Author Topic: Dice K, 10 strike outs in debut win.....  (Read 2724 times)

body88

Dice K, 10 strike outs in debut win.....
« on: April 05, 2007, 01:35:36 PM »
Very impressive showing for Dice K's debut. Almost broke the rookie strike out record for the sox.  7 innings , 6 hits, 10 strike outs. 108 pitches, 75 for strikes. Only allowed one run. At one point retired 10 straight batters. Threw 7 different pitches effectively for strikes. Could throw any pitch at any time. All pitches had movement and he showed awesome control. Once settled in he was impressive. Considering the pressure that is on this kid, this was a very promising showing in his major league debut. Not to mention it was only 36 degrees in Kansas today!! Challenging weather for any pitcher to throw in, nevermind a guy who is used to pitching in a dome. Pitchers have trouble transferring from the NL to the AL.  With the amount of pressure on this kid and the fact he just came over to play from half way around the world, his debut was pretty impressive. Not anointing him just yet, there are a lot of ball games left against better teams, but I had to give him his props for doing a great job in his mlb debut. He showed the potential he has to be a dominant player with the way he pitched.

Props to Grimke for pitching a great game also. He looked very very sharp for the royals. Only allowed 2 runs before the bullpen got blown up.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Dice K, 10 strike outs in debut win.....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 07:00:06 AM »
Great game..froze my ass off but was great to see his first pitch. The Japanese media was all over the place.
L

body88

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 07:08:32 AM »
Great game..froze my ass off but was great to see his first pitch. The Japanese media was all over the place.

Must have been weird sitting at a ball game in 35 degree weather. Makes how dice k performed all the more impressive. Very promising how he handled the massive pressure, and poor weather conditions. Especially since he pitched in a dome before.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 10:43:04 AM »
I will get some pics up...we got his first pitch etc all on film.
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 11:53:38 AM »
I will get some pics up...we got his first pitch etc all on film.

I debated paying $200 a ticket to watch his first game at Fenway tonight but I was too cheap frugal to pull the trigger. With Dice K and Ichiro playing their first games against each other in MLB every Japanese media person in the world should be at Fenway tonight. Should be quite the event.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »
the red sox suck ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 06:38:22 AM »
He pitched ok last night but that kid from the Mariners was lights out!!!!!

body88

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 08:14:51 AM »
He pitched ok last night but that kid from the Mariners was lights out!!!!!

I agree.  Dice K was not as sharp as his debut, where he struck out 10 and only gave up a single run over seven. But 7 innings 3 runs 6 k's would get you a win on most nights. Pretty good numbers for a guy who was having a "off " night with his breaking pitches. Especially after watching Weaver get rocked for 14 runs the night before when he had problems. So the sox where hitting well, but Hernandez was dominant. When Hernandez pitches the way he did last night you don't have much of a chance with only one run against you. The guy was un hitable. One hit over 9 innings! Control of his 100 mph fast ball, lol. Two speeds on the breaking stuff, he was on! Hernandez was unimpressive last year, then he loses 20 lbs and comes back like a monster. It would be unrealistic to think Dice K is going to be lights out in every start with all the pressure on him. Not to mention he is a rookie to the mlb. If you check out Pedro's numbers from his first two starts they are similar to Dice K's. J Tek has compared the two many times. To perform the way he did when he was having some issues with his breaking stuff is still a good outing imo. The kid is going to be very good. Dice K has obvious ace type stuff. He is going to need a full year to adjust, so far I think he is doing great. Props to Hernandez on a STELLER night. He was brilliant.

Promising numbers for dice k so far. 16 k's over his first two games.

G IP H R HR BB SO W L Sv P/GS WHIP BAA ERA
2 14.0 14 4 1 2 14 1 1 0 105.5 1.14 .269 2.57

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 11:36:56 AM »
The sox seem to suffer in the cold weather so..once things get back to normal and we get spring summer weather..the boys should all heat up. Wakefield can't pitch in 35 degree weather.
L

body88

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 04:03:54 PM »
The sox seem to suffer in the cold weather so..once things get back to normal and we get spring summer weather..the boys should all heat up. Wakefield can't pitch in 35 degree weather.

Cold as hell in Boston these last two games. Did not stop the Sox from destroying the angels 10 - 1 last night, and 8 - 0 nothing tonight thankfully. Hope this weather warms up soon. Kurt looked great tonight. Leading the division as of now...  I know, I know there are about 100 million games to go, just being a homer  ;) The pitching staff has looked very good in this cold weather. Cant wait until it warms up. Lester is supposed to be coming along nicley. He is going to look great at the five spot.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 06:09:51 AM »
I think a couple of starts in the minors would help out DiceK
 ;) ;D

body88

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 07:32:10 AM »
I think a couple of starts in the minors would help out DiceK
 ;) ;D

Like I said he is going to take a year to adjust fully. He is going to have his outings where he really struggles. The good thing about Dice is when has problems is it is not from the hitters. The hitters have yet to be the ones knocking him all over the park. Most all the runs he gave up last night where on 1 bloop hit. It has to be noted that Julio Lugo was the cause of three of those runs with his bonehead defensive showing last night. There is no excuse for the throw he did not make when the runner stepped in front of him for a second on that routine ground ball. I was so pissed, lol. He should have made both those plays. Granted the walks Dice K issued put the batters there in the first place, do he has himself to thank for his struggles in that inning. Dice gets into trouble when he lets his emotions get the best of him. But he has the ability to bounce back and obviously has great stuff. He will be fine and he will learn. He is going to be an ace one day, and those who thought he would come from a  lesser league half way around the world and would not have a learning curve are haters. They just want to bash him, and are not being realistic. It is not realistic to think a rookie is not going to have ups and downs. Look at The 6 - 0 Josh Beckett. A ace pitcher who needed a year to adjust to the American league when he came over from the National league. Never mind being a rookie to the mlb from half way around the world. Not like it matters the sox won anyway. Dice is a great number three pitcher who is learning every day. Dice had a really crappy outing last night. Look at Petttite the last time he pitched for the Yankees, ouch. Five walks, five runs, on six hits over 4 innings right? Bad outings are going to happen. Bottom line is when he faced the Yankees last he only had a solid outing and there bats did nothing against him. When guys are getting hits by accident of check swings you know a person has some stuff. Honestly last night the mariners bats where not doing much against him either. You would look at the score and think he was getting tagged all over the place but that was not the case.The only time people bring up Dice is when he struggles. Dice is going through what any rookie goes through. He has outings where he is awesome, outings where he really struggles, and outings where he is just solid. He is up and down like most rookies are. It is going to take a awhile for the kid to adjust to the majors! I will take 18 - 9 any day of the week. I am more focused on Lester getting back into the rotation at the five spot.  ;) ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 08:08:08 AM »
Like I said he is going to take a year to adjust fully. He is going to have his outings where he really struggles. The good thing about Dice is when has problems is it is not from the hitters. The hitters have yet to be the ones knocking him all over the park.

If it's not the hitters, then what is he adjusting to?  Seriously, what is the reason for his apparent lack of  command and control?  Could it be that Seattle was the first team to have seen him twice, and THEY'VE adjusted to him by not being fooled by pitches out of the zone?

Like I've mentioned before, historically, Japanese pitchers have their best year in their first year, before the league adjusts to them. 

If it's not the hitters, then what is he learning?

Look at The 6 - 0 Josh Beckett. A ace pitcher who needed a year to adjust to the American league when he came over from the National league. Never mind being a rookie to the mlb from half way around the world.

Beckett started the same way last year, and ended up with a 5.00 ERA, sub 100 ERA+ and was one of the leaders (if not THE leader) in HRs allowed.   The term "ace" should not be anywhere near this guy, since he has not put together a season worthy of the term since 2003, which he did in the NL East. 

We won't be able to tell the real story on Beckett until late August.  Last year was the first year he went over 176 IP, and the results were horrible.  His ERA will be over 4 by then.  People always want to give this guy the "ace" label, but he's never actually delivered on it.

Y

body88

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 08:55:42 AM »
If it's not the hitters, then what is he adjusting to?  Seriously, what is the reason for his apparent lack of  command and control?  Could it be that Seattle was the first team to have seen him twice, and THEY'VE adjusted to him by not being fooled by pitches out of the zone?

Like I've mentioned before, historically, Japanese pitchers have their best year in their first year, before the league adjusts to them. 

If it's not the hitters, then what is he learning?

Beckett started the same way last year, and ended up with a 5.00 ERA, sub 100 ERA+ and was one of the leaders (if not THE leader) in HRs allowed.   The term "ace" should not be anywhere near this guy, since he has not put together a season worthy of the term since 2003, which he did in the NL East. 

We won't be able to tell the real story on Beckett until late August.  Last year was the first year he went over 176 IP, and the results were horrible. His ERA will be over 4 by then.  People always want to give this guy the "ace" label, but he's never actually delivered on it.

Well since the Yankees saw dice k for the second time last week I don't know about that one, lol. Not sure how seeing dice k the second time around had anything to do with him walking people/having a bad night. The Mariners did not hit the ball well at all. Although k struggled not sure how Julio Lugo making wild throws to first or screwing up routine plays to allow two of the 5 runs is all Dice k's fault.  He is adjusting to a totally different league/culture where all the players are much better. A different strike zone, a different rotation, better hitter's,a language barrier, pressure from japan, pressure from red sox nation, a media circus, a new culture, a new team, and pitching in all types of weather instead of just a dome. Your right other then being a rookie he has nothing to adjust to, lol. Lets take Hughes and add in all those factors and see how he does. I don't see why you see it so hard to believe a rookie to the mlb will be up and down. A rookie from a totally different culture no less. Do you know how much pressure is on this guy? Lol, the Yankees ace's struggle. Never mind there number three rookie to the mlb. Whats there excuse? K's lack of control? You have not been watching his body of work if you think he has lack of control in ALL of his outings. Last night being his first true struggle from inning 1. Are you sure the Yankees did not see him for the second time last weekend? Why couldent the Yankees make solid contact on Dice K all night the second time around? Why did the Yankees have to rely on check swings that lucked into gaps to get hits? Off balance check swings like Damon had for a hit usually mean the pitch fooled them and they got lucky. You would think the Yankees could hit a guy with authority the second time around? How did dice k strike out 7 Yankee batters the second time he faced them? Why after Dice struggled in the 4th inning after being rattled did he bounce back to retire six straight Yankees to go deep in the game? Why did Pettite not bounce back and only go 4 innings walking 5 and allowing 5 runs? Why did he have a much better outing then Andy Pettite in Andys house? How did he beat the best lineup in the MLB/possibly ever while only pitching a solid outing? Asking me what Dice K would have to adjust to is not only foolish it shows your true motive. Expecting this kid to be dominant/without ups and downs on his fifth start after just coming over from a totally different country is stupid. Where were you his first three starts where he was awesome? When he ked 10 in 32 degree weather? They ked on strikes, he was painting the corners. When he pitched a great game against Toronto but lost 2 -1 due to lack of run support? He has the stuff which is obvious. Typical yankee fan, asking why the number three rookie is not a cy young on his sixth start in the majors.He pitched great games in kc, toronto and against seattle the first time. Pitched ok against the yankees the first time, and was solid the second time. Last night he really struggled. That is not the type of performance you are making him out to be having.

Are you sure Becket was "the same"? Are you sure he was 6-0 with a 2.72 era? Sure he relied on an array of pitches and not just his fastball? Sure he had a strategy and a method to the madness?  Becket threw hard, harder and hardest last year. He did not try to pitch his way out of jams. People waited for his fastball and got it. It is obvious you are sour over the fact he is 6 - 0. Sour over the fact he is showing an array of pitches and has learned how to pitch instead of trying to blow the ball by people all the time. I guess everyone around the majors who is praising this guy for developing the way he has is crazy. I guess Boston has the best pitching staff in the majors on sheer luck. Becket not an ace? I can see where this argument is going. 6 - 0 with a 2.72 era cannot be the 26 year old devleoping into a great pitcher, it has to be some kind of luck.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 10:12:35 AM »

Well since the Yankees saw dice k for the second time last week I don't know about that one, lol. Not sure how seeing dice k the second time around had anything to do with him walking people/having a bad night. The Mariners did not hit the ball well at all. Although k struggled not sure how Julio Lugo making wild throws to first or screwing up routine plays to allow two of the 5 runs is all Dice k's fault.  He is adjusting to a totally different league/culture where all the players are much better. A different strike zone, a different rotation, better hitter's,a language barrier, pressure from japan, pressure from red sox nation, a media circus, a new culture, a new team, and pitching in all types of weather instead of just a dome. Your right other then being a rookie he has nothing to adjust to, lol. Lets take Hughes and add in all those factors and see how he does.

You're taking this as an attack on Matsusaka, which it wasn't.   You made a statement  that it was not the hitters giving Matsusaka problems, it was that he just had to make adjustments.  I was legitimately asking that if it wasn't the hitters, then what these adjustments were that he had to make.

You then contradict yourself in the next post by saying that he's facing better hitters and will need to adjust to them.

Seeing him the second time around can definitely have an impact on his having a bad night.  Batters will have more of an idea what to expect and may not be as fooled, which would lead them to not swinging at pitches out of the zone.

Matsusaka is an elite professional ballplayer.  The scouting reports praise his mental makeup as well has his physical.  I don't think all the factors you stated affect his ability to throw strikes when he needs to.  I think it's ALL about the level of hitter he's facing.  Maybe his #'s will not translate as well as they were perceived.  I don't know why you're even comparing his situation to Hughes - they're not remotely similar.  Also, everything is not Yankees/Red Sox, especially this case.

Asking me what Dice K would have to adjust to is not only foolish it shows your true motive. Expecting this kid to be dominant/without ups and downs on his fifth start after just coming over from a totally different country is stupid. Where were you his first three starts where he was awesome?

It's a legitmate question.  I never expected him to be dominant every time, nor did I ever post it.  You're putting words in my mouth to make an argument.

Are you sure Becket was "the same"? Are you sure he was 6-0 with a 2.72 era? Sure he relied on an array of pitches and not just his fastball? Sure he had a strategy and a method to the madness?  Becket threw hard, harder and hardest last year. He did not try to pitch his way out of jams. People waited for his fastball and got it. It is obvious you are sour over the fact he is 6 - 0. Sour over the fact he is showing an array of pitches and has learned how to pitch instead of trying to blow the ball by people all the time. I guess everyone around the majors who is praising this guy for developing the way he has is crazy. I guess Boston has the best pitching staff in the majors on sheer luck. Becket not an ace? I can see where this argument is going. 6 - 0 with a 2.72 era cannot be the 26 year old devleoping into a great pitcher, it has to be some kind of luck.

You can look up the splits in detail if you want, but he was 11-4 in the first three months of the year.  The reason he threw more FBs last year was because he couldn't locate his other stuff.   He hasn't learned anything new, he's just been the benefactor of having better command so far.

Who said anything about luck?  Oh, it was you making up words for me again.  What it is is called small sample size.  Beckett has shown flashes of brilliance throughout his entire career, it's just that he's never been able to sustain it.  See if he can keep his command the way it is and throw over 200 IP.  Since he's never done it, I'd say history isn't on his side.  It's funny how the numbers have a way dispelling popular baseball generalizions.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a discussion about two sox pitchers, not an argument.

[/quote]
Y

body88

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »
Dice k looked great tonight. His stuff was crisp, and he was dealing. 7 innings, 1 run, 8 strike outs.  9 -1 sox in the bottom of the ninth. Lowell, Papi, Lugo and Manny hommered. 8 hr's for the sox in the last 2 days  :o Sox are almost even with the yankees in hitting stats now.....

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
Agreed, Dice-K looked great tonight. His walks still make me nervous though. He seems to have a real issue with getting is breaking stuff over at times but overall it was an excellent performance.

Mike Lowell is having one hell of a spring, all he does is hit lately. And not singles either, doubles and homeruns. Very impressive wins the last two nights. Which we needed because we've got Halliday tomorrow night and he's a beast.

body88

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
Agreed, Dice-K looked great tonight. His walks still make me nervous though. He seems to have a real issue with getting is breaking stuff over at times but overall it was an excellent performance.

Mike Lowell is having one hell of a spring, all he does is hit lately. And not singles either, doubles and homeruns. Very impressive wins the last two nights. Which we needed because we've got Halliday tomorrow night and he's a beast.

I thought his breaking stuff looked very crisp, especially his cutter and the curve. His change did not look good tonight tho.It was not sharp. That was the pitch he gave up the one run on. Rem dog made several comments about how crisp all his breaking stuff looked, especially the curve. Rem usually never drinks the kool aid. Only pitch he was having trouble with was his change imo. His cutter and curve both looked very sharp tonight. I thought his curve was his best pitch. Splitter looked great, and his fastball was very good. A lot of movement and great location. Elevated when he needed to and hit spots with authority. I thought he was in total command most all of the night. He did walk 3 batters throughout the night, but he did not show any flashes of that meltdown he had last outing.He stayed composed and got out of the innings. You can see when he rushes out of the stretch how it effects his command. Looks like they have worked on that, and he is not letting his body get out in front of his arm. I would say 7 innings 1 run and 8 k's is a nice little bounce back outing from a tough start last time out ;) All in all a exellent start where he showed great command and executed pitches.

Agreed on Lowell, he is having a great spring. The offense is comparable to the Yankees in all hitting stats right now. Now only if we can be talking like this in july ;)

Halliday has a higher era then Wake!!!! I know, I know Halliday is a beast! Just being positive! It will be a tough night for the sox, he is a fantastic pitcher.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 09:22:12 AM »
I thought his breaking stuff looked very crisp, especially his cutter and the curve. His change did not look good tonight tho.It was not sharp. That was the pitch he gave up the one run on. Rem dog made several comments about how crisp all his breaking stuff looked, especially the curve. Rem usually never drinks the kool aid. Only pitch he was having trouble with was his change imo. His cutter and curve both looked very sharp tonight. I thought his curve was his best pitch. Splitter looked great, and his fastball was very good. A lot of movement and great location. Elevated when he needed to and hit spots with authority. I thought he was in total command most all of the night. He did walk 3 batters throughout the night, but he did not show any flashes of that meltdown he had last outing.He stayed composed and got out of the innings. You can see when he rushes out of the stretch how it effects his command. Looks like they have worked on that, and he is not letting his body get out in front of his arm. I would say 7 innings 1 run and 8 k's is a nice little bounce back outing from a tough start last time out ;) All in all a exellent start where he showed great command and executed pitches.

Agreed on Lowell, he is having a great spring. The offense is comparable to the Yankees in all hitting stats right now. Now only if we can be talking like this in july ;)

Halliday has a higher era then Wake!!!! I know, I know Halliday is a beast! Just being positive! It will be a tough night for the sox, he is a fantastic pitcher.

You're right, his breaking stuff did look great and when he's in control and can throw strikes he's impressive to say the least. I think there's a real learning curve with coming from Japanese baseball to the American League East. Nearly every team can mash nevermind the Yankees who are incredible 1-9. I'm hoping Dice-K has a 12-15 win season and learns what he needs to learn and turns into a legit. number 1 or 2 starter in the next few years. Similar to what Beckett did.

If the Red Sox continue to play great baseball and Clemens does to that rotation what we all think he's going to do then we're in for one hell of a ride this summer.

I'm heading to the game Monday against Detroit, should be fun to watch Dice-K in person. We're trying to get tickets to Sunday's game to watch Beckett go for number 8 but it's Mother's Day and there's other things on the agenda.  ;D

body88

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »
You're right, his breaking stuff did look great and when he's in control and can throw strikes he's impressive to say the least. I think there's a real learning curve with coming from Japanese baseball to the American League East. Nearly every team can mash nevermind the Yankees who are incredible 1-9. I'm hoping Dice-K has a 12-15 win season and learns what he needs to learn and turns into a legit. number 1 or 2 starter in the next few years. Similar to what Beckett did.

If the Red Sox continue to play great baseball and Clemens does to that rotation what we all think he's going to do then we're in for one hell of a ride this summer.

I'm heading to the game Monday against Detroit, should be fun to watch Dice-K in person. We're trying to get tickets to Sunday's game to watch Beckett go for number 8 but it's Mother's Day and there's other things on the agenda.  ;D

Speaking of teams that can really mash. If you check out team hitting stats the sox are comparable with the Yankees now. Sox actually have less strike outs, more home runs and a better slugging percentage. It is cool to be ranked so high in both pitching and hitting. The offense has really come alive. This should be a great summer. I have not been to fenway yet this season, so make sure you drink a few for me when you go see Dice pitch  ;)

body88

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 05:28:17 PM »
we've got Halliday tomorrow night and he's a beast.

I tuned in after the gym and it was already 8 - 0 Red Sox in the Bottom of the fourth. Halliday got  rocked. Which is obv not a common occurrence. I was shocked it was 8-0 so early. Wake is really putting it to em. 17 straight retired jays so far heading into the top of he 7th. All the talk about the jays leaving the dome open to effect Wakes knuckle does not seem to be working ;) Just kidding I know it is a nice night in Toronto.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 07:13:29 PM »
I tuned in after the gym and it was already 8 - 0 Red Sox in the Bottom of the fourth. Halliday got  rocked. Which is obv not a common occurrence. I was shocked it was 8-0 so early. Wake is really putting it to em. 17 straight retired jays so far heading into the top of he 7th. All the talk about the jays leaving the dome open to effect Wakes knuckle does not seem to be working ;) Just kidding I know it is a nice night in Toronto.

I'm happy to say I couldn't have been more wrong for worrying about the game tonight. It's a little shocking to see Halladay beat up like that but I'll get over it.  ;D

BTW, what the HELL got into Wake this year? He's friggin leading the AL in ERA and if he'd gotten any run support earlier in the season he'd probably be undefeated. His ball is DANCING. This pitching staff has been absolutely incredible and the offense is mashing. It's fun to watch.

body88

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
I'm happy to say I couldn't have been more wrong for worrying about the game tonight. It's a little shocking to see Halladay beat up like that but I'll get over it.  ;D

BTW, what the HELL got into Wake this year? He's friggin leading the AL in ERA and if he'd gotten any run support earlier in the season he'd probably be undefeated. His ball is DANCING. This pitching staff has been absolutely incredible and the offense is mashing. It's fun to watch.

Sox are the best team in baseball right now. I am not getting ahead of myself because I know the season is only 20 percent done, but you have to give them props for what they have done so far. Very fun to watch. Hopefully they can continue to play this way. The brewers have one more win (24 -10) to the sox (23 - 10) , but the Sox play in the hardest division in baseball. I am not taking anything away from the brewers, they are a very good toung team. They are a very good team period. They do play in a weak division tho.

I know it is still pretty early and things can change, but credit where credit is due. Wake came into spring training in great condition. Looks like it is really paying off.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 11:59:49 AM »
Sox are the best team in baseball right now. I am not getting ahead of myself because I know the season is only 20 percent done, but you have to give them props for what they have done so far.

The sox are an absolute machine right now, doing everything right on both sides of the ball.  Very dangerous.
Y

body88

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »
The sox are an absolute machine right now, doing everything right on both sides of the ball.  Very dangerous.

They are playing some serious ball right now. Hopefully I can talk like this in July. Anything can happen with injuries and such, so I am going to remain humble about it.

The Yankees will be back, and there is still a lot of season left so I am not even thinking of the future right now.