Author Topic: stick a fork in him, he's done?  (Read 4040 times)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
stick a fork in him, he's done?
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:13:40 AM »
Do you think Ronnie has Yates-like injuries that will keep him from the O, or do you think the temptation to break Haney's record (not simply tie it) is too much of a temptation, injuries be dammed?
X

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
Re: stick a fork in him, he's done?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 10:24:46 AM »
For some reason ? Now that Jay is Mr. O.. His physique look's much better ????  But unfortunately ..Ronnie's look's horrible (in the offseason) . Jay seems to be improving..But Colemans seems to be crumbling..

It would be a damn shame if Coleman didn't save..or invest his money wisely?

I don't think he has much(competing)left in him?

RJW1966

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:35:51 AM »
Coleman is at the beginning of a downward spiral. It happens to everyone, with age comes loss of speed, endurance, flexiblity, strength etc. the dude is past his prime no matter what the nut-huggers say

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 10:49:29 AM »
Coleman is at the beginning of a downward spiral. It happens to everyone, with age comes loss of speed, endurance, flexiblity, strength etc. the dude is past his prime no matter what the nut-huggers say

he's a bber. he doesn't need any of that stuff.

MEATHEAD18

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 02:01:58 PM »
For some reason ? Now that Jay is Mr. O.. His physique look's much better ????  But unfortunately ..Ronnie's look's horrible (in the offseason) . Jay seems to be improving..But Colemans seems to be crumbling..

It would be a damn shame if Coleman didn't save..or invest his money wisely?

I don't think he has much(competing)left in him?

Agreed!  This idea is becomming more and more apparant....

Here's my view on why Ronnie's physique appears to be "dominishing" : You have a bodybuilder like Ronnie (great build, genetics).  He decides to prosue bodybuilding comming from a power training backroud.  He alters his power training slightly to adhere more towards bodybuilding, but never looses his itch to continue training heavy.  He sees great gains over the years, never stops because its like 2nd nature for him!  The rest as they say is history!
....Now time is catching up to Ronnie as he enters his later years and he's still stuck with that same EXACT mindset of training.  And in my opinion his muscles may not be responding to the power training as well as in the past (i.e. His lat, Tricep, calves w.e.).  Being a seasoned pro I believe he will make the proper adjustments...(now seeing that SOMETHING needs to change), make SLIGHT adjustments b.c. of his age , and continue along his way..I do believe he needs to make adjustments based on his age in that he needs to stop thinking heavy all the time, and rather train to prevent injury YEAR AROUND so that he may end his career on his intentions NOT his inuries!  Best of luck big Ron.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 02:15:34 PM »
If Ronnie can come in shape, i.e. no funking lat or triceps and conditioning without the bloat he can easily take Jay out. I would love to see him get one more, considering he is the best Mr. O to date.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 02:42:25 PM »

How do you explain Tony Freeman then....?????
You Can't Do It!!!

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 02:52:40 PM »
If Ronnie can come in shape, i.e. no funking lat or triceps and conditioning without the bloat he can easily take Jay out. I would love to see him get one more, considering he is the best Mr. O to date.

Sorry but the 07 Olympia was the beginning of the end of Coleman.  Jay will not lose to Coleman. 

1) Jay is way more marketable.
2) No one want's to hear Ronnies praise Jebus speach after he recovers from his collapses.
3) With his injuries, just like Dorian, he'll be lucky to train hard in the last few weeks when the calories are down.  Dorian had a couple of wins after his injuries but no one had the same conditioning as him giving him the edge.

Ronnies condition can be matched easily by Jay as it has been and exceeded by Jay in the past.  However now that he has some deformities I don't see the IFBB giving him a gift win.  Jay would have to look like  :-X to lose.  We'll see in October.  If Ronnie loses is hulkster going to kill himself?
\

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 03:12:30 PM »
Agreed!  This idea is becomming more and more apparant....

Here's my view on why Ronnie's physique appears to be "dominishing" : You have a bodybuilder like Ronnie (great build, genetics).  He decides to prosue bodybuilding comming from a power training backroud.  He alters his power training slightly to adhere more towards bodybuilding, but never looses his itch to continue training heavy.  He sees great gains over the years, never stops because its like 2nd nature for him!  The rest as they say is history!
....Now time is catching up to Ronnie as he enters his later years and he's still stuck with that same EXACT mindset of training.  And in my opinion his muscles may not be responding to the power training as well as in the past (i.e. His lat, Tricep, calves w.e.).  Being a seasoned pro I believe he will make the proper adjustments...(now seeing that SOMETHING needs to change), make SLIGHT adjustments b.c. of his age , and continue along his way..I do believe he needs to make adjustments based on his age in that he needs to stop thinking heavy all the time, and rather train to prevent injury YEAR AROUND so that he may end his career on his intentions NOT his inuries!  Best of luck big Ron.

I have to agree. ANyone who has seen his last DVD leading up to last years Olympia can see that he was not the same guy as in other DVD's.  The one thing that I couldn't get over was that his gut was huge....I don't think he took his shirt off once in the whole thing ( If I missed it, then I apologize) .....his demeanor was very mellow and subdued...he just didn't look "into it". Plus, he did look like he was nursing a lower back injury at times. His physique was nothing like it was in his 2000 and 2003 DVD's......still a huge dude....but the quality and attitude wasn't there.

Just my .02

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 03:15:40 PM »
Sorry but the 07 Olympia was the beginning of the end of Coleman.  Jay will not lose to Coleman. 

1) Jay is way more marketable.
2) No one want's to hear Ronnies praise Jebus speach after he recovers from his collapses.
3) With his injuries, just like Dorian, he'll be lucky to train hard in the last few weeks when the calories are down.  Dorian had a couple of wins after his injuries but no one had the same conditioning as him giving him the edge.

Ronnies condition can be matched easily by Jay as it has been and exceeded by Jay in the past.  However now that he has some deformities I don't see the IFBB giving him a gift win.  Jay would have to look like  :-X to lose.  We'll see in October.  If Ronnie loses is hulkster going to kill himself?

your nuts if you think any past or present form of jay has ever matched or exceeded ronnie in conditioning. jay is soft. ronnie was ripped to shreds.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
your nuts if you think any past or present form of jay has ever matched or exceeded ronnie in conditioning. jay is soft. ronnie was ripped to shreds.

This is very true...Cutler will never be able to hold a candle to the best conditioned Ronnie..Cutler's genetics won't allow it...
You Can't Do It!!!

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 03:20:11 PM »
I think that ronnie will succeed in anything he tries. He has uncanny mental strength. And we all know he hates 2nd. Geneticlly Ronnie is much more gifted then anybody else on that stage. If his body is still responding, he'll win.
-

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 03:36:44 PM »

No your wrong in 01 or 02 Jay was more shredded but gave up too much size, that is why he has been a bit soft the last couple of years trying to keep his mass up.  Ronnie's not going to beat Jay, His lat is done.  You can see it in his guest posing shots.  He's actually pretty lean for the off season which makes it noticable.  Jay would have to come in soft to lose.  A less than perfect conditioned Reigning Mr. O will can beat A better conditioned but deformed competitor.  This has happend before.
\

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 03:56:09 PM »
No your wrong in 01 or 02 Jay was more shredded but gave up too much size, that is why he has been a bit soft the last couple of years trying to keep his mass up.  Ronnie's not going to beat Jay, His lat is done.  You can see it in his guest posing shots.  He's actually pretty lean for the off season which makes it noticable.  Jay would have to come in soft to lose.  A less than perfect conditioned Reigning Mr. O will can beat A better conditioned but deformed competitor.  This has happend before.

So your saying the best Jay beats the best Ronnie past or present???....And what are you smokin???
You Can't Do It!!!

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 04:01:53 PM »
So your saying the best Jay beats the best Ronnie past or present???....And what are you smokin???

Good shit it's Friday.  And No I did not say that, Jay at his best was too small for Ronnie.  I'm talking currently and in the future.  Ronnie is done, not an Olympia caliber athlete anymore.  He should do some smaller shows like the Colorado to keep his confidence up.  His lat is seriously messed up and on the stage of the biggest show of the year, it will not be overlooked.  Jay wins hands down, Vic is going to place higher than ronnie to.  I'm not saying Jay is better, but he is a better Mr. O. 
\

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »
Good shit it's Friday.  And No I did not say that, Jay at his best was too small for Ronnie.  I'm talking currently and in the future.  Ronnie is done, not an Olympia caliber athlete anymore.  He should do some smaller shows like the Colorado to keep his confidence up.  His lat is seriously messed up and on the stage of the biggest show of the year, it will not be overlooked.  Jay wins hands down, Vic is going to place higher than ronnie to.  I'm not saying Jay is better, but he is a better Mr. O. 

As of current yes...and I too feel Big Ron should just hang it up...I still can't wait for the younger guys to develope more I really don't like Jay as Mr. O, but no one is currently better...
You Can't Do It!!!

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 04:36:43 PM »
As of current yes...and I too feel Big Ron should just hang it up...I still can't wait for the younger guys to develope more I really don't like Jay as Mr. O, but no one is currently better...

Your post reflects your moniker.
\

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 08:54:38 PM »
jay is gettin extremely wide and  he will gain muscle maturity but vic will be nipping at him.if he can keep his size and conditioning down he can can have the olympia for a few more years but no more than that.ronnies injuries are obvious in some of his off season pics his back looks a little narrow particularly in his left side.im a jay fan all the way but 4 or 5 years tops and then vic will be too much to handel. and im not a vic fan just reality.
i

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 08:59:10 PM »

someone said to me today that ronnie wants to be bigger this year at the o, if so, what a mistake!!!
are you delusional?

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 05:21:04 AM »
Do you think Ronnie has Yates-like injuries that will keep him from the O, or do you think the temptation to break Haney's record (not simply tie it) is too much of a temptation, injuries be dammed?

Yate's injuries didn't keep him from the O :D

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 05:32:39 AM »
Yes, Ronnie will not get a Gift Mr. O like Dorian, as he has a bitchy attitude.  Dorian was articulate and acted as a professional on stage.  To my knowledge he has never pulled the Praise Jesus stunt like ronnie has done at several shows.
\

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 05:59:56 AM »
Ronnie can still win, for sure.  All he needs to do is invent a time machine and bring on stage a version of himself from 5 years ago.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 06:16:14 AM »
Bingo!!! He should hook up with TA maybe he's done with the anti/hyper gravity suit and may have plans for a time machine. 
\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 08:30:27 AM »
:o

You make a valid point.

Also, many people have this ideal of the fairy tale career for top athletes - they make that final basket (Jordan against the Jazz) and leave the court on top.

however, if athletes are willing to trade a bit of their legacy and historical placement (and ego), they can still make a damn good living, and do what they enjoy, for a few years afterwards.

So Ronnie isn't #1 in the world anymore.  There's no doubt he's still one of the top 10 bodybuilders on planet earth.  He's one of the top 2 or 3 draws, absolutely.  He's more of a household name with fans than Cutler.  And when he's ON, he can still out-vascular Cutler (who really won the 2006 Dutch GP?).

By competing in 2006, he lost that undefeated veneer.  Just like heath did this year.  But in the longer run, Ronnie can compete for 4 more years, still be a top 20 bodybuilder the whole time, still make several hundred K a year, and still have fun pushing himself.

I'd say Ronnie should compete as long as he wants - history be damned.  Typically, you don't live thru history anyway, so it doesn't matter if kids are debating Ronnie vs. Jay in 2050.   

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 08:56:32 AM »
Yate's injuries didn't keep him from the O :D

The primary difference is that he'll get none of Yates' gifts; Ron can no longer win but is completely unaware of it. Weider should've realized years ago that letting the incumbent lose is a lot more interesting, hence this thread for example.