Author Topic: Represent your Pet (s)  (Read 443811 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Represent your Pet (s)
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2007, 04:47:45 AM »
Here's some updated pics of the bed hogger!!

She also talks. Because everytime I ask her a question or say something to her, she meows back (true story).
I can see them!  She is sooooooooooo freakin cute!  :D
:D Weee

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2007, 07:51:12 AM »
Rockyfortune nice dogs!   :D    A friend of mine has a dog that looks just like Rosa, hers is a dobie mix.   

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »
"Smokey the Supplement Cat"    ;D

My friend owns a supplement store and has had Smokey living there for years.  He decided to turn his back room into a training studio and needed to find a new home for Smokey.  We adopted Smokey when he was 11 years old...he's 12-1/2 now. 

He's a super chill cat, very sweet and friendly with everyone, and quiet talkative (he knows my schedule and bitches for fresh breakfast at 5 AM).  He is pretty tough too...he doesn't have front claws, but when my friend's dalmation came to stay for a few days, Smokey got pissed about having to share the house.  He cornered the dalmation, scratched his nose till it bled, and made the dog piss all over himself.   :D

My only complaint about him is that he has A LOT of hair. 

Not sure what kind of supplements he got into at my buddy's shop, but he's a pretty big cat, 16 pounds. 

:)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2007, 05:29:31 PM »
cool looking kitty

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2007, 03:36:47 AM »

My friend owns a supplement store and has had Smokey living there for years.  He decided to turn his back room into a training studio and needed to find a new home for Smokey.  We adopted Smokey when he was 11 years old...he's 12-1/2 now. 

He's a super chill cat, very sweet and friendly with everyone, and quiet talkative (he knows my schedule and bitches for fresh breakfast at 5 AM).  He is pretty tough too...he doesn't have front claws, but when my friend's dalmation came to stay for a few days, Smokey got pissed about having to share the house.  He cornered the dalmation, scratched his nose till it bled, and made the dog piss all over himself.   :D

Not sure what kind of supplements he got into at my buddy's shop, but he's a pretty big cat, 16 pounds. 

He looks to be a pure breed or a half breed?
Do you have a pedegree for him RUB?
?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2007, 06:54:03 AM »
He looks to be a pure breed or a half breed?
Do you have a pedegree for him RUB?

NO, actually I don't know much about him.  Our buddy was just like "do you want this cat?  he's old but he's cool."  LOL 

We have always been dog people, so I don't know much about cats or breeds either. 
Alot of people ask me if he's a mancoon?  but I have no idea what he is or whether he's a pure breed or a mix.

He's really pretty though...thick charcoal grey hair with big green eyes. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2007, 06:57:36 AM »

NO, actually I don't know much about him.  Our buddy was just like "do you want this cat?  he's old but he's cool."  LOL 

We have always been dog people, so I don't know much about cats or breeds either. 
Alot of people ask me if he's a mancoon?  but I have no idea what he is or whether he's a pure breed or a mix.

He's really pretty though...thick charcoal grey hair with big green eyes. 

They probably meant Maine Coon.

One of the oldest natural breeds in North America, the Maine Coon is generally regarded as a native of the state of Maine (in fact, the Maine Coon is the official Maine State Cat). A number of attractive legends surround its origin. A wide-spread (though biologically impossible) belief is that it originated from matings between semi-wild, domestic cats and raccoons. This myth, bolstered by the bushy tail and the most common coloring (a raccoon-like brown tabby) led to the adoption of the name 'Maine Coon.' (Originally, only brown tabbies were called 'Maine Coon Cats;' cats of other colors were referred to as 'Maine Shags.') Another popular theory is that the Maine sprang from the six pet cats which Marie Antoinette sent to Wiscasset, Maine when she was planning to escape from France during the French Revolution. Most breeders today believe that the breed originated in matings between pre-existing shorthaired
domestic cats and overseas longhairs (perhaps Angora types introduced by New England seamen, or longhairs brought to America by the Vikings).
Characteristics:
Everything about the Maine Coon points to its adaptation to a harsh climate. Its glossy coat, heavy and water-resistant, is like that of no other breed, and must be felt to be appreciated. It is longer on the ruff, stomach and britches to protect against wet and snow, and shorter on the back and neck to guard against tangling in the underbrush. The coat falls smoothly, and is almost maintenance-free: a weekly combing is all that is usually required to keep it in top condition. The long, bushy tail which the cat wraps around himself when he curls up to sleep can protect him from cold winters. His ears are more heavily furred (both inside and on the tips) than many breeds for protection from the cold, and have a large range of movement. Big, round, tufted feet serve as 'snow shoes.' Their large eyes and ears are also survival traits, serving as they do increase sight and hearing. The relatively long, square muzzle facilitates grasping prey and lapping water from streams and puddles.Maine Coons develop slowly, and don't achieve their full size until they are three to five years old. Their dispositions remain kittenish throughout their lives; they are big, gentle, good-natured goofs. Even their voices set them apart from other cats; they have a distinctive, chirping trill which they use for everything from courting to cajoling their people into playing with them. (Maine Coons love to play, and many will joyfully retrieve small items.) They rarely meow, and when they do, that soft, tiny voice doesn't fit their size!

Temperament:
While Maine Coons are highly people-oriented cats, they are not overly-dependent. They do not constantly pester you for attention, but prefer to "hang out" with their owners, investigating whatever activity you're involved in and "helping" when they can. They are not, as a general rule, known as "lap cats" but as with any personality trait there are a few Maine Coons that prefer laps. Most Maine Coons will stay close by, probably occupying the chair next to yours instead. Maines will follow you from room to room and wait outside a closed door for you to emerge. A Maine Coon will be your companion, your buddy, your pal, but hardly ever your baby.

Description
The important features of the Maine Coon are the head and body shape, and the texture and 'shag' of the coat. The head is slightly longer than it is wide, presenting a gently concave profile with high cheekbones and ears that are large, wide at the base, moderately pointed, and well tufted inside. They are set well up on the head, approximately an ear's width apart. Lynx-like tufting on the top of the ears is desirable. The neck should be medium-long, the torso long, and the chest broad. The tail should be at least as long as the torso. One of their most distinctive features is their eyes, which are large, round, expressive, and set a a slightly oblique angle. Overall, the Maine Coon should present the appearance of a well-balanced, rectangular cat.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2007, 07:23:46 AM »
#### = c o o n

Gotta love the Getbig filter!!
   ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2007, 07:37:56 AM »
#### = c o o n

Gotta love the Getbig filter!!
   ;D
ROFLMAO.  That is too funny!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2007, 07:50:01 AM »
LOL @ Maine c o o n!   :D

Yeah he's prolly got some of that breed in him, but I don't think he's a purebred.  He's got the racoon rings on his tail but he's mostly charcoal grey.  But clearly I have no idea what i am talking about (i.e. "mancoon" hahahaa).

He definitely has the temperment EXACTLY as described, as he does hang out and always sits next to me, checking out whatever I am doing....except he is "mouthy" LOL.  He meows a lot and can be loud when he wants to make a point (like "get me some fresh food dammit!").  Whenever you look at him and say anything, he talks back to you.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »
I've heard the Maine C-oon is the dog persons cat. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2007, 09:11:26 AM »
LOL @ Maine c o o n!   :D

Yeah he's prolly got some of that breed in him, but I don't think he's a purebred.  He's got the racoon rings on his tail but he's mostly charcoal grey.  But clearly I have no idea what i am talking about (i.e. "mancoon" hahahaa).

He definitely has the temperment EXACTLY as described, as he does hang out and always sits next to me, checking out whatever I am doing....except he is "mouthy" LOL.  He meows a lot and can be loud when he wants to make a point (like "get me some fresh food dammit!").  Whenever you look at him and say anything, he talks back to you.

racoon rings is an good sign.

Like Euro said...he's might be at least a half breed.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2007, 07:04:58 PM »
Got a new Jack Russell puppy named Kasey

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2007, 05:42:39 AM »
I love Kasey's markings!!   Congrats thisiskeith!   :)

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2007, 05:43:55 AM »
Kasey is going to be a handfull Keith...great looking pup... ;)
?

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2007, 09:03:15 AM »

Whoa, what a beauitful cat!

temper35

• Getbig III
plato
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2007, 10:04:20 PM »
Plato.  First picture is when he was like 9 weeks old and evilllll.  Snow picture is from around January, grassy one and the face shot is from last summer when he was relatively young.  I have a bunch of new ones, but none uploaded.  He just turned 20 months.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2007, 08:56:57 AM »
Good looking dog

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2007, 08:59:08 AM »
Good looking dog

Agreed, really nice looking rottie..

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »

Tanktank---kinda blind, kinda slow, full of love

Mumbles--weighed at the vets at a lean 31 pounds--his head is roughly the size of a canteloupe

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »
Tanktank---kinda blind, kinda slow, full of love

Mumbles--weighed at the vets at a lean 31 pounds--his head is roughly the size of a canteloupe

OMG! your cat is absolutely huge!   :o

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2007, 12:14:44 PM »
Nice pets everyone :)

Mumbles is a great name  ;D
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s