Author Topic: spoiler results: Georges "Rush" St-Pierre vs Matt Serra WOW  (Read 3652 times)

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
spoiler results: Georges "Rush" St-Pierre vs Matt Serra WOW
« on: April 07, 2007, 09:34:13 PM »
Round 1:   A couple kicks by St-Pierre....They trade punches...Serra with a leg kick...They trade punches,,,nice right hand by Serra. Missed high kick by St-Pieere/ Serra gets him down with some punches..they get up ..Serra buckles St-Pierre with some good blows..Serra gets him on the ground and throws a variety of punches and bombs on his chin,,,Fight is stopped....Serra wins the welterweight belt.

Round 1:  3:25  winner tko  New champion welterweight,,,Matt serra

micky55024

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: spoiler results: Georges "Rush" St-Pierre vs Matt Serra WOW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 10:30:29 PM »
Ole Georgie must still be thinking about Rachelle from his All Access show.  I can't believe Serra beat him!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:32:44 AM »
i just heard about the fight somewhere else..i cant fukikin believe serra won  >:(

did he just get lucky or did he dominate?

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 12:58:40 AM »
GSP looked disinterested while in the ring.  He must have seriously underestimated the Terra.  Matt used text book body shots to set up the knockdown. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 05:30:46 AM »
 :o What?  No double shot kicks to the nuts from Pierre :-\

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »
Is Serra German? GSP rolled over like a French soldier  ;D

I knew GSP was overrated but never thought Serra would beat him
RIP Bob Probert

~salmon~

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 11:38:56 AM »
:o What?  No double shot kicks to the nuts from Pierre :-\

Matt Hughes admitted in the post figh interview that the 2nd kick did not hit his nuts.  He said it hurt his leg and his just milked it to try and recover...hope that helps.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »
Matt Hughes admitted in the post figh interview that the 2nd kick did not hit his nuts.  He said it hurt his leg and his just milked it to try and recover...hope that helps.
to recover from the first nut kick? I know nobody will agree but if you slow mo those clips, it looks so intentional by GSP.  I see no sliding up the leg like they said in the fight, Matt might have milked it, but I have a hard time believing GSP didn't make those shots intentionally.  yes I do understand that I'm probably the only person who thinks this.  After slow motion examination of those shots, I just can't see it any other way.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 08:02:46 AM »
There's a weak pressure point on the upper in side leg thats why he kicked there he was trying to paralyze the leg by hitting a softer area. If u cut the artery there u will bleed to death in 4min and pass out in like 30 sec! Thats why u should never move some one with a broken upper leg with out training.
P

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 03:42:51 PM »
There's a weak pressure point on the upper in side leg thats why he kicked there he was trying to paralyze the leg by hitting a softer area. If u cut the artery there u will bleed to death in 4min and pass out in like 30 sec! Thats why u should never move some one with a broken upper leg with out training.
lol GSP was trying to kill him :P anyway if you look at the replay, GSP has his foot perfectly angled for the money, the ball of his foot was going for his balls imo.  Most certainly there was no sliding up the leg like everyone said during the fight, that never happend.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »
u angle the foot 45 degrees when u do a shin kick, it would be 90 degrees if going for nuts. And straight up ;D
Also Matt is short he's probly trainig with biger guys or ppl who are at least 5/11
P

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 02:16:24 AM »
damn should've put some money on that fight!
Z