Author Topic: Sustanon dosing  (Read 2330 times)

muscleluvr

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Sustanon dosing
« on: April 01, 2007, 07:53:03 PM »
I did my last cycle through an HRT clinic, and it included 250 mg sustanon twice weekly.  Since then, I have been taking 187.5 mg sustanon once weekly for the past eight months as part of an HRT program.  Now that I am planning another cycle, I've started to question the sustanon dosing.  It seemed to work very well at the 250 mg twice weekly dosing, but I keep reading online that sustanon needs to be taken every other day.  The clinic says it is fine to dose it that way, but I am now wondering if that is true.  My question is this: Is it okay to take sustanon twice weekly as part of a steroid cycle?  Also, is it okay to take low-dose sustanon once weekly?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Sustanon dosing
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:21:33 PM »
Sust was first created for HRT purposes and was intended to be injected once every 7-10 days for this purpose. However, when it comes to the performance enhancing aspect of things, i.e. BB, more frequent injections are preferred.

When sust is injected once every 7-10 days, you will experience some fluctuations of your test levels. This is because of the various time released esters that make up sust. For simple HRT purposes, this is not that big of a deal...the main point of HRT is to elevate test levels beyond their natural state, and if you're on HRT then your natural levels are low. Even with the less frequent injections, and even though your test levels are fluctuating, it is doubtful that they ever reach a place to where they are lower then your natural state...make sense?

When it comes to taking testosterone for performance benefits, it is optimal to keep your test levels running smooth and even during the entire cycle. When you're training hard and if your test levels are all over the place, you will notice this major fluctuation in a negative way.

muscleluvr

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 05:02:25 AM »
Thanks Arnold for the response.  It tied together the stuff I've been reading, and it was really helpful.  So if I were to change the sustanon to, say, cypionate, the cost would be lower and it sounds like there would be no disadvantages.  I could inject the cypionate once a week during HRT and twice a week when doing a stacking cycle, right?  The HRT clinic claims that sustanon is preferred to others tests because it is made up of different forms of test--but I don't see how that makes any difference.  In other words, taking a combination of tests has no advantages over taking a single form of test....is that correct?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 05:21:06 AM »
Sust was first created for HRT purposes and was intended to be injected once every 7-10 days for this purpose. However, when it comes to the performance enhancing aspect of things, i.e. BB, more frequent injections are preferred.

When sust is injected once every 7-10 days, you will experience some fluctuations of your test levels. This is because of the various time released esters that make up sust. For simple HRT purposes, this is not that big of a deal...the main point of HRT is to elevate test levels beyond their natural state, and if you're on HRT then your natural levels are low. Even with the less frequent injections, and even though your test levels are fluctuating, it is doubtful that they ever reach a place to where they are lower then your natural state...make sense?

When it comes to taking testosterone for performance benefits, it is optimal to keep your test levels running smooth and even during the entire cycle. When you're training hard and if your test levels are all over the place, you will notice this major fluctuation in a negative way.

Agree 100% with this.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 05:24:34 AM »

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 09:34:26 AM »
Thanks Arnold for the response.  It tied together the stuff I've been reading, and it was really helpful.  So if I were to change the sustanon to, say, cypionate, the cost would be lower and it sounds like there would be no disadvantages.  I could inject the cypionate once a week during HRT and twice a week when doing a stacking cycle, right?  The HRT clinic claims that sustanon is preferred to others tests because it is made up of different forms of test--but I don't see how that makes any difference.  In other words, taking a combination of tests has no advantages over taking a single form of test....is that correct?

Test is test...go with the cheapest.

You are correct.

One inject a week of Test C for HRT, Twice a week for a cycle.

Good post Arnold.

8)

Selene

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 10:59:09 AM »
I did my last cycle through an HRT clinic, and it included 250 mg sustanon twice weekly.  Since then, I have been taking 187.5 mg sustanon once weekly for the past eight months as part of an HRT program.  Now that I am planning another cycle, I've started to question the sustanon dosing.  It seemed to work very well at the 250 mg twice weekly dosing, but I keep reading online that sustanon needs to be taken every other day.  The clinic says it is fine to dose it that way, but I am now wondering if that is true.  My question is this: Is it okay to take sustanon twice weekly as part of a steroid cycle?  Also, is it okay to take low-dose sustanon once weekly?

injecting 2x a week is fine for example, injecting mon/thurs

Selene

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 11:00:23 AM »
I forget to add, you do not want to inject 1x week,
if you inject 2x week you will be keeping your levels more
even through out cycle and minimizing adverse side effects

good luck to you

JP

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »
I think some time ago there was a detailed post by Big O (i think)on this subject. His conclusion was to inject Sust EOD, due to the faster acting esters.  You could probably find it in the get big archives somewhere.

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 02:55:57 PM »
I have just started my first cycle of AS, sustanon 300 mg and have taken three injections 5 days apart.  Should I increase to 600 mg every five days or stay status quo?

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 07:31:20 AM »
I have just started my first cycle of AS, sustanon 300 mg and have taken three injections 5 days apart.  Should I increase to 600 mg every five days or stay status quo?

Why complicate this?  Decide what you want your weekly dose to be, divide it by 2 and inject twice per week.  Your levels will be fine--sh*t, they're so supraphysiologic once the cycle starts building up steam that you'll not notice any of these "fluctuations" that everyone is talking about anyway.