 130 lb "mma guy"

your post was about the most retarded thing i have read on here :D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 10:01:10 PM »
Who's this Fedor fag.got everyone is talking about?
Ron: "I am lazy."

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »
a pro bb would gas out in about 20 seconds and lose ... even if he didnt, with that much  bulk (and consequently that little technique) he wouldnt hit as hard as a 130 lb "mma guy"

your post was about the most retarded thing i have read on here :D

CARTEL to moron. I was talking about pro BOXER!

I'm not that crazy  ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 10:12:14 PM »
Ron: "I am lazy."

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 10:22:26 PM »

I LOVE boxing, but in a fight under mma rules, all of the great fighters you mention would get submitted in about one and a half minutes. Just long enough for a Fedor, Couture, several of the Gracies, or several other heavyweight mma fighters to walk across the ring, secure the inevitable takedown, and apply the necessary choke or submission hold. Boxers are not trained to avoid wrestling or judo takedowns and once on the ground they would be DONE.
!

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 10:29:35 PM »
Pro poker players and UFC champions both make more than all but as few BBs.

Pro UFC dudes get sponsors and MMA events earn big cash from PPV and draw huge crowds.
The fighters train a shitload harder for what they have to do than BBs, and the risks are real.

....and training with the mouthpiece in is only to get used to working at high effort and learning to breathe trhrough the nose mainly.

you are one very jealous and stupid dude. You should put in some research before you spout off random shit.

You are all going to get destroyed tomorrow.

I simply LAUGH at your stupid asses, on the same level that Pat Tillman's dad does.  He let me KNOW that I should call you all morons through email.

You are all morons (excluding Jakers).  Deal with it.

The Heckler

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »
You are all going to get destroyed tomorrow.

I simply LAUGH at your stupid asses, on the same level that Pat Tillman's dad does.  He let me KNOW that I should call you all morons through email.

You are all morons (excluding Jakers).  Deal with it.

::)