Author Topic: HOW A NATURAL PRO got INTO Shape for 2006: Low Protein!  (Read 6808 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
HOW A NATURAL PRO got INTO Shape for 2006: Low Protein!
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:10:23 PM »
http://www.kerrynapierwnbfpro.net/id27.html

How I got Into shape In 2006

The Low-Protein Diet!!  

My 2006 diet actually began mid November 2004. After I returned from the WNBF Pro Natural World Championships I decided that I was going to give it my all for one year, no cheating, no easy months but 12 months of perfect nutrition and full on training.
Every meal was perfect bodybuilding fare and my training couldn't have been better. By the time I started my diet in July 2005 I was as heavy as I'd ever been but with really tight condition, my training had gone really well and I was at my all time strongest and the heavy training had added even more thickness to my physique. I was extremely confident about my chances.
Unfortunately Illness got in the way, culminating in the discovery that I had seriously high blood pressure. I came off my diet in mid-september weighing 14 and a half stone and only 7-8 pounds out of contest shape. I was gutted but Health is more important than titles in my opinion. I was put on blood pressure medication and I totally altered my diet and came off all the supplements I was taking. I don't know why but I felt my high protein intake may have been a factor in causing my blood pressure to go so high so I reduced my protein intake from 250-300g a day to under 100g a day.
I also went on holiday to Vietnam for 2 months for some rest and relaxation.
When I returned I visited the doctors to discover that my Blood pressure had returned to normal. Great!!! My physique hadn't been too affected by my sabatical and I decided what the heck, I'll try and get into shape on this ridiculously low protein diet.
So at the start of the year weighing 212lbs I started my contest diet.
For the first month I ate 150g of protein and 300g of carbs plus about 50g of fat but very quickly my blood pressure started going up so I dropped back down to under 100g a day, and my blood pressure dropped back down too.
My carbs came from porridge, brown rice, brown bread and some post-workout jelly babies. Protein came from one scoop of soya protein (25g) and either chicken or fish. Most of my fat came from supplemented flax seed oil. I took in no extra bodybuilding supplements just taking Vit C (6g a day) Vit E (800iu a day) and a multi-vitamin. On a Saturday I ate whatever I wished and plenty of it to keep my metabolism ticking over. Effectively with the occasional change this was my diet for the first 3 months up to the point of my 9 weeks out progress pics.
9 weeks out I started reducing my carbs. Dropping 20g per week for the next 4 weeks. I also added creatine into my diet, keeping a close eye on my BP which remained constant, happy with that I kept creatine in my diet. Because of this I dropped the Jelly babies (i was also starting to get sore teeth) and replaced them with a post-workout creatine drink. Adding creatine did give my workouts a well needed boost at a point when diet fatigue was kicking in.
5 weeks out I was eating 100g of protein and 220g of carbs a day and i'd run out of flax seed oil. So I took a gamble and upped my protein intake. It peaked at 160g a day (and my bp started climbing again, but I took the risk for one month.) I also started adding more supplements,due to the terms of my sponsorship with LA Muscle which entitle me to a months free stock before a contest. As the creatine hadn't had any effect on my bp I figured I'd be a fool to not take them.
This was my diet for the 4 weeks leading up to the final week:

6.30 am- 10g l-glutamine, 2 vasculator and half an apple
7.15am cardio
8.15am Protein shake (25g protein) Vitamins,LA MUSCLE's Norateen 2, Nemisis, Natrex and Sculpt
9am 4 vasculator
9.30 training
10.30am Protein Shake, 10g l-glutamine, 10g creatine instant, 40g dextrose
12.30pm Porridge with a scoop of protein (25g protein and 80g of carbs)Norateen 2 and Sculpt
2.30pm Chicken, beetroot and salsa in a wholemeal wrap (25g protein 30g carbs)
5pm As above plus Norateen 2 , Nemisis, Natrex and Sculpt

I ate this 6 days a week but continued to eat big on a Saturday!!!

One week out I decided to carb deplete and then load up for the show. Unfortunately it was a bit of a disaster. I carb depleted fine dropping from 220 down to 80g over 4 days. However I upped my protein to compensate for the drop and my body did not like this at all. So from wednesday onwards my stomach gave me real trouble. I couldn't manage a bowel movement (I  was regular everyday up until then) and come Thursday and my first day of planned carb load I couldn't eat anything without swelling up like a balloon. I struggled to get the necessary carbs in over the next few days, in the end I had to resort to drinking a large portion of them in the form of dextrose which was far from ideal. My stomach never eased up and come the day of the show I felt like I was carrying a brick around inside me.

Still regardless of this I managed to turn up on the day In what everybody said was my best shape ever. I was perhaps not as dry as I've been, I attribute this too my inadequate carb load, but not by much and my high carb diet had left me looking fuller than before. With improved posing it was my best showing yet. Until 2 days later when the carbs from cake, apple pieand chinese buffet left me looking truly freaky tuesday morning and 3 kg heavier. SHIT.

TRAINING:

If you've been checking my site often you'll have a fair idea of the training I did to prepare for the show.
I did alter it a bit from my previous training due to doctors advice regarding my high Blood pressure. Previously my training was based around heavy deadlifting (220kg for 5 reps), squatting (180kg for sets of 6) and Incline Pressing (130kg for sets of 6.) This year I didn't train heavy. My deadlifts stopped at 180kg for 8 and I didn't do them every back workout like before, squats were usually no more than 140kg for sets of 12-15reps and I seldom benched more than 100kg. Instead I focused on machines, trying to refine the mass I already have. Training mostly on the Life fitness machines at my work I feel I managed to improve the look of my physique whilst still maintaining the mass I'm known for. The response I had from spectators on the day backed this up.
It does leave me with a little quandry in how to undertake my training from now on. Keep trying to improve my shape? Or add some thickness to my new improved shape? And now that my bp is back to normal do I start doing the basic exercises heavy again?
For now I'm going to try dropping my reps again and I'll be charting my training on my training page as before.
There is still the small matter of the British championships to consider so maybe 2006's contest prep hasn't had a line drawn under it yet?

11/9/06 Well I did bite the bullet and in mid-July I began my prep for this years BNBF Finals. I have been training extra hard for this years show as the competition will be extremely tough and i'm also very motivated towards winning the British title for the 2nd time.
My nutrition has stayed very similar to my diet for the Scottish championships in so much that I'm still on relatively high carbohydrates and lower than the norm protein levels. I think the extra carbs have allowed me to train as hard and as often as I have been (see training page) and I've been able to stay full and lean. I have been writing down each days food the night before and sticking strictly to it, which has taken the randomness out of my diet. It does change from day to day but is mainly based around Porridge with fruit, Chicken wraps and soya protein shakes. Check the photo of me below 3 weeks out from the show to confirm that things are going to plan.

Side chest 3 weeks from BNBF Britain

click logo to go to lamuscle.com

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Re: HOW A NATURAL PRO got INTO Shape for 2006: Low Protein!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:14:13 PM »
*burps & laughs*  I hope nobody pays you attention, you are ridiculous.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »
Why do you copy and paste so much?

You shouldtake all this time to work on getting yourself a career, or even just a descent job for that matter.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 12:15:09 PM »
Honestly, who gives a crap about a 'natural pro' LOL, funny thing is, like 'real' pro's he doesn't seem to have a JOB either.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 12:16:10 PM »
Exactly.  
I have posted on this fairly extensively on a thread here on the board regarding Silvio Samuels' condition.  

I am working on posting a set of "Guidelines" on dieting that will shock the bodybuilding world.  

I am going to call them the "Doison guidelines."

You CAN eat Arby's and get lean!
Y

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 12:17:02 PM »
Honestly, who gives a crap about a 'natural pro' LOL, funny thing is, like 'real' pro's he doesn't seem to have a JOB either.

bullshit he can sell drugs and sell his as for gay for pay
p

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »

His Current Diet:
My protein levels are staying constant at 125g a day. My weekly cycle looks like this: Sunday-Tuesday low carbs (300g) Wednesday High (500g) Thursday-Friday low carbs and Saturday High carbs. On Saturday I totally relax my eating, eating more 'cheat' type foods and my protein levels may be higher due to this.
3 weeks in my weight is 212lbs. I always lose bigger chunks earlier in the diet but from here on in I expect to lose 1-2lbs per week.
My training never changes regardless of whether i'm dieting or bulking. At the moment I am doing a 5x5 program and will be continuing that until its conclusion and will then start up something new which I will detail more thoroughly from its beginning.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 12:20:08 PM »
His Current Diet:
My protein levels are staying constant at 125g a day. My weekly cycle looks like this: Sunday-Tuesday low carbs (300g) Wednesday High (500g) Thursday-Friday low carbs and Saturday High carbs. On Saturday I totally relax my eating, eating more 'cheat' type foods and my protein levels may be higher due to this.
3 weeks in my weight is 212lbs. I always lose bigger chunks earlier in the diet but from here on in I expect to lose 1-2lbs per week.
My training never changes regardless of whether i'm dieting or bulking. At the moment I am doing a 5x5 program and will be continuing that until its conclusion and will then start up something new which I will detail more thoroughly from its beginning.

Yes!
I am eating even lower protein than that! 
You will all be soon shocked at what I am proposing regarding nutrition. 

The typical bodybuilding "diet" of high protein and clean food is just not needed. 

Y

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 12:20:22 PM »
Exactly.  
I have posted on this fairly extensively on a thread here on the board regarding Silvio Samuels' condition.  

I am working on posting a set of "Guidelines" on dieting that will shock the bodybuilding world.  

I am going to call them the "Doison guidelines."

You CAN eat Arby's and get lean!

I have already beat you to it my friend. hahaha I even remember you doubting me.  I am glad you see the light now.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 12:20:53 PM »

Yes!

The typical bodybuilding "diet" of high protein and clean food is just not needed. 

Me too.

I eat around 50-80 grams or so a day.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 12:21:14 PM »
Hey Adonis, maybe he should just completely cut proteins out of his diet! wouldn't that be a great idea? ;)

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »
This dude knows what he is doing. Great power and physique.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 12:21:55 PM »
I have already beat you to it my friend. hahaha I even remember you doubting me.  I am glad you see the light now.

I assure you, my diet is unlike any diet you have "followed."  
This diet is entirely unlike any diet used by bodybuilders.

In fact, I am going to prove very soon that you can get in contest shape eating ONLY Arby's every day!
Y

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 12:24:51 PM »

Yes!

I love kids now a days that think they have found the secret!  bodybuilding hasn't changed in forever, lift heavy, eat protein, get big.

but you guys keep at your kooky ideas, gonna fuck up some kids here that buy into that shit.  its hysterical.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 12:24:55 PM »
Hey Adonis, maybe he should just completely cut proteins out of his diet! wouldn't that be a great idea? ;)

I have already done this.  
I have eaten no protein on purpose for 3 weeks.  
I take Keto acids to cover the proteins my body cannot create on it's own.  

I create an extremely high insulin level throughout the day to create an entirely anti-catabolic environment.  
Any protein I ingest by happenstance (roughly 10-20g per day) is available in its entirety for synthesis of new protein.  
Which allows me to gain muscle at a rate of up to 600g per month, all while getting leaner, and eating whatever I want!
Y

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 12:26:06 PM »
I assure you, my diet is unlike any diet you have "followed."  
This diet is entirely unlike any diet used by bodybuilders.

In fact, I am going to prove very soon that you can get in contest shape eating ONLY Arby's every day!
I have already proven that.  I eat whatever I want. :)

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 12:26:15 PM »
I love kids now a days that think they have found the secret!  bodybuilding hasn't changed in forever, lift heavy, eat protein, get big.

but you guys keep at your kooky ideas, gonna fuck up some kids here that buy into that shit.  its hysterical.

Sir, I have seen your photos.  The archaic dieting methods you are a proponent of have NOT been working for you!
Do not foolheartedly follow the "others" when there is a method much better.  

You will soon be turned on to the "Doison guidelines!"
Y

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »
I have already proven that.  I eat whatever I want. :)

Yes, but with the Doison guidelines, you can eat whatever you want and STILL lose weight!

You too shall be enlightened!
Y

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 12:31:38 PM »
Yes, but with the Doison guidelines, you can eat whatever you want and STILL lose weight!

You too shall be enlightened!

tell us more, o great one!! especially the eating Arby's part..

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 12:32:09 PM »
WOW I WONDER WHAT HE CAN DEADLIFT AND HOW MANY TIMES

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 12:33:40 PM »
tell us more, o great one!! especially the eating Arby's part..

All will be revealed in time. 
Fools will doggedly hold on to hard fought beliefs, but in the end, the truth will reign.

No longer must you suffer on a diet.  Anyone can eat whatever they want, and look HOWEVER they want!
Y

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 12:38:37 PM »
All will be revealed in time. 
Fools will doggedly hold on to hard fought beliefs, but in the end, the truth will reign.

No longer must you suffer on a diet.  Anyone can eat whatever they want, and look HOWEVER they want!

Geez, you don't even try to hide your alter-ego accounts any more, do you TA?
w

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 12:39:29 PM »
There are many more natural pros who take a proportionally higher level of protein and look better, but he's got a good physique nevertheless.

Obviously there is more than 1 effective method to train & diet.

Like most natural pros, he takes glutamine, protein supplements.