Author Topic: Pros and training advice  (Read 10247 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Pros and training advice
« on: April 08, 2007, 04:08:50 PM »
Why is it that all pros preach full reps but in their videos they never do them.

Jay in Flex workout
Branch in the Daily motion clips
JOJ pullups
Ronnie Leg Press
JOJ dips

I think the best leg reps I have ever seen are Milos's Fit Show and Jay doing Leg Press or Hack Squats.  Speak on this.  I really don't care but if you look to a pro saying to do ATG squats and then Branch doesn't look like he's going to parallel in his videos.
Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
Re: Pros and training advice
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 04:24:23 PM »
Shawn Ray had good ROM.
True.  I mean nobody is perfect but every pro except Quincy Taylor preaches below parallel squats but they all do partials.  BTW, after seeing 300...your SN brings a whole new meaning to gay, but you're still all right.  Lol
Squishy face retard

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 05:30:51 PM »
Why is it that all pros preach full reps but in their videos they never do them.

Jay in Flex workout
JOJ pullups
Ronnie Leg Press
JOJ dips

I think the best leg reps I have ever seen are Milos's Fit Show and Jay doing Leg Press or Hack Squats.  Speak on this.  I really don't care but if you look to a pro saying to do ATG squats and then Branch doesn't look like he's going to parallel in his videos.

Jay would ALWAYS clarify the difference of what should be done and what he does.  I remember one of his articles he clearly states that his style is "sloppy" and "balistic" because he uses momentum.

Ronnie doesn't preach at all. ;D

Never heard any of the other guys opinions on the topic. 

But then again we all know they're not really the ones writing the articles.  ;)
just not good enough

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 05:35:45 PM »

Jay would ALWAYS clarify the difference of what should be done and what he does.  I remember one of his articles he clearly states that his style is "sloppy" and "balistic" because he uses momentum.

Ronnie doesn't preach at all. ;D

Never heard any of the other guys opinions on the topic. 

But then again we all know they're not really the ones writing the articles.  ;)
Yea, Jay's laterals are like high pulls.  "Ronnie's" article talk about this.  I just found it amusing after seeing Branch's clips.  From what I have read...unless you are an Olympic lifter there is no point to going ATG.
Squishy face retard

Tuna Sammich

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 09:54:51 PM »
Full ROM is shit on heavy leg presses. You wanna emphasize upper thigh sweep, not build a fat pair of knee caps.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »

Jay in Flex workout
JOJ pullups
Ronnie Leg Press
JOJ dips

Because when you're on gear, ANYTHING works!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 10:12:47 PM »

No...when you have great GENETICS...anything works.

When you have mediocre genetics..like you do..even the gear won't get you to the pro's. You still havent figured it out yet, huh?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 10:25:34 PM »
No...when you have great GENETICS...anything works.

When you have mediocre genetics..like you do..even the gear won't get you to the pro's. You still havent figured it out yet, huh?

Bullshit, you have mediocre genetics and it took you 15 years to turn pro, and if you don't think that being on a ton gear (or even half of that) doesn't make difference you're more in denial that I expected, do you think every pro has superior genetics? Your sadly mistaken if you do.

BTW, If I had decided to risk my life and turn pro, you would have been the least of my problems!!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 10:28:54 PM »
I guess my point is that I feel a little dumb following FLEX for my intro years when I should have just lifted with a football buddy who is now a college RB and got built quick.  Lol.  But seriously, it seems like nobody does full squats besides Platz.  I mean the FLEX shoots are not real bc I can't see Ruhl locking out with 585 incline or whoever.  It's like Haney said, parallel is fine.  I know Milos says full range but it really seems he is the only one doing it.  I think with hams like TP, it would be hard to do full reps and ATG is a helluva lot easier than an average trainer but it seems like many pros don't do it.  I agree more with Mr. I here because the average trainer do shit reps like Ronnie on back, Branch on arms, or JOJ on anything.  Now that I rambled, enjoy.
Squishy face retard

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 10:43:22 PM »
Bullshit, you have mediocre genetics and it took you 15 years to turn pro, and if you don't think that being on a ton gear (or even half of that) doesn't make difference you're more in denial that I expected, do you think every pro has superior genetics? Your sadly mistaken if you do.

BTW, If I had decided to risk my life and turn pro, you would have been the least of my problems!!

You're more delusional than I suspected.....Take a look at my pics/ video footage from when I was 13-16 years old....I would hardly describe my genetics as mediocre, neither would anyone else who knows BB....but that kind of answers why you would say that.

My inability to turn pro was completely due to not being able to get "dry"...final prep related, not training or muscle.

BTW...not everybody has to "risk their life" to turn pro....the mere fact that you think you needed to take it to that level in order to succeed, only proves you had average genetics, and needed the gear to try and make up the difference...

As for me being the "least of your problems"...you're right...were in two different leagues, pal.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA-NILE!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 10:56:23 PM »

My inability to turn pro was completely due to not being able to get "dry"...final prep related, not training or muscle.

BTW...not everybody has to "risk their life" to turn pro....the mere fact that you think you needed to take it to that level in order to succeed, only proves you had average genetics, and needed the gear to try and make up the difference...

As for me being the "least of your problems"...you're right...were in two different leagues, pal.

Ok, dude whatever. It took 15 years to dial it in and get dry..... WTF?

And re-read the post, I said if "IF" I would have turned pro you would have been the least of my problems and since I took next to nothing maybe a little more would have made the difference, you've seen my past pics, you figure it out!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 10:58:12 PM »
Ok, dude whatever. It took 15 years to dial it in and get dry..... WTF?

And re-read the post, I said if "IF" I would have turned pro you would have been the least of my problems and since I took next to nothing maybe a little more would have made the difference, you've seen my past pics, you figure it out!!

I've never seen any pic of you...feel free to post one.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 11:02:05 PM »
I've never seen any pic of you...feel free to post one.

If you've never seen a pic, how can you judge my genetics?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 11:03:47 PM »

This is now a tired excuse used when there's no other explanation.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 11:04:36 PM »
I'm going by your own posts, and the level you got to.

Post up a few pics...I'l give you an honest assessment.

The Heckler

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 11:21:27 PM »
I'm going by your own posts, and the level you got to.

Post up a few pics...I'l give you an honest assessment.

Bob, if I may can I ask your honest opinion about Getbig's very own "EgoCrusher"?  He claims to be God's gift to bodybuilding.  Personally I'm inclined to agree.

Ok real FUCKING FUNNY asshole, where did you find that pic of me?  I don't care post it if you want, I was at a friend's birthday party and I was drunk off my ass and having a great time.  I got laid later that night, I bet you have NEVER gotten pussy in your life FUCKFACE.  I had only been working out a year when that pic had been taken so BIG FUCKING DEAL.  You want a cookie or somethin?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 11:26:20 PM »
Still waiting on those pics, Mr. I.....

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 11:46:02 PM »
Yeah, if you don't post some shots, automatic self owning.
You both have some valid points.  All I can say is, some people could careless about being a pro bodybuilder, even if they have the genetics.  If everyone with great genetics took tons of gear, most pros wouldn't be pros.  Genetics play a huge role, no doubt, but even someone with great genetics isn't going to be a pro without a bunch of gear.  Thought I'd let everyone in a little secret there. ;D
N

The Heckler

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 11:47:56 PM »

This is from his website.  Pretty sure this is him, but he can correct me if I'm wrong

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 04:42:42 AM »
guy's gv chick his props he has a very classic physique. his pic's speak for themselves. 

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 05:16:22 AM »
Chick is a prick but give him his props

he has a classic front double bi with a combo vacuum

but one day Lee and him will meet in a cage fight...and jerome won't be around to save his ass
Here comes the money shot

BartBelgium

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 07:25:57 AM »
You're more delusional than I suspected.....Take a look at my pics/ video footage from when I was 13-16 years old....I would hardly describe my genetics as mediocre, neither would anyone else who knows BB....but that kind of answers why you would say that.

Can you post some pics or footage?? Or links?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 08:37:08 AM »

Can you post some pics or footage?? Or links?

Here are a few pics for you...I actualy show the footage on one of the early episodes of the "War for the Worlds"...you can still see them on BB.com

First pic is when I was 15...second one 8 years later.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 08:48:02 AM »
I don't have any at 15, but here's a couple when I was 21 and the comp pic was 23........

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 08:49:51 AM »
Oops, I accidently double clicked a pic :-\