Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 3882 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Pet Insurance
« on: April 01, 2007, 04:44:36 PM »
Does anyone have it?

I got 30 days "included" with Scout when I got him from the Humane Society.  Out of about $250 bucks in vet bills (he had an upper resp. infection which was covered), I got back about $13 bucks. 

:

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Re: Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »
 yes i have now, i had to pay for a surgety 700 bucks. my dog had a sharp bone stuck in his belly. he recovered good, thank god. but no more bones.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 05:00:43 PM »
bones are bad if they're cooked.

RAW BONES ONLY

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 05:32:10 PM »
bones are bad if they're cooked.

RAW BONES ONLY

Sterilized shin bones ok?
:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 05:36:32 PM »
Sterilized shin bones ok?

???       No cooked or smoked.  I never heard of sterilized bones?

I don't have pet insurance, wouldn't use the vaccinations part of it, and they seem to have a lot of restrictions on what surgeries would be covered.  You have to read all the exceptions, exclusions, time limit clauses. 

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 05:39:47 PM »
it was a calf bone from the oven. i think he ate it too fast, somethimes he doesnt even chew.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »

???       I never heard of sterilized bones?

They sell them at our local Fleet Farm - American made - they're stuffed with peanut butter flavored "stuff".
:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 05:41:51 PM »
They sell them at our local Fleet Farm - American made - they're stuffed with peanut butter flavored "stuff".

I don't think I would give them.  If the sterilization is a "quick steam" maybe.  I would ask just what it entails.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 12:25:39 PM »
i have it for my one dog..they wouldn't cover my 10 y/o rottie..we have the yearly due this week so we'll see how much i get back from VPI...

although my sister paid premiums for her dog and ended up getting 4 bucks back...
footloose and fancy free

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 01:24:37 PM »
i have it for my one dog..they wouldn't cover my 10 y/o rottie..we have the yearly due this week so we'll see how much i get back from VPI...

although my sister paid premiums for her dog and ended up getting 4 bucks back...

rockyfortune, please take a look at the Vaccination thread before you take your dog in.  If your dog has been vaccinated any time over 20weeks of age, he should be set for life.  The ONLY vaccination required by law is rabies.   Do not be bullied into getting anything.   And if your dog is not 100% healthy, according to the manufacturers instructions, no vaccines should be given.  If he is so much has a hot spot, remind your vet of this and postpone any vaccines.  Parvo is mainly a puppy disease, and stay away from combo vacs.  Only vaccinate for what you PERSONALLY feel comfortable with.     

ok - I'm done, between this and the deaths by kibble I am really riled up!
   ::)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 04:41:57 PM »

thats an old Rottie you got there

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 08:09:27 AM »

thats an old Rottie you got there

she's a shepherd/rottie mix...
footloose and fancy free