Author Topic: Kudos to this Coach!  (Read 3125 times)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Re: Kudos to this Coach!
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 09:11:56 AM »
Please give arguments that supports your "statement".

If you truly believe what you just wrote at your age, then you are one stupid bastard........... ::)
because i wrote that, it means my mom & dad were not married when i was conceived?
explain that reasoning.  Thanks butch.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 10:32:08 AM »
I definitely see where you're coming from.

There needs to be a certain amount of reason in every decision. Part of this has to do with what was mentioned in the article: Fear of Lawsuits.

I definitely believe that a fundamental change needs to be done to the sueing system that is plagueing the US legal system.

Everywhere there is a fcuking disclaimer these day.

And everywhere someone is looking to sue.

But the key issue: Some reason on how to handle the issue. A banner with a religious ad.

This is no big deal. I understand why it was pulled.

The problems are those schools that teach Intelligent Design, have any religious influences in the school program (such as Christian or Islam classes), et al.

Those are the big problems, which will prevent USA from getting the best possible scientists, engineers, et al.

-Hedge

I agree that there is a missing element of common sense in much of these religious/public sector disputes. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 10:42:59 AM »
The US was founded as a secular country.

If you need fairy tales from the mideast to tell what good morals are then you are pathetic. How about moral behavior out of respect for your fellow man? Saying that people who aren't religious don't have good values is fucking stupid.

Like it or not, those morals were built in a religious foundation
gotta love life

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »
Like it or not, those morals were built in a religious foundation

Proof? How about proof that people who praise jebus are mora morally sound than people who don't?

Much of the US' ideals came out of John Locke's ideals of individual freedom and choice, not religion.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 01:42:33 PM »
Proof? How about proof that people who praise jebus are mora morally sound than people who don't?

Much of the US' ideals came out of John Locke's ideals of individual freedom and choice, not religion.

I didn't say they were more moraly sound....you talk about respect for fellow man etc...that shit came around thousands of years ago...although over time other aspects of religion faded, respect for fellow man hung on
gotta love life

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 03:40:15 AM »
I agree that there is a missing element of common sense in much of these religious/public sector disputes. 

It's like when schools puts up signs saying "Happy Holidays" or "seasons greetings" instead of "Merry Christmas". Just stupid.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 06:44:15 AM »
It's like when schools puts up signs saying "Happy Holidays" or "seasons greetings" instead of "Merry Christmas". Just stupid.

-Hedge
Yep. 

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 07:43:07 AM »
Good to see that the secular society is upheld.

Religion shouldn't be part of the public society.

Sorry that this man wanted a religious ad up.

Hopefully, he'll reason and realise that religion should be a private matter.

-Hedge
Remember , this country was founded by christians.  I wonder if I can go into Iran, and tell them to take down a musclim symbol in their schools because it offends me.