Author Topic: What charitable animal funds do you guys give to?  (Read 9032 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
What charitable animal funds do you guys give to?
« on: April 06, 2007, 04:19:08 AM »
I think it is important to help these organizations and we as compasionate animal lovers can help by giving what they can or volunteering.  Here are a few  8)

http://peta.org/

http://www.hsus.org/The-Humane-Society-of-the-United-States.html

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Re: What charitable animal funds do you guys give to?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 08:10:25 AM »
I volunteer my free time to The Haven No Kill Animal Shelter
You Can't Do It!!!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 11:01:09 AM »
PETA wants all animals, even domesticated, ones to be "free". They would set animals unable to fend for themselves loose.

They have brought to light a few atrocities, but they have made themselves disrespected by the majority of animal advocate groups.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »
PETA wants all animals, even domesticated, ones to be "free". They would set animals unable to fend for themselves loose.

They have brought to light a few atrocities, but they have made themselves disrespected by the majority of animal advocate groups.

I don't agree with most of PETA's radical views and protests...
You Can't Do It!!!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 12:31:34 PM »
I think it is important to help these organizations and we as compasionate animal lovers can help by giving what they can or volunteering.  Here are a few  8)

http://peta.org/

http://www.hsus.org/The-Humane-Society-of-the-United-States.html

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

homeless people > ANY animal

sorry ..

i'd rather feed a human first..
carpe` vaginum!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 01:59:25 PM »

This is not true, they are for humane euthinasia for un-adoptable pets.  They are against no-kill shelters.  Who else is educating people about this stuff and opening your eyes?

I don't agree with most of PETA's radical views and protests...

"Radical veiws" about compassion towards animals who cant help themselves?

Very diisapointed about these responses   :(

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 02:33:15 PM »
This is not true, they are for humane euthinasia for un-adoptable pets.  They are against no-kill shelters.  Who else is educating people about this stuff and opening your eyes?

"Radical veiws" about compassion towards animals who cant help themselves?

Very diisapointed about these responses   :(

The reason I say radical views & protests is due to the organizations need of jumping in the spot light the minute they feel celebrities may or may not be exploiting animals...PETA does do some really great things, but as far as the organizations need to be in the lime light gives PETA a bad reputation and some of the extremes they go to demonstrate rights for animals is ridiculous...They sometimes jump to questionable conclusions as fast as GLAD does when it comes to getting publicity....I love animals to death, but I am not in it for the publicity and PETA comes off in that light way to often...
You Can't Do It!!!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 03:06:10 PM »
http://www.petakillsanimals.com

1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.

2) Despite its constant moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 14,400 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2005, PETA put to death over 90 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.

3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, often waiting outside their schools to intercept them as they walk to and from class-without notifying parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: “Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”

5) PETA has used a related organization, the PETA Foundation, to fund the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a deceptive animal rights group that promotes itself as an unbiased source of medical and nutritional information. PCRM's president also serves as president of the PETA Foundation.

6) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.

7) PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, because they support animal-based research that might uncover cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases. PETA president Ingrid Newkirk has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.”

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 04:55:02 PM »
http://www.petakillsanimals.com

1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.

2) Despite its constant moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 14,400 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2005, PETA put to death over 90 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.

3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, often waiting outside their schools to intercept them as they walk to and from class-without notifying parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: “Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”

5) PETA has used a related organization, the PETA Foundation, to fund the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a deceptive animal rights group that promotes itself as an unbiased source of medical and nutritional information. PCRM's president also serves as president of the PETA Foundation.

6) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.

7) PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, because they support animal-based research that might uncover cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases. PETA president Ingrid Newkirk has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.”

And your point about evil PETA is?  They are against much of that cause it is cruel, there is way too much animal testing and it is horrible.  I really dont see how you can hate on em for what they do.  They are just sticking up for the helpless animals.  Because they try and teach compassion to children it's a bad thing??  The world needs more of it.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »
And your point about evil PETA is?  They are against much of that cause it is cruel, there is way too much animal testing and it is horrible.  I really dont see how you can hate on em for what they do.  They are just sticking up for the helpless animals.  Because they try and teach compassion to children is a bad thing??  The world needs more of it.

I agree with some of what they stand for but people should not have pets in any way shape or form? Not even a seeing eye dog? If they had their way everyone would be forced to just open up their doors and kick all their animal companions out into the street.  To them it would be better for them to starve or die some other way than to have to be a loved pet. 

And there tactics leave a lot to be desired.    Telling kids that their mommy kills animals?!?

"And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

You agree with those tactics?

Do you agree with their 90% kill rate of animals they have collected? 

PETA is an extremist group, and they are what give other animal right groups a bad name in a lot of peoples eyes.  They and their borderline terroristic tactics make other rational animal groups lose support.

PETA does more harm than good for animals.   

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »
And your point about evil PETA is?  They are against much of that cause it is cruel, there is way too much animal testing and it is horrible.  I really dont see how you can hate on em for what they do.  They are just sticking up for the helpless animals.  Because they try and teach compassion to children it's a bad thing??  The world needs more of it.

You have to take into consideration how they are going about it....Does it make it okay to educate our children through fear tactics and a extreme outlook on animal rights??? Next thing ya know you will be saying terrorism for animal rights will be justified right???(I know this is an extreme idea, but I really think PETA would do it if they were given the right to) *On a side note: Are you a vegetarian Luv2Hurt???
You Can't Do It!!!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 05:10:58 PM »
You have to take into consideration how they are going about it....Does it make it okay to educate our children through fear tactics and a extreme outlook on animal rights??? Next thing ya know you will be saying terrorism for animal rights will be justified right???(I know this is an extreme idea, but I really think PETA would do it if they were given the right to) *On a side note: Are you a vegetarian Luv2Hurt???

PETA already does justify terrorism:

And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 05:12:36 PM »
I agree with some of what they stand for but people should not have pets in any way shape or form? Not even a seeing eye dog? If they had their way everyone would be forced to just open up their doors and kick all their animal companions out into the street.  To them it would be better for them to starve or die some other way than to have to be a loved pet. 

And there tactics leave a lot to be desired.    Telling kids that their mommy kills animals?!?

"And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

You agree with those tactics?

Do you agree with their 90% kill rate of animals they have collected? 

PETA is an extremist group, and they are what give other animal right groups a bad name in a lot of peoples eyes.  They and their borderline terroristic tactics make other rational animal groups lose support.

PETA does more harm than good for animals.   

Sometimes action needs to be taken, look at the civil rights movement.  I agree with their tactics its not easy to try and show a different way.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 05:18:38 PM »

Peta Is a joke.............. they kill more animals .....

are you delusional?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 05:21:24 PM »
Sometimes action needs to be taken, look at the civil rights movement.  I agree with their tactics its not easy to try and show a different way.

I can't support an organization that wants to take my companions away.  I can't support an organization that would resort to violence and think that it is ok. 

I can agree with some of their statements, I don't believe animals should be used for research and it has been proven that animal experiments haven't really done shit in the way for medical advancements, and I do believe food animals should be treated humanely.   

But their bad side negates from any good they could do. 

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 08:41:16 AM »

homeless people > ANY animal

sorry ..

i'd rather feed a human first..

Are you sure?
There are alot of people i could think of who i would feed last!
Animals have never let me down...people let me down all the time.. :-\
?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 10:02:23 AM »
PETA, which should stand for: People Exterminating Terrified Animals, stated the following:

"I don't use the word "pet". I think it's specistist language. I prefer "companion animal". For one thing, we would no longer allow pet shops....eventually companion animals would be phased out, and we would return to a more symbiotic relationship, enjoyment at a distance." Ingrid Newkirk, PETA vice president, quoted in Harpers Forum Book, Jack Hitt, ed., 1989, p.223.

"Pet ownership is an absolutely abysmal situation brought about by human manipulation." Ingrid Newkirk, national director, People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Just Like Us? Toward a Nation of Animal Rights" (symposium), Harper's, Augest 1988, pg. 50.

"The cat, like the dog, must disappear.....we should cut the domestic cat free from our dominance bt neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist." John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of A Changing Ethic (Washington, D.C.: People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) 1982,pg.15.)

"The bottom line is that people don't have the right to manipulate or breed dogs and cats...If people want toys, they should buy inanimate objects. If they want companionship, they should seek it with their own kind." Ingrid Newkirk, national director, People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Animals, May/June 1993

body88

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
Sometimes action needs to be taken, look at the civil rights movement.  I agree with their tactics its not easy to try and show a different way.

Peta is a radical group with an agenda. Why do they save 3000 pets per year, yet put 15000 to sleep? I would never give them a dime of my money. They suck. There are so many better organization you can donate to. The sad part is most "peta" supporters jus watch the videos and dont research what they are all about.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 10:11:44 PM »
Are you sure?
There are alot of people i could think of who i would feed last!
Animals have never let me down...people let me down all the time.. :-\

my first friend in this country  ws a horse.."highway"...alpha horse at the UMCP stables..

i ws one shy fucker..had no friends..i ws in college at 15..and a VERY LONELY 15...and highway became my friend..

i'd sit on the fence leaning against him..i'd share my burgers with him (apparently horses aren't herbivours :-\ )..i'd share my pretzels with him..hell i'd share my gummy bears with him.. :-\  but most of all he loved bark..i'd pull off bark off trees and give him that..

ya should seen when one of the gals on the equistrean squad approached me when i ws close to the big guy..his ears would lay flat and ...well..he didn't want no one close to me when i ws around him(he'd try and bite and kick ya)..he ws like a little brother that ws really agressive and protective but whom i had to put in place with a smack on the nose once in a while.. :)

i almost got in trouble one new yrs cause at 16 i still didn't have any close friends (i used to spend hours at an end with him in the stables) and at midnight i let him out of his pen and rode him bareback...someone saw me and the dean called me but i denied it.. :-\

soo mate..i understand animals..him i considered human..more so mate..but dickens ws right..THAT way sir lies maddness..

i'd help a suffering human first..it;'d break my heart..but i would
carpe` vaginum!

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 03:03:58 AM »
I guess we are different ... ;)
?