Author Topic: Why am I not gaining weight??  (Read 4976 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Why am I not gaining weight??
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »
I've been stuck at the 178-185 lb range for almost 6 months now! My bodyfat is at 9%. I'm constantly hungry but I'm always eating. 3 square meals a day, with a protein shake and a fruit/vegetable/yogurt snake in between. In the middle of the night I wake up starved and I gotta sneak in a midnight snack. But yet, I fail to gain any real weight. What gives? I mainly eat poultry and unflavored rice with steamed vegetables, and tuna. The only thing I probably don't get enough of is red meat, but I'll rectify that soon enough. Any advice?
you should get checked for a tapeworm ;)

bench

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 03:04:48 AM »
you should get checked for a tapeworm ;)

bench

say hi to the resident tapeworm  ;D

;D ;D

I like Saskbb's approach.  Know your macros and total cals, and train hard.  I hate dieting though, so I make slow progress putting on weight and try to keep it clean.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 03:09:47 PM »
there are some protein powders that have a high calorie content and have little sugar. the gut weight gain may be from the sugar. (i 'm not really knowledgeable on this).  try n-large weight gainer or some other brand.  i've heard good things about n-large.  (you also may want to try some creatine with your shakes too).  and make sure you are getting enough protein. (that's what builds the muscle and size my man!)  ;)

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 03:29:16 PM »
I'm 5'9", and I've been trying the pb and protein too. Good advice all around, in the past week since I've posted this up I'ved managed to put on almost 5 pounds. The problem is, I feel like it's mostly in my gut though. I cut cardio completely out, so maybe that factored into it too.
If you are not on a creatine product you might give that a try.  The Phycological effects of putting on weight in a short amount of time can sometimes make a difference.  It will give you that little bit of Hope you need.  Else you might have Low Test.  If that is the case, try novedex XT ( Test Booster ) it really works too, great product!!!  Others on here will attest to it.

ryu007

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 05:34:37 PM »
If you are not on a creatine product you might give that a try.  The Phycological effects of putting on weight in a short amount of time can sometimes make a difference.  It will give you that little bit of Hope you need.  Else you might have Low Test.  If that is the case, try novedex XT ( Test Booster ) it really works too, great product!!!  Others on here will attest to it.
Actually, I am on some creatine, just started 2 weeks ago. Don't know about the low test. though. Where would I even find that stuff anyway?