Author Topic: Two of Getbig's Finest  (Read 4737 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Two of Getbig's Finest
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 08:54:43 AM »
"HA! They ARE square! But how did they teach the sponge to talk?"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 08:59:33 AM »
I'm around 265-70....

Trying to slim it down for the season and some shoots....

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
I'm around 265-70....

Trying to slim it down for the season and some shoots....
A question,still you do squat?
If you do,can you tell me the pountage and reps in your heviest set?
I am asking you seriously. Not for bashing like others.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 09:10:24 AM »
"HA! They ARE square! But how did they teach the sponge to talk?"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 09:12:48 AM »
Bob hasnt squatted in a long time....
L

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 09:13:41 AM »
Bob hasnt squatted in a long time....
Thanx. Because of injure?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 09:15:04 AM »
Thanx. Because of injure?
Watch 'War for the Worlds' ...(plug for Bob) .....
L

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 09:17:26 AM »

Havent done any squats since I had spinal fusion surgery back in 1998....leg press, extensions, lunges, hacks, lying press....

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 09:26:28 AM »
Havent done any squats since I had spinal fusion surgery back in 1998....leg press, extensions, lunges, hacks, lying press....
Mmm You won against Paco without Squat. Thats interesting.
If that incident didnt happen to you,still would you use as a mass building main exercise?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007, 09:47:23 AM »
Mmm You won against Paco without Squat. Thats interesting.
If that incident didnt happen to you,still would you use as a mass building main exercise?

I beat Paco because I had a better physique...he is very muscular, but flows together like machinery.

If I never injured my back, I would have continued squatting...but placed in lower in the order, as I believe (and believed then) that squats are fine, but I always liked the hack squat and front squat as a better builder.

MEATHEAD18

• Getbig I
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2007, 06:19:54 PM »
I beat Paco because I had a better physique...he is very muscular, but flows together like machinery.

If I never injured my back, I would have continued squatting...but placed in lower in the order, as I believe (and believed then) that squats are fine, but I always liked the hack squat and front squat as a better builder.

Q: Bob your legs are always of great quality. Do you think squats would have made them better?  (Most likly more muscular but not necissarilly BETTER)..I personally think they always are in nice proportion with your upperbody.... Essentially IMO..they would have slightly thrown off your nice on-stage symmetry. You thoughts?

Also, I'm new to this forum, but I'm aware that you plan on continuing to publicise bb.com (shoots, campaigns).  With that, do you plan on competing any more in the future?  If so it would be nice to see you on stage, if not you had a great run!  (I was at the masters and it was IMO your best showing OVERALL, and it would make for a great, final, memory before you "hang the trunks".)

Also, I was at the olympia, and you and Shawn did a fine job.  My only complaint would be to improve the competitors' awareness of where to stand, I know thats tuff, but making it better would simply increase the "flow". 

Best of luck in the '07 campaign work for bb.com, future plans (competing? hosting?), and....parenting!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2007, 06:55:02 PM »
Q: Bob your legs are always of great quality. Do you think squats would have made them better?  (Most likly more muscular but not necissarilly BETTER)..I personally think they always are in nice proportion with your upperbody.... Essentially IMO..they would have slightly thrown off your nice on-stage symmetry. You thoughts?

Also, I'm new to this forum, but I'm aware that you plan on continuing to publicise bb.com (shoots, campaigns).  With that, do you plan on competing any more in the future?  If so it would be nice to see you on stage, if not you had a great run!  (I was at the masters and it was IMO your best showing OVERALL, and it would make for a great, final, memory before you "hang the trunks".)

Also, I was at the olympia, and you and Shawn did a fine job.  My only complaint would be to improve the competitors' awareness of where to stand, I know thats tuff, but making it better would simply increase the "flow". 

Best of luck in the '07 campaign work for bb.com, future plans (competing? hosting?), and....parenting!!

A. Squats DID make them better...I used squats and presses as my base for building for many years before having to give them up. Before the surgery, I had already reduced their importance in my training as I thought they built my ass to much, thus taking away from the look and size of the thighs.

Don't know about competing again..I would have defended the title this year, but no one picked up the show to promote...or the Masters O either...just not enough return. Going on the regular circuit doesn't make much sense at this point either, as I'm already commited to hosting the Olympia...so qualifying isn't an insentive, and I make more money than most of the guys competing with my MC/hosting duties over the O weekend.

As Pro BB is always a means to an end...most guys compete to secure contracts, gain notoriety, magazine exposure, etc....as I've achieved all of those things over the term of my short pro career..it's time to focus on the business of BB and let the young guns try and make their mark on the sport...

Thanks for the props on the Olympia....were always looking to improve the quality, I think Robin Chang and crew have done a great job over the last few years, and were always tightening things up to bring a better, more concise production to the fans...

Thanks for a refreshing post with legitimate questions and comments..

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2007, 07:09:14 PM »
"So this is the PDI" ;D

bigwrxguy

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2007, 09:10:22 PM »
I'll agree with the ass comment, when I was squating huge all the time my ass got massive.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2007, 09:12:14 PM »
I had a training partner like that...name was Hugh Jass. ;D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2007, 09:15:12 PM »
Watching an NFL clip on monitor...

"Now those are real athletes!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHA, RON.....

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 06:43:04 PM »
:)
Addicted to the Steal

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »

"GODDAMIT!  I told Avidan to ban Goatboy!  Why is he still there posting photoshops that make me look stupid(er)?"
Ron: "I am lazy."