Author Topic: New Mercedes CLK 63 AMG Black Series & BMW M3 video  (Read 6059 times)

body88

Re: New Mercedes CLK 63 AMG Black Series & BMW M3
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:19:55 PM »
God I love m3's............. The new m5 is a masterpiece. I can only imagine what the new 3 will be like. Love amg's also. The real bad ass benzes are the ones tuned by brabus :o

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: New Mercedes CLK 63 AMG Black Series & BMW M3 video
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:34:23 AM »
That CLK is absolutely fucking beautiful :o
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 09:41:25 AM »
that new CLK is going to be a fast car. Kind of looks like the DTM version.

carbon fibre  :o

I love brabus to

At first I never liked Chris Bangles BMW designs but they've all grown on me. My favorite now is the  5 series/M5. This M3 should be really good.

The CLK AMG will be fast yes, but only in a straight line. Mercedes has said that they will not try to "out-M3 an M3, what is the point of having two M3's?"

So Merc AMG's will always be what they have always been, straight line rockets (luxury muscle cars)

But, I can't wait until the Lexus IS-F comes out.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 07:46:42 PM »
parker,loves those lexus's,nice rides.m3 will be hot,i like my 335..

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 04:13:05 PM »
parker,loves those lexus's,nice rides.m3 will be hot,i like my 335..

Seriously, if Lexus doesn't come out with a IS Coupe, I will trade my IS300 in and get a 335i (black) or when the 1 series coupe comes  to the US I will get it. I test drove a 335i two weeks ago and it was 8) 8).

I am thoroughly disappointed in Lexus for not matching the BMW 3 series model for model.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 06:26:22 PM »
Seriously, if Lexus doesn't come out with a IS Coupe, I will trade my IS300 in and get a 335i (black) or when the 1 series coupe comes  to the US I will get it. I test drove a 335i two weeks ago and it was 8) 8).

I am thoroughly disappointed in Lexus for not matching the BMW 3 series model for model.
performance wise it's tough,all car's now have gps,nice stereo's,rim's,color's,parker what seperate's bmw from all is that confident stiff handling dont u agree?the 335 as u know is twin turb 300 hp's and went it open's up it's gone.your're doing 90 and the car is like saying that's it,bmw's feel the best when their being opened up.it is a high perfomance car with attitude ,mercede's are a little prettier inside,but i'll take the 335 styling on exteroir and performance over any other car in it's class.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 04:23:52 PM »
performance wise it's tough,all car's now have gps,nice stereo's,rim's,color's,parker what seperate's bmw from all is that confident stiff handling dont u agree?the 335 as u know is twin turb 300 hp's and went it open's up it's gone.your're doing 90 and the car is like saying that's it,bmw's feel the best when their being opened up.it is a high perfomance car with attitude ,mercede's are a little prettier inside,but i'll take the 335 styling on exteroir and performance over any other car in it's class.

Quite true, but if you look at the review, I believe Edmunds.com, The new G37, by their accounts had out-handled the 335. The 335 flunked out after 4 laps.

body88

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 09:53:40 PM »
I still can't understand how anyone can like Asian luxury over German luxury.

Lexus will never make anything that can touch an m. They can copy and tweak until they build something that is comparable performance wise. But the car will never have soul. It will never have the style / personality the m series cars have. Only "car people" will get that, the rest will make fun of that statement. I drove the new twin turbo 3 series. It was a awesome. I drove a g, it was very nice... But it was boring IMO.... Reminds me of a slab of aluminum. Dont get me wrong, it was a nice car. Built well, nice style etc etc. Jus had no feeling to it. I thought the g was a lil under powered myself.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 02:29:02 AM »

At first I never liked Chris Bangles BMW designs but they've all grown on me. My favorite now is the  5 series/M5. This M3 should be really good.

Yeah the styling grew on me too, my favorite is the M6.

I

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 04:40:43 AM »

Well, when your German luxury is sitting on the side of the road, due to the three pointed star having some of the worst reliability ratings.

True story, I was at a rest stop in VA last summer and a older guy had a first gen Mercedes ML320,it wouldn't start. I asked him what was wrong he said, he doesn't know but he was calling  Merc Roadside Assist., I ask where he was headed, I told him I was going that way, he put the hood down, and the Merc emblem fell off, it was plastic. he said, "There is  Mercedes quality for you "

Mercedes, admitted that they had quality problems and that they will be fixed, so don't think I am biased against  German cars, Because I would dropped my car in a hot minute for an M3  (e46 or e92).

Body, since the IS-F has not been tested, I reserve my comments, but German  fans are slightly sweating considering the fact that the Lexus has 5.0 detuned version of the Daytona Prototype Lexus V8. WHich will have more torque than Audi RS4 and the M3.

body88

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 11:26:56 AM »
Well, when your German luxury is sitting on the side of the road, due to the three pointed star having some of the worst reliability ratings.

True story, I was at a rest stop in VA last summer and a older guy had a first gen Mercedes ML320,it wouldn't start. I asked him what was wrong he said, he doesn't know but he was calling  Merc Roadside Assist., I ask where he was headed, I told him I was going that way, he put the hood down, and the Merc emblem fell off, it was plastic. he said, "There is  Mercedes quality for you "

Mercedes, admitted that they had quality problems and that they will be fixed, so don't think I am biased against  German cars, Because I would dropped my car in a hot minute for an M3  (e46 or e92).

Body, since the IS-F has not been tested, I reserve my comments, but German  fans are slightly sweating considering the fact that the Lexus has 5.0 detuned version of the Daytona Prototype Lexus V8. WHich will have more torque than Audi RS4 and the M3.

Lex and co can copy and tune until they have a comparable car performance wise... But there cars will never have personality or style imo. Same goes for the rs Audis. Audi has no personality (this coming from a big fan of German cars). There cars perform well, but have nothing else to them. The Lexus isf is ugly imo. To me it looks like a cold piece of aluminum with a bunch of add on's. I think you may be overstating the "problems" certain German have. I never had any major problems when I had my m3. It was built extremely well. I loved that car for so many more reasons then how it performed. I am not knocking jap cars either, I am a fan of a few of them (looking forward to the new Supra) But just because one particular guy made a statement about an old benz does not mean that is the opinion of all those who drive mercs. How do you know the history of the car? Not to mention you admitted it was an old generation ml. I have found merc's to be built extremely well. The new ones especially. The amg's are among the finest quality cars I have ever seen. Give me a beemer any day. Fantastic automobiles.

Look at this picture of the lexus isf. To me it looks like a plain old boring lexus, with a body kit and a few add on's. Look how they flat out copied bwm's "shark fin antenna" first seen on the 7 series, and now used on the new three series coupe. The lexas has no personality, and is far from beautiful IMO. It may perform on par with a m3, but that is about it. I will take the performance, personality, and style of the m, or the amg with my hard earned cash. At the end of the day all the isf proves is that if you tune and copy, you can get a car that is on par with the original class leader. But you cannot copy style,personality, and soul. It may be reliable and fast, but it is very boring and ordinary IMO. I am not a fan of the way the car sits on the tires. Look at the rear end. Just my opinion of course since this is all highly subjective.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 11:56:47 AM »
I don't like the IS-F side scoop, they should have done it like the F40 or  Enzo's and made it vertical. I like the stacked exhausts, it gives the car personality. I wish Lexus would make a coupe version to go against the 2008 m3 coupe, (the 4 door IS-F should go against the Audi RS4 and m3 4 door).

I kinda disappointed in the IS-F looks...I hope it delivers....If not it is the M3 for me.....

As far as german cars, there was big concern and write up's about the falling star of Mercedes. Their cars, particularly the prev gen S-class had reliability and quality problems. In a press conference back in 2004-5, the Prez of DaimlerChryler siad those quality problems would be rectified by 2006.

Problem is (supposedly, I'm going from memory from an article from Automobile Magazine 2004-5 ) that with Benz and BMW all the electronics are left for the dealships to sort out, not the egineers. I think there is someone who works for  BMW, that posts on here, if they could correct me if I am wrong.

Body, was your M3 a E30, E36, or a E46? Did you you get rid of it, if so why? Because they are collector's items.

body88

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 12:21:32 PM »
I don't like the IS-F side scoop, they should have done it like the F40 or  Enzo's and made it vertical. I like the stacked exhausts, it gives the car personality. I wish Lexus would make a coupe version to go against the 2008 m3 coupe, (the 4 door IS-F should go against the Audi RS4 and m3 4 door).

I kinda disappointed in the IS-F looks...I hope it delivers....If not it is the M3 for me.....

As far as german cars, there was big concern and write up's about the falling star of Mercedes. Their cars, particularly the prev gen S-class had reliability and quality problems. In a press conference back in 2004-5, the Prez of DaimlerChryler siad those quality problems would be rectified by 2006.

Problem is (supposedly, I'm going from memory from an article from Automobile Magazine 2004-5 ) that with Benz and BMW all the electronics are left for the dealships to sort out, not the egineers. I think there is someone who works for  BMW, that posts on here, if they could correct me if I am wrong.

Body, was your M3 a E30, E36, or a E46? Did you you get rid of it, if so why? Because they are collector's items.

2003 E46. I got rid of it because I am a fool  :-\  As much as I loved the car, it was AWFUL in the snow we get out here. At the time I was not in the position to purchase a second car for the winter months.

Btw my post was not a dig against jap cars.  The ONLY thing holding cars like the isf back is the personality factor.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 03:35:16 PM »

2003 E46. I got rid of it because I am a fool  :-\  As much as I loved the car, it was AWFUL in the snow we get out here. At the time I was not in the position to purchase a second car for the winter months.

Btw my post was not a dig against jap cars.  The ONLY thing holding cars like the isf back is the personality factor.

Damn, Body, IF only I had my car and an the E46 M3 I would be set. I could car less about exotics. A friend of mine has a E36 M3, and is getting a E46 as well (I'm trying to convince the mofo that he doesn't need the E36 and give it to me). He had a Bimmer mag on his counter and someone stated that they lived in "a snowy state" don't know which one, but with snow tires, they got along fine. ???

I agree with you on the personality bit. The Lexus dealership is no more than 5 minute from my house, and I shoot the breeze with Service assocs., and they have voice disproval of the way Lexus has handle the IS350 (no stick--only in the Is250---WTF) and IS-F ( a 8 speed transmission, and that silly side scoop).

But the reivised LF-A concept at this yrs Detroit Auto Show, shows that Lexus is trying to have more emotion and passion in their cars.

I beleive that competition improves the breed, so the IS-F, the RS4 and the C63 AMG all are worthy competitors to the M3 and have made it better.  But I miss the straight six :'(

MB_722, Realized what your name meant. You're referencing the Merc-Mclaren SLR 722 edition. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 08:19:06 PM »
e36 was a nice m3 good styling,and 240 hp and with a little dinan kick it'l go faster,e46 was a great seller as all 3 series are,e90 new generation is good solid car ,parker as u stated u enjoyed the 335 i said it was a great car to have,hope u get one,i had a 525i last year very nice a lil slow but once the car picked up it moved nicely,i still love the 335 better i don't miss ths 5 now.i had nissan's for long time altima 3.5 with tremendous tourqe steer,and 99 maxima which was great car,but bmw make's u very spoiled.......

body88

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 09:54:31 PM »
Why you guys making me wanna shell out teh $$$$$$$$$ for a new M  >:( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-X

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 02:19:03 AM »
Why you guys making me wanna shell out teh $$$$$$$$$ for a new M  >:( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-X

Cause they are badass!!!!!!!!!

I

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 03:27:09 AM »
I just took my 1939 770k Cabriolet in for its 13000 mile service.

8)
S

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 03:31:19 AM »
I just took my 1939 770k Cabriolet in for its 13000 mile service.

8)

Is that the Hitler edition :o ???
I

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 04:45:17 AM »

At least 70K >:( >:(. Check the 6 min M3 video that I put up. Man if you get that, you should Mod for life :D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 11:38:44 AM »
Mercedes no longer makes particularly reliable cars, which makes it much much closer. They have only themselves to blame; it's inexcusable in fact, given today's manufacturing. A major failing that car people are the first to understand the importance of.

BMW & Porche are examples of others that don't seem to have the same degree of quality control problems.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 11:40:05 AM »

Because Mercedes' reliability isn't what it used to be, a serious downside especially given their history and today's manufacturing methods. Levels the playing field even while the euro cars are sexier. :-*

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 01:37:16 PM »
i don't disagree with their reliability before but MB has become better.
Anything before 99 is good.

have you ever felt the handling of an asian car. American cars to. I can't get used to it.

Body88 said it quite well.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 04:11:59 PM »
i don't disagree with their reliability before but MB has become better.
Anything before 99 is good.

have you ever felt the handling of an asian car. American cars to. I can't get used to it.

Body88 said it quite well.

Well, A Acura RL handles different from a TSX (a Euro Honda Accord)---which handles like whoa!!!
Now I have read in Automobile mag, Road and Track, Car and Driver, and Car magazine that the IS300 handling rivals and in some instances surpasses the E46 330Ci, I don't know for sure, because i never drove a 330Ci and compared it to my car, in terms of handling.

But for the most part I agree with you. Asian cars tend to be boring, efficient, reliable cars.
American cars, now....no comment. Ford should have taken the 39 Million that they just gave the CEO and spent that on making decent cars.