Author Topic: Does cranberry juice in any way negate effects of glutamine or creatine?  (Read 6505 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
A good friend passed a kidney stone last week, and it scared me pretty bad.  I want to start drinking more cranberry juice (I believe the 27% northwoods stuff was recommended).

To kill two birds with one stone, I want to mix it with creatine and glutamine I take.

Question is, is there anything in the cranberry juice which would destroy the effectiveness of the creatine or glutamine?  Something must be special about it to clean up the kidneys, and I want to make sure that 'something special' doesn't make the creatine or glutamine less effective.  Thanks!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
A good friend passed a kidney stone last week, and it scared me pretty bad.  I want to start drinking more cranberry juice (I believe the 27% northwoods stuff was recommended).

To kill two birds with one stone, I want to mix it with creatine and glutamine I take.

Question is, is there anything in the cranberry juice which would destroy the effectiveness of the creatine or glutamine?  Something must be special about it to clean up the kidneys, and I want to make sure that 'something special' doesn't make the creatine or glutamine less effective.  Thanks!

i dont think 9/11 was rigged.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.

Rob, take the cranberry in the morning and evening. Take the creatine/glutamine pre and post workout.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i dont think 9/11 was rigged.

LIHOP = Let it happen on purpose.   But, politics has become boring, so I am focusing on achieving maximum muscle mass now.  

So does cranberry juice negate effectiveness of creatine and glutamine?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Take the creatine/glutamine pre and post workout.

a teaspoon of each, in the same cup?

I guess question #2 is absorption pathways.  Do creatine and glutamine compete for resources, and therefore should be taken independetly?  Or is mixing fine, just tossing back the whole 10 mg at once?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
GLUTAMINE= worthless supplement (save ur $)

cranberry juice won't hurt creatine (just drink it as soon as u mix it,creatine loses potency fast once mixed)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
GLUTAMINE= worthless supplement (save ur $)

cranberry juice won't hurt creatine (just drink it as soon as u mix it,creatine loses potency fast once mixed)
Exactly. Mike posted what I planned on writing basically word-for-word.
!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Exactly. Mike posted what I planned on writing basically word-for-word.

;D

(great minds think alike)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
glutamine is a worthless supp. its bioavailibility is next to zero, via the gastric lining.

it has benefits such as immnomodulation, sleep(gaba agonist) and digestion. however, dont waste your money on glutamine.

what type of creatine are you taking? monohydrate? if so get something else. its also low in absorption, along with a strong insuline response needed via simple sugars to aid in transport. a buffered creatine is cheap and more effective. the cranberry juice will not effect creatine through any of the pathways im aware of.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
a teaspoon of each, in the same cup?

I guess question #2 is absorption pathways.  Do creatine and glutamine compete for resources, and therefore should be taken independetly?  Or is mixing fine, just tossing back the whole 10 mg at once?

Its a myth, there's no competition for resources, receptors, etc. between the two.

Unless you want the extra sugar, I'd look for cranberry extract and take it in pill form. Use Kre-alklyn and you won't need the sugar to force it into the muscles anyway. Even if you took it all together it wouldn't matter, creatine absorbs through the intestines and into the muscle where it goes through the kreb's cycle before the byproducts are filtered out by the kidneys. glutamine isn't really absorbed in the stomach orally, but I swear it stops me from getting sick.  Its not like you drink your mix and it all goes straight to the kidneys to compete for processing.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Guys, glutamine PEPTIDES are what you use to aid in absorbtion. But I still maintain it is a worthless product.

Just take creatine and protein and but your ass in the gym. There are one or two other types of products out there that are somewhat affective but the first two are most important if you're training naturally.
!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
BCAA's would be the most effective product. high dose leucine does wonders.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
BCAA's would be the most effective product. high dose leucine does wonders.
It's cheaper to get bcaa's in a quality whey protein powder, however. Two scoops of Optimum Whey will give you a huge amount of bcaa's.
!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
It's cheaper to get bcaa's in a quality whey protein powder, however. Two scoops of Optimum Whey will give you a huge amount of bcaa's.

usually of poor quality as i make whey in org chem using acetic acid and milk.

i like a product like xtend.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
usually of poor quality as i make whey in org chem using acetic acid and milk.

i like a product like xtend.
I don't understand. You mean the whey is of poor quality?
What makes you think you are getting more bcaa's out of a product like Xtend than from a good whey powder? Not disputing you, just asking.
!