Author Topic: Scenario for democrats , what do they do?  (Read 2303 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Scenario for democrats , what do they do?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 08:49:41 AM »
dahhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's worse outside this country for sure.

But in this country, the threat isn't what it's made out to be. 

Who says?  well that's obvious isn't it?

I assume you're saying the White House is telling America the domestic threat is worse than it really is, right?

I remember right before the 2006 election, they ran a series of ads with Osama and a mushroom cloud.  Also Bush made numerous speeches detailing all the terror attacks here in the US, which he was taking credit for.

How would be benefit politically from this?  Would a person who fears for his safety be more likely to vote for one party than the other?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 08:56:01 AM »
I assume you're saying the White House is telling America the domestic threat is worse than it really is, right?

I remember right before the 2006 election, they ran a series of ads with Osama and a mushroom cloud.  Also Bush made numerous speeches detailing all the terror attacks here in the US, which he was taking credit for.

How would be benefit politically from this?  Would a person who fears for his safety be more likely to vote for one party than the other?

You've made your point in this already and i agree for the most part.

You remember the analogy at the end of the movie in "Team America"?

I thought they said beautifully.   ;D

George Stinky Bush

• Getbig IV
  • Whose down with OPP
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 08:59:06 AM »
Team America is the Bible of American foriegn policy under the Bush.
young hov

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 11:05:22 AM »
dahhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's worse outside this country for sure.

But in this country, the threat isn't what it's made out to be. 

Who says?  well that's obvious isn't it?

Wait...where do you get this from?

"But in this country, the threat isn't what it's made out to be"
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 11:16:17 AM »
Wait...where do you get this from?

"But in this country, the threat isn't what it's made out to be"

Because, for very very little money, effort, and logistics i could shut down the Airlines for at least a day if not 2 or 3.

Anyone can.  anytime.  And it hasn't happened.  We are very vulnerable and yet no attacks.  So i'm saying the threat, which of course is still there, isn't as bad as we are being led to believe.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »
Because, for very very little money, effort, and logistics i could shut down the Airlines for at least a day if not 2 or 3.

Anyone can.  anytime.  And it hasn't happened.  We are very vulnerable and yet no attacks.  So i'm saying the threat, which of course is still there, isn't as bad as we are being led to believe.

Hmmmm...so I guess the fact that we have them occupied in Iraq hasn't had any effect on their ability to try something here?
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »
Hmmmm...so I guess the fact that we have them occupied in Iraq hasn't had any effect on their ability to try something here?

Nope, not in my opinion, Iraq is creating more of them.  We dealt them a heavy blow in Afghanistan they are still recovering from.  ALQ is growing stronger everyday in the those mountains bordering Pakistan. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »
Nope, not in my opinion, Iraq is creating more of them.  We dealt them a heavy blow in Afghanistan they are still recovering from.  ALQ is growing stronger everyday in the those mountains bordering Pakistan. 

I guess we will agree to disagree on this, we have taken out alot of ALQ leadership and I think they are pretty unorganized at the moment. Only time will tell. I do feel that if we take the pressure off and pull out of Iraq it will allow them to regroup and I'm not sure we want that...
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 12:13:23 PM »
I guess we will agree to disagree on this, we have taken out alot of ALQ leadership and I think they are pretty unorganized at the moment. Only time will tell. I do feel that if we take the pressure off and pull out of Iraq it will allow them to regroup and I'm not sure we want that...

I agree with everything you said there.  If we pull out of Iraq we will booster terrorism even more than now.  My point was that terrorism increased because of the Iraq invasion and now,as you say, and as i agree, it will increase more if we pull out.