Author Topic: Whatever you say, President Crankypants...  (Read 1628 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Whatever you say, President Crankypants...
« on: April 03, 2007, 12:43:45 PM »
Crawford-Bound Bush Slams Congressional Vacation

With both the House and Senate in recess, President George W. Bush slammed the Democratic-led body Tuesday, saying Congress should get back to work. ...

President Bush plans to spend Thursday through Sunday at his ranch for an extended Easter weekend.

This will be Bush's 63rd trip to his ranch since taking office. He has spent 405 days, either entirely or partially, at his ranch in Crawford, according to Mark Knoller, a CBS Radio White House correspondent known for keeping meticulous records of the president's vacation days.

In 2005, Bush was roundly criticized for taking a lengthy vacation of nearly five weeks away from the White House -- one of the longest presidential retreats in at least 36 years -- when Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast and left New Orleans engulfed in floodwater.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/04/crawfordbound_b.html

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: Whatever you say, President Crankypants...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 01:25:45 PM »

With both the House and Senate in recess, President George W. Bush slammed the Democratic-led body Tuesday, saying Congress should get back to work. ...

President Bush plans to spend Thursday through Sunday at his ranch for an extended Easter weekend.

This will be Bush's 63rd trip to his ranch since taking office. He has spent 405 days, either entirely or partially, at his ranch in Crawford, according to Mark Knoller, a CBS Radio White House correspondent known for keeping meticulous records of the president's vacation days.

In 2005, Bush was roundly criticized for taking a lengthy vacation of nearly five weeks away from the White House -- one of the longest presidential retreats in at least 36 years -- when Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast and left New Orleans engulfed in floodwater.

The senate is taking 2 weeks, not a long weekend. In the Air Force we have stopped taking 3 day weekends, it isn't exactly right in a time of war is it?
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »

Perhaps he didn't pay attention the day they taught the definition of hypocrisy at Yale and Harvard.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 01:32:47 PM »
you guys do know the prez can work where ever he is currently located.  congress needs to be sort of together.
Hope this helps.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 01:34:39 PM »
As of 2003 Bush was on vacation 27% of his presidency.
First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.
Longest Vacation of any president in history

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 01:36:04 PM »
I AM SURE YOUR IDEA OF VACATION AND THE PRESIDENTS ARE MUCH MUCH DIFFERENT

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 01:39:14 PM »
I AM SURE YOUR IDEA OF VACATION AND THE PRESIDENTS ARE MUCH MUCH DIFFERENT

Yeah your right, when I'm on vacation I don't clear brush, and drive around the woods. Also when I'm handed important intel such as a "president's daily brief" containing a two-page section entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US" I might actually stop and read it and act accordingly.  ::)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 01:42:05 PM »
And here comes the neotaints and their defense for spending 27% of his Presidency away from the White House. It's like clockwork.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »
Yeah your right, when I'm on vacation I don't clear brush, and drive around the woods. Also when I'm handed important intel such as a "president's daily brief" containing a two-page section entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US" I might actually stop and read it and act accordingly.  ::)

YOU KNOW SO MUCH, YOU MUST HAVE BEEN THERE WITNESSING THE WHOLE THING....NO?  WELL THAN YOU ARE TAKING THE WORD OF OTHERS AND YOU HAVE PROVEN THIS ISN'T VALUABLE "INTEL"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 01:44:02 PM »
As of 2003 Bush was on vacation 27% of his presidency.

I wonder if any of those 98 days he didn't work that year could have been used to follow up on the lead from teh German Ambassador which details plans of the 9/11 attacks.

The call did come during his vacation, Aug 5, which was five weeks before the attacks.

The ambassador gave Bush 5 of the names - the Germans had gotten the info from the Israelis, oddly.  He also gave the attack date and the targets.  

I sure wish Bush would have taken one of those 98 days off, to do something about the 911 intel he was given.  But I guess that would be asking too much of the man we elect to keep us safe, right?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 01:46:13 PM »

All right, youandme... You've covered your ass.

:)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 01:47:42 PM »
YOU KNOW SO MUCH, YOU MUST HAVE BEEN THERE WITNESSING THE WHOLE THING....NO?  WELL THAN YOU ARE TAKING THE WORD OF OTHERS AND YOU HAVE PROVEN THIS ISN'T VALUABLE "INTEL"
Oh brother ::) Taking the word of others? Witnesses? Intel? Your starting to sound like dazed and confused neocon doing the perp walk.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 01:48:59 PM »

Instead you bag fries at McDonalds.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 01:49:48 PM »
Oh brother ::) Taking the word of others? Witnesses? Intel? Your starting to sound like dazed and confused neocon doing the perp walk.

JUST FOR THE RECORD "OH BROTHER" SOUNDS HORRIBLY GAY...HOPE THIS HELPS!

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 01:51:01 PM »
NO ROOSTER, HE WAS DEMOTED LAST WEEK FOR OVER COOKING THE FRIES, BACK TO MOP BUCKET WITH YOU!