Author Topic: Represent your Pet (s)  (Read 443761 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: Represent your Pet (s)
« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2008, 05:39:22 PM »
chihuahuas are either damn adorable or they look like rats. those two are the former.  :D

~weed~

« Reply #476 on: August 04, 2008, 07:00:48 AM »
chihuahuas are either damn adorable or they look like rats. those two are the former.  :D

They can take down a deer though!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #477 on: August 04, 2008, 08:32:09 AM »
  They can take down a deer though!

Tad kinda looks like a hyena there...a very small cute hyena.
:D Weee

~weed~

« Reply #478 on: August 04, 2008, 03:39:16 PM »
  This is Max, a Quaker Parrot. He is about 5 years old and I adopted him from the local humane society.  He is obviously a plucker, but has made some improvements in the time I have had him even though he is still chewing and plucking in some areas.   :(  His cage is in my bedroom where he hangs out and talks to himself sometimes, I can only understand a few words occasionally.  He sounds like Donald Duck and talks low so it is hard to hear him clearly.   ;D

(and that is not a growth on his neck, he had just eaten and that is his crop full )

~weed~

« Reply #479 on: August 04, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
I don't think I ever introduced Mac, he has been here since before Max.   He is a Sun Conure and is Stella's man.   ;)   They share a cage together and are 2 feathered monkeys, lol!   He is older than Stella and has his adult coloring (He was hatched 1/26/07, Stella's hatch date is 11/24/07).  Stella is getting more of her adult coloring in.    They bicker sometimes (Stella likes to take whatever Mac has especially if it is food  8)) but they always make up.  :)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #480 on: August 04, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
LOL you have three birds now!?!?!   :o

They are lovely!   :D

:)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #481 on: August 05, 2008, 09:01:10 AM »
The bird is a low talker....in your house?

That will be sure to change.

;)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: August 05, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »
~weed~ when it arrives please post a pic of Max in his sock :D
R

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #483 on: August 05, 2008, 11:45:57 AM »
Get to taking more pics!! >:(

Very sweet looking dog :)

thank you.  :)

~weed~

« Reply #484 on: August 06, 2008, 04:26:52 PM »
LOL you have three birds now!?!?!   :o

They are lovely!   :D

Mac was at the same place that I got Stella so I went and got him, and Max I knew he had to get out of the local mainly dogs/cats.  They have the birds in a hall way and all the commotion and noise, they do the best they can do but his plucking got worse the 2 months he was there.  The woman told me he really didn't like anyone there (the one guy who feeds the birds showed me the wound Max gave him!) and so I was thinking it would be the same with me and I asked her to get him out of the cage and she said go ahead. I was like okay, get the bandaids ready!!  But he came right over and stepped up on my finger like he was ready to go.  I started crying right there, so he picked me.  She asked if I wanted to think about it a day or so and I said "nope, he can't stay here another day" and that was that.   :)   Quakers are known to be protective of their cage, the first week he would be stepping onto me whenever I had my hand in the cage, even if I just was putting food in, but a week later he was settled in and started defending his home, lol!   He will give me warning lunges but I can do anything I want in his cage with him in there, I just can't get him out onto my hand from in there.  I leave the door open and he comes out on his own or I get a small towel and he comes over and steps on it and bites it a few times, then has no problem coming on me.  It's in his genetics to defend his cage and this works for us. He knows he is coming out when he sees the towel and wants to come out, but he still has to be a tough guy and show it who's boss.   ;D

~weed~ when it arrives please post a pic of Max in his sock :D

I haven't ordered them yet and the instructions but will do! I would like him to be accepting and wearing them before the winter so he can stay warm.

I'm going to get Max some Sock Buddys and the instructions to make my own from socks.   http://www.thesockbuddy.com/   Will make it so he can't chew and pluck his feathers, and keep him warm in the winter.  He is not a mutilator so he can remain 1/2 bald for all care, but he will be cold in the winter, and if it will help him break or lessen the plucking habit then that would be a plus. 

The bird is a low talker....in your house?

That will be sure to change.

;)

He is very quiet when he is downstairs.  He really only talks when he is hanging out by himself. I will be watching tv and he will start talking away in or on his cage.  Sounds like a whole conversation going on!  He will say "hello" to me sometimes, and "c'mon " and I think I got him to say "sexy" once, and he will laugh, but I don't understand some other words.  I don't know what he learned in his 5 years so trying to decipher them can be difficult when he doesn't say them really loud. 

A few pics I just snapped of Mac and Stella on the hanging gym:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #485 on: August 06, 2008, 05:50:56 PM »
  She asked if I wanted to think about it a day or so and I said "nope, he can't stay here another day"
you said something like that LOLOZzz

A few pics I just snapped of Mac and Stella on the hanging gym:

They are just beautiful!  All of them :)

R

w8m8

« Reply #486 on: August 07, 2008, 12:20:05 PM »
Your feathered family is beautiful ~weed~ 

Smudge says thank you for the compliments  :) and I will get more pics soon .. I'm still adjusting to having a baby around  :-\

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: August 07, 2008, 07:57:40 PM »

Smudge says thank you for the compliments  :) and I will get more pics soon .. I'm still adjusting to having a baby around  :-\

Exsqueeze me but there is a special thread dedicated to you and smudge...now get busy woman >:(
R

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #488 on: August 08, 2008, 08:10:05 AM »
Happiness for a dog:

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: August 08, 2008, 10:22:32 AM »
Happiness for a dog:

He looks pretty happy there.

Is his mouth all pink or is it marbled black & pink.

Our is marbled & unfortunately...the breed desired is all black.  Funny thing though....it's very hard to find a Rottie with a black mouth.  I think that part of the breeding standard could be permanently changed.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #490 on: August 08, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »
Happiness for a dog:

Oh my gosh!  I love when dogs smile.  :D

~weed~

« Reply #491 on: August 08, 2008, 04:53:31 PM »
you said something like that LOLOZzz

They are just beautiful!  All of them :)

Yea, it went something like that!!   ;D 8)

Thanks w8m8!!    Yes more pics of Smudge! 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #492 on: August 11, 2008, 09:06:57 PM »
weeds don't cry, only flowers do

~weed~

« Reply #493 on: August 15, 2008, 07:39:28 AM »
weeds don't cry, only flowers do

???

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #494 on: August 16, 2008, 09:08:27 AM »
  I started crying right there, so he picked me.     ;D

~weed~

« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2008, 09:48:02 AM »

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: September 29, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: September 30, 2008, 09:03:28 AM »
Wow...all grown up.  Where does the time go?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: September 30, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »
Wow...all grown up.  Where does the time go?

Yeah, he's pretty much finished growing (thank god).

As all dogs do...he may gain a few pounds here or there in his adult hood, but otherwise, he's all finished growing.  The only problem is that he still acts like he's a scrapping 6 mo. old pup.  He will try & jump up in my arms & grabs ahold of my pant leg when I'm not looking.  The other week I was in the bedroom & I wasn't paying attention & looked to my left for a brief second.  He jumped up for me to catch him & luckily the bed was behind me because he knocked me down like it was nothing.  My upper back was stiff for 2-3 days. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #499 on: September 30, 2008, 07:02:17 PM »

Yes he is a pretty boy!
Does he give sloppy kisses? :-*
: