Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 16, 2014, 10:41:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Out of town for 3 days!  (Read 1589 times)
Alex23
« on: April 01, 2007, 06:34:13 PM »

Nobody to dogsit...

My dog usually sleeps in the suroom which has access to the backyard. Was thinking of letting her stay there for 3 days (with ouside access of course, the TV and plenty of food & water)

Has anybody left a 10 months old alone for so long  Huh
Report to moderator   Logged
Princess L
Getbig V

I stop for turtles

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 07:23:50 PM »

Nobody to dogsit...

My dog usually sleeps in the suroom which has access to the backyard. Was thinking of letting her stay there for 3 days (with ouside access of course, the TV and plenty of food & water)

Has anybody left a 10 months old alone for so long  Huh

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!

Surely you have a friend or neighbor that can at least stop by a couple of times a day.  Or, contact your vet.  They may know of a dog sitter or recommended kennel.

:
tu_holmes
Getbig V

With a keen eye for details, one truth prevails.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:28:14 PM »

Dude, you can't do that... dogs require some companionship.

Find a kennel for them to stay at for a few days, they'll be happier and so will you. (You won't come back and find shit all fucked up)
noc
Getbig IV

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 08:19:40 PM »

Dogs are animals man just let it out in the street, it'll find food for it self and toughen up. If it loves you it will come back.

D
Alex23
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:41:18 PM »

Just found some ex girlfriend what can come on friday... (so dog will be alone only Thursday morning -> friday afternoon)

Is that better? I know that bitch will sniff my underwear and pee on my office chair but at least she knows the dog and will take care 'o her..

Better,  getbig animal lovers ?  Grin
tu_holmes
Getbig V

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:41:56 PM »

Just found some ex girlfriend what can come on friday... (so dog will be alone only Thursday morning -> friday afternoon)

Is that better? I know that bitch will sniff my underwear and pee on my office chair but at least she knows the dog and will take care 'o her..

Much.

You're an animal lover too... you just don't want to admit it.
Alex23
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 08:45:45 PM »

Much.

You're an animal lover too... you just don't want to admit it.

Of course I am... grew up on a ranch man... we had everything from flesh chicks to Workhorses... and everything in between... Grin

Just never in a more urban area.. then I don't know what to do  Smiley
~flower~
Getbig IV

I be dead and stinkin up teh place!!

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 05:22:27 AM »

that's better but only slightly.     An ex girlfriend will check on her but the current girlfriend won't?     

There is no one that can even check in once Thursday night/Friday morning?
Alex23
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 09:18:52 AM »

that's better but only slightly.     An ex girlfriend will check on her but the current girlfriend won't?    

There is no one that can even check in once Thursday night/Friday morning?

Unfortunately no.. just moved to SoCal from NorCal and don't have any friends yet (except coworker that I don't want to get into my shit...) Sad
~flower~
Getbig IV

I be dead and stinkin up teh place!!

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 09:27:06 AM »

Check online or at vets for a dog sitter. They will come to your house for like a 1/2 hour or so and feed and let her out.  Sometimes vet techs will do it on the side. They will usually bring your mail/newspapers in too.

It seems like pets will chose to get sick/hurt when you are out of town, I'd hate to hear she got into something and hurt and no one was around. 
knny187
Getbig V

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »

I won't leave a dog unattended no more than half a day.  A cat is a different story.  For example...my cat...she doesn't care if I'm coming or going.  I've gone days w/o seeing her coming out of her hole.  She's a loner of sorts.

When I was a kid...we had to go out of town all day & came home LATE at night (can't remember where we went).  Anyways...we had 4 Labs that we 'thought' would be ok.

NOT

It was apprx 18 hours we were gone & the neighbor checked in on them in the afternoon (fed & took out).  They were probably just sitting there for about 6-8 hours unattended....got bored....& ripped up the kitchen floor, chewed half of the door to the basement, got over the barrier we put up & ate about half of my toys that I had in my toy box...chewed the leg off the rocking chair.....ate a few pair of shoes....(there's more...but you get the point).

On a side note which was funny....they didn't pee or shit in the house....go figure.
tu_holmes
Getbig V

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 11:01:45 AM »

Unfortunately no.. just moved to SoCal from NorCal and don't have any friends yet (except coworker that I don't want to get into my shit...) Sad

You're in my boat... just moved, no friends... It sucks.

I didn't really have any friends before I moved either though now that I think about it... hmm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!