Author Topic: US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday  (Read 1637 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday
« on: April 06, 2007, 01:11:45 AM »
'US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday'
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF AND AP

The United States will be ready to launch a missile attack on Iran's nuclear facilities as soon as early this month, perhaps "from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6," according to reports in the Russian media on Saturday.

According to Russian intelligence sources, the reports said, the US has devised a plan to attack several targets in Iran, and an assault could be carried out by launching missiles from fighter jets and warships stationed in the Persian Gulf.

Russian news agency RIA Novosti quoted a security official as saying, "Russian intelligence has information that the US Armed Forces stationed in the Persian Gulf have nearly completed preparations for a missile strike against Iranian territory."

The Russian Defense Ministry rejected the claims of an imminent attack as "myths." There was no immediate response from Washington.

The reports come as the Iranian chief of staff, Hassan Fayrouz Abadi, was quoted on Saturday by Iran's Fars news agency warning leaders of Arab countries that Israel plans to open a "suicidal attack" on its neighbors this summer, to "prevent the withdrawal of the US troops from Iraq and the area."

"I warn the dear leaders and Muslim brothers in the neighboring countries of the occupied territories that this suicidal attack of the Zionists is threatening them," he said.

The countries in danger, he said, were "Lebanon and Syria, and later Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia."

Also on Saturday, Russia urged Britain and Teheran to resolve the dispute over 15 British sailors and marines captured by Iran last week, a local news agency reported.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mikhail Kamynin urged the two sides to provide the United Nations with their own assessments as to what happened and where exactly the detention occurred so that the body could conduct an independent probe.

"We hope these actions will provide a foundation for the soonest possible resolution of the crisis," Kamynin was quoted as saying by the Interfax news agency.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad insisted that the captured British sailors and marines trespassed in Iranian waters and called world powers "arrogant" for failing to apologize, the country's official news agency reported.

"The British occupier forces did trespass our waters. Our border guards detained them with skill and bravery. But arrogant powers, because of their arrogant and selfish spirit, are claiming otherwise," IRNA quoted Ahmadinejad as saying during a speech in the southeastern city of Andinmeshk.

The European Union grappled with a double bind over Iran Saturday - the country's nuclear program and its seizure of the British troops - and reported no progress on either issue.

A debate about Iran's nuclear ambitions had been scheduled as a key agenda item but "was overshadowed to a certain extent by the issue of the sailors and marines," German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said after hosting a two-day EU foreign ministers meeting in Bremen, Germany.

The Foreign Ministry in Iran dismissed the EU's "biased and meddlesome" comments on the captured troops, saying the dispute solely involved the governments of Iran and Britain.

Speaking to reporters in Bremen, British Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett urged Iran to resolve the crisis over the military personnel peacefully, saying London remains open to dialogue.

"We encourage Iran to peacefully resolve this issue," she said.

"We continue to express our willingness to engage in dialogue and discussions with Iran," she added. "That is very much in the best interest of our people and that is our foremost concern."

"I think everyone regrets that this position has arisen," she said. "What we want is a way out of it."

AP contributed to this report.
w

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Re: US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 05:05:15 AM »
In other news, japan to land a spacecraft on Jupiter.

A dog in Mississippi found to be the first talking dog, complains his food is tasting funny.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 07:23:49 AM »
Well its Good Friday......and ........................ ...............NUTHING ::)
L

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 09:36:45 AM »
normally i dont eat meat on good friday but if this happens i will eat have to cook up a nice big pig roast and invite my persian neighbors over....

jk
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 09:43:50 AM »
If the hostages are finally released unharmed, it will have a lot more to do with the presence of two American carrier groups off the Iranian coast than anything Blair is doing - and the British will have learned that what they really lost when they gave up their fleet and abandoned the fight in Iraq is their own self-respect.
Valhalla awaits.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 10:19:01 AM »
Well its Good Friday......and ........................ ...............NUTHING ::)

lol.  There's still daylight.  lol.  You can always count on getbig for exclusive breaking news, including top secret military missions. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 10:20:47 AM »
I know the CIA uses it. Morning Beach hope the weather is fine..we're having a cold snap..28 friggen degrees in KC.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 10:31:23 AM »
I know the CIA uses it. Morning Beach hope the weather is fine..we're having a cold snap..28 friggen degrees in KC.

The CIA is all over the media.  In fact, the CIA controls the media.  I learned that right here on getbig.com.   :)

Twenty-eight degrees!  Well, at least it ain't the desert.   :)  We're in the middle of a "cold front," Hawaiian style:  dropped to the low 60s at night.  You have no idea how cold that can be.   :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 11:02:25 AM »
Yeah thats cold if its in the 80's all the time.
L

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 05:26:22 PM »
I think the CT ers are going to predict an attack everday from now on, so when it does happen they can tell us they predicted it.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »
I think the CT ers are going to predict an attack everday from now on, so when it does happen they can tell us they predicted it.

LOL

Only reason it's not happening is because the American people just wont buy it this time around.  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 01:16:21 PM »
LOL

Only reason it's not happening is because the American people just wont buy it this time around.  ;)

The UK prisoner deal didn't work like it was supposed to. 

My guess is that those solders were supposed to get wasted to justify an attack. 

They were captured when, march 22nd?  The war plan (leaked by Russia in early jan) called for a Mar 28 attack.  That would have been plenty of time to get sympathy up in both countries while prepping the final stages (remember the masses of men/carriers on their border for the last 2 weeks, waiting?)

Maybe those soldiers were ordered to shoot at the SIX Iranian ships which they were led to, and they bitched out, who knows.  There HAS to be a reason they were abandoned with no ship coverage.  Maybe they knew the score and perhaps preferred to be coddled by iran than sacrificed by their own country in a Gulf of Tonken 2 false flag.

*IF* they had been killed, a mar 28 attack date would have been perfect.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 07:58:32 PM »

Tell me about it. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 08:29:21 PM »

Why do they call it 'Good Friday'?

Wasn't Jesus killed on Thursday?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »
I swear some of you guys are illiterate to some degree. I mean you can read, ...but you have no comprehension

It did not say the "US WILL STRIKE IRAN", ...it said the US will be ready to strike.

That means they will have all their ducks in a row, all the personnel, preparations will be in place etc for the President to say "GO", and make use of that provision to start yet another illegal war of aggression in under an hour.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »
I swear some of you guys are illiterate to some degree. I mean you can read, ...but you have no comprehension

It did not say the "US WILL STRIKE IRAN", ...it said the US will be ready to strike.

That means they will have all their ducks in a row, all the personnel, preparations will be in place etc for the President to say "GO", and make use of that provision to start yet another illegal war of aggression in under an hour.

Another getbig.com top secret military exclusive.