Author Topic: Pros and training advice  (Read 10248 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Pros and training advice
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 08:51:12 AM »
damn good physique Joe.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 08:52:47 AM »
Very good physique...

And you think If you jacked up the juice, you would have been a pro? Come on bro.....

Stavios

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 08:54:14 AM »
Absolutly no offence to Joe, but why do you keep posting pics of you 15 + years ago to prove every point you make ?
why not get in shape NOW, take pictures, and use those new pictures to prove your point
the past is the past

you are still very big, you just have to diet down, it would be too easy

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 08:54:18 AM »
that front double biceps shot of Bob Chick is unreal, bodybuilding perfection.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 08:54:26 AM »
Very good physique...

And you think If you jacked up the juice, you would have been a pro? Come on bro.....

Don't know, we will never know, but there are alot of other pro's with worse genetics!

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2007, 08:56:55 AM »
Don't know, we will never know, but there are alot of other pro's with worse genetics!

Awesome physique!

and Bob you look great in the front double bi shot

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2007, 09:00:10 AM »
Very good physique...

hello bob.. i have never spoke to you personally.. i respect your physique...
but i have to ask.. this why could intenseone not be pro?
when we have guys like kamali... for example who is pro..
???
i think you are wrong here... intodays current climate of pro's...
it doesnt take any special genetics to be pro...
just lots of drugs..
i see no reason what soever why intensone juding on that pic couldnt be pro...
and a damn good one at that.
just my 2 cents
choice is an illusion

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2007, 09:01:26 AM »

seriously...you had ave. genetics at best...nothing bad, nothing great...to keep insisting you would have been a pro is ridiculous. You wouldn't have. Quit carrying that giant chip on you shoulder and accept the fact that you just didnt have what it takes....

there is no shame that you tried and failed...only in blaming lack of gear for it.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »
seriously...you had ave. genetics at best...nothing bad, nothing great...to keep insisting you would have been a pro is ridiculous. You wouldn't have. Quit carrying that giant chip on you shoulder and accept the fact that you just didnt have what it takes....

haha owned!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2007, 09:07:19 AM »
hello bob.. i have never spoke to you personally.. i respect your physique...
but i have to ask.. this why could intenseone not be pro?
when we have guys like kamali... for example who is pro..
???
i think you are wrong here... intodays current climate of pro's...
it doesnt take any special genetics to be pro...
just lots of drugs..
i see no reason what soever why intensone juding on that pic couldnt be pro...
and a damn good one at that.
just my 2 cents

Well...lets assume everyone at the national level is taking gear...it's a level playing field. What do you think seperates the winners from the losers?

Gear doesnt give you a small waist, or broad shoulders, or sweeping thighs...or great symmetry.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2007, 09:08:40 AM »

Well...lets assume everyone at the national level is taking gear...it's a level playing field. What do you think seperates the winners from the losers?

Gear doesnt give you a small waist, or broad shoulders, or sweeping thighs...or great symmetry.

what about guys like kamily or kavacas? Their wastes are the size of their shoulders?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2007, 09:19:08 AM »
what about guys like kamily or kavacas? Their wastes are the size of their shoulders?

kovacs had a much better physique when he was an amateur...if anything he showed exactly waht MORE gear does to a physique....he also turned pro via the Canadian route...if he had to win the Nats or the USA, he would still be an amateur.

King had a small waist...it only got bigger after the fact...the bigger he got, bigger the waist gets, not unlike anyone else. Notice how much better he looked as the season went on last year, and he dropped down.

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 09:34:36 AM »
kovacs had a much better physique when he was an amateur...if anything he showed exactly waht MORE gear does to a physique....he also turned pro via the Canadian route...if he had to win the Nats or the USA, he would still be an amateur.

King had a small waist...it only got bigger after the fact...the bigger he got, bigger the waist gets, not unlike anyone else. Notice how much better he looked as the season went on last year, and he dropped down.

so what's your point? you saying that it's easy turning pro in Canada?
Not too many USA and Nationals winners went on to make a big splash these last few years...
Chris (the bodybuilding drop-out) Cook
Capriese (never did anything ) Murray
Richard (alot of hype ) Jones
Jason Arntz
Derik Farnsworth
Garett Downing
get the point??
the list goes on and on... If the nationals are so "tough" then clearly these past guys, who all got their pro-cards from there, should be top-pro's right?  ::)
PS- i'm not defending Kovacs, he's a monstrosity,
just dont diss Canadian Nationals like it's an easy way to turn pro, because its not.
1 or 2 pro-cards every YEAR, thats it!

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 09:41:14 AM »
No...when you have great GENETICS...anything works.

When you have mediocre genetics..like you do..even the gear won't get you to the pro's. You still havent figured it out yet, huh?

If that's the conclusion you get,after over 25 years in b.b,
you are living in brutal denial .

Woooshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2007, 09:41:57 AM »
why not get in shape NOW, take pictures, and use those new pictures to prove your point
the past is the past

you are still very big, you just have to diet down, it would be too easy

I have no desire to get into that kind of shape just to prove a point, it's more difficult than you realize.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2007, 09:42:27 AM »
If that's the conclusion you get,after over 25 years in b.b,
you are living in brutal denial .

Woooshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Speaking of denial, how are you sure of this?

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2007, 09:43:28 AM »

thanks for the answer I agree

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2007, 09:47:43 AM »
so what's your point? you saying that it's easy turning pro in Canada?
Not too many USA and Nationals winners went on to make a big splash these last few years...
Chris (the bodybuilding drop-out) Cook
Capriese (never did anything ) Murray
Richard (alot of hype ) Jones
Jason Arntz
Derik Farnsworth
Garett Downing
get the point??
the list goes on and on... If the nationals are so "tough" then clearly these past guys, who all got their pro-cards from there, should be top-pro's right?  ::)
PS- i'm not defending Kovacs, he's a monstrosity,
just dont diss Canadian Nationals like it's an easy way to turn pro, because its not.
1 or 2 pro-cards every YEAR, thats it!

Nobody is "dissing" Canadian BB....but to compare the level to that of the USA's or Nationals is ludicrous. BTW...you mention a few names, but fail to realize we have a lot MORE pro's...there are only so many "best in the world" so numbers wise, of course they'll be more names to NOT make it.

name me the last pro to come out of Canada that has done anything of significance?

Here's a few names for you:

Phil Heath
Toney Freeman
Johnny Jackson
Branch Warren
Mark Dugdale
Desmond Miller
etc
etc

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2007, 09:50:32 AM »

there is no shame that you tried and failed...only in blaming lack of gear for it.

I think you missed my point, I know full and well I have just average genetics and I have flaws just like everyone else and I am not blaming it on the gear (or lack there of) I blame most of on lack of desire rather than lack of gear, and if I were to have turned pro during that time, it would have been in the lower classes more than likely as a middleweight, but if I were to compete now I would probably be at the top of the Lt.Hvys or low end on the Heavies.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2007, 10:12:58 AM »
ill say one sentence about the subject

in general,,a guy with  the potentilal to become a pro will look jacked before he gets on hormones,,i noticed in usa that you like to laugh at the ymca,,,but if you notice those christian boys there,, some of them got a natural physiqe that have the potential to go far,,i have been to coulple ymcas in the usa and i always find good % of guys there to have very good natural phsyiqe,,dont know why,,guess the body is their temple :D

wait this is more then one sentence,,but we all know me and english are no friends ;)
fallen angel

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2007, 10:17:41 AM »

in general,,a guy with  the potentilal to become a pro will look jacked before he gets on hormones,,i noticed in usa that you like to laugh at the ymca,,,but if you notice those christian boys there,, some of them got a natural physiqe that have the potential to go far,,i have been to coulple ymcas in the usa and i always find good % of guys there to have very good natural phsyiqe,,dont know why,,guess the body is their temple :D

wait this is more then one sentence,,but we all know me and english are no friends ;)

Huh :-\??

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »

You protest too much, methinks.  ;)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2007, 10:22:13 AM »
Speaking of denial, how are you sure of this?

1- Read the question that started this topic.

The Advice of the Pro is to train with proper form in mags and dvd's....yet when you see them train they show u otherwise...
Drug is the factor!! they can quit the drug and train "Smarter" and eat "healthy" yet they will look like shit in a matter of weeks.

2- If youre a bb on drugs competing for over 5-6 years and don't get your pro card you have crappy genetics.
plain and simple!
look at guys like Gaspari,Flex Wheler,Padilla,Haney,Paris,Robinson,Levrone,Shawn Ray,Oliva,Arnold,Labrada, etc,most of this bbers became pro In a shorter period of 5 years of trying while on the "sauce".

When you see guys competing for over 7,8 or even 10 years and still not getting  Pro status Its clear they are far from "genetic material" so when these  "perseverant folks" keep going after that long period of time i'd say it's a matter of Drug and desire but not genetics...because the potential is just not there.

woshhhhhhhhhhh

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »

agreed.... but intenseone does have a small waiste in those pictures...
chris cook.. matt duval... kamali...
if you look a flex first picures when he ws a teen if he had come on here and said he was gonna be a pro.. he would have been mocked.. same with your picture.. and 90% of the human population.. be honest
true genetic freaks.. bertil fox... coleman victor richards.. and dillet... those i would say have great genes... or out of the world.... genes...  but on the @ordinary pro ... i dont see how that is unobtainable to a guy with a build like intenseones
because to my eyes there are a lot of pros who he has better natural genetics than..
and thats being 100%... honest

choice is an illusion

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2007, 10:23:15 AM »
Huh :-\??

He's saying that the physique that you're showing in the pics, would have had to have been natural in order for you to have had a shot at the pro's....basically. it took you being on the gear just to look like that....