Author Topic: Green Tea Drink Mix  (Read 4378 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Green Tea Drink Mix
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:26:43 AM »
The 1.5-2 gal. of water per day was getting monotonous, so I picked up a product from Celestial Seasoning ("Zingers to Go") marketed as an "antioxidant supplement" which is blueberry/green tea.  It contains 190mg of green tea as well as hibiscus, orange peel, rosehips and stevia.  It's a nice way to spice up the water routine and get in some antioxidants at the same time.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Green Tea Drink Mix
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:50:14 AM »
Nifty.  I normally just drop a green tea bag into a water bottle in the fridge overnight.

What does the other stuff do for you - different from catechins in green tea?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:19:18 AM »
Smart move on the idea for letting green tea soak overnight.

On the other ingredients in Zingers, the following is what I've found (credit: Wikipedia)-

(1) Stevia: is a somewhat controversial natural sweetener, which some studies suggest applications for treating obesity/high blood pressure;

(2) Hibiscus: claimed/debateable health benefits include digestive applications, treating bladder infections, nausea and high blood pressure; and

(3) Rosehips: high in Vitamin C, (1700–2000 mg per 100 g) and contains vitamins A, D and E, and antioxidant flavonoids.  Claimed remedy for bladder infections, dizziness and headaches.

In summartion, green tea appears to be the major beneficial component.  The others, if they help, great, if not, oh well.  Otherwise the best part of this product is the convenience, cheap cost and the taste.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 09:31:40 AM »
Thanks man.  I know I could have googled 'em, but figured I'd ask a guy who's slept with over 900 women - gotta respect that.  ;D  If I see it in Aus, I'll give it a try if it's reasonably priced.

First time I bought some green tea bags, I dropped 6 of them into boiling water and thought... fvuk it, I'll go google it for the heck of it - I was curious if boiling would destroy the antioxidants.  Turns out everyone says "cold green tea" should be brewed cold (so it doesn't come out bitter).  Hot green tea isn't boiled either, but I forget the correct temp since I haven't performed a Tea Ceremony for awhile now.  As with all things Japanese, nothing is simple.  We'll have to ask Donkey Kong's girlfriend.  :D

Swore...
dumped out the pot...
did it the easy - and correct - way.  ;)

I'm doing a second carb cycle for a week starting tomorrow, so I've got 8 lined up in the fridge.  I'll drink them 4/ day, so each gets brewed for about 36 hours in the fridge.

bambambig

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 12:10:57 AM »
i drink loose leaf green tea. Just steep 2 tsp and that does the trick for me. Also matcha tea first thing in the morning

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 04:57:54 AM »
Thanks man.  I know I could have googled 'em, but figured I'd ask a guy who's slept with over 900 women - gotta respect that.  ;D  If I see it in Aus, I'll give it a try if it's reasonably priced.

First time I bought some green tea bags, I dropped 6 of them into boiling water and thought... fvuk it, I'll go google it for the heck of it - I was curious if boiling would destroy the antioxidants.  Turns out everyone says "cold green tea" should be brewed cold (so it doesn't come out bitter).  Hot green tea isn't boiled either, but I forget the correct temp since I haven't performed a Tea Ceremony for awhile now.  As with all things Japanese, nothing is simple.  We'll have to ask Donkey Kong's girlfriend.  :D

Swore...
dumped out the pot...
did it the easy - and correct - way.  ;)

I'm doing a second carb cycle for a week starting tomorrow, so I've got 8 lined up in the fridge.  I'll drink them 4/ day, so each gets brewed for about 36 hours in the fridge.

haha, yeah right. Well i'm not going into the depth of tea cermony, but it's true, it should not be boiling water.
The better the tea quality, the colder the water. Make it about 88-90 degrees celsius for normal bancha or sencha, good sencha at about 75, and matcha at 60-70.  ;D ;D

i drink loose leaf green tea. Just steep 2 tsp and that does the trick for me. Also matcha tea first thing in the morning

You gotta be kidding me. No one actually drinks matcha. It's far too expensive and doesn't taste very good. It is commonly used for tea ceremonies.
Don't tell me you put sugar into it or i'll have to kill you instantly.  ;D ;D ;D

bambambig

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 11:19:12 PM »
ya i drink matcha every morning. i dont put sugar, just straight with hot water. i buy mine from www.muzitea.com

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 02:28:51 AM »
ya i drink matcha every morning. i dont put sugar, just straight with hot water. i buy mine from www.muzitea.com

I know that some peeps snort matcha and get a "BUZZ" from it. I guess itīs because of the teanine and caffeine. It is really expensive, but worth it, i guess. I have not drank it (or snorted it LOL) because i like regular Japanise green tea. Japanese green tea has over twice the EGCG than Chinese...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 08:54:30 AM »
I know that some peeps snort matcha and get a "BUZZ" from it. I guess itīs because of the teanine and caffeine. It is really expensive, but worth it, i guess. I have not drank it (or snorted it LOL) because i like regular Japanise green tea. Japanese green tea has over twice the EGCG than Chinese...

If you have ever seen a japanese tea farm compared to a chinese one, you know why.  ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 03:29:43 PM »
The 1.5-2 gal. of water per day was getting monotonous, so I picked up a product from Celestial Seasoning ("Zingers to Go") marketed as an "antioxidant supplement" which is blueberry/green tea.  It contains 190mg of green tea as well as hibiscus, orange peel, rosehips and stevia.  It's a nice way to spice up the water routine and get in some antioxidants at the same time.

I haven't been able to find the Zingers yet.    How's the taste?  Normally I don't like the bitterness of stevia.  I've been using the Green Tea to Go - Honey Lemon flavor diluted in 33oz H2O vs the suggested 16.  Love it.
:

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 06:15:25 AM »

I haven't been able to find the Zingers yet.    How's the taste?  Normally I don't like the bitterness of stevia.  I've been using the Green Tea to Go - Honey Lemon flavor diluted in 33oz H2O vs the suggested 16.  Love it.

I've tried both and like both.  The taste in Zingers is a little more subtle, but the more significant difference is that I think Zingers has a higher concentration of green tea.

G Diesel

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 06:07:16 AM »
Drinking about a gallon of honey lemon Crystal light green tea on the daily. Delicious and refreshing plus it has a good shot of antioxidants. Peace, G

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 09:19:19 AM »

The amount of green tea in Liptons Green tea to go is so minimal you are better off drinking regular tea and adding the the lipton stuff to it for extra flavor.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 04:13:36 PM »
donkey you talk like tea is good for ealth. each tea consists tuarine and shit. tea is toxic. but i bought me some green tea, they say it helps burn the fat, is that true or just a myth?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 05:19:34 PM »
donkey you talk like tea is good for ealth. each tea consists tuarine and shit. tea is toxic. but i bought me some green tea, they say it helps burn the fat, is that true or just a myth?

tea is not toxic, white tea is what you should be drinking, it has a much higher polyphenol, egcg etc content then green.

it also tastes better imo.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 08:40:14 PM »
tea is not toxic, white tea is what you should be drinking, it has a much higher polyphenol, egcg etc content then green.

it also tastes better imo.

Are you sure about this? Methinks green tea has the highest level epillogalactols of all camelia sinensis preparations.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 06:18:57 AM »
  Are you sure about this? Methinks green tea has the highest level epillogalactols of all camelia sinensis preparations.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

white tea has about double from most of the info ive read. ill see if i can find some lit.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 01:41:33 PM »
I think i read it on the board, lately i put green tea into cold water and put it into the fridge overnight.

tastes great and is very refreshing.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 08:47:38 PM »
I think i read it on the board, lately i put green tea into cold water and put it into the fridge overnight.

tastes great and is very refreshing.

I do what I can.
 ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 01:37:58 AM »
I do what I can.
 ;D

hehee, thanks for that!

bambambig

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 06:23:09 PM »
im drinking ground white tea also. Give it a try.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

yo sucky, this is a little writeup on white tea, doesnt exactly compare polyphenol content.

green is processed less then black, and white is processed the least of all the teas coming from sinesis. white tea tastes better imo

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 04:40:58 PM »
http://www.mendosa.com/white_tea.htm

forgot to post the link ;D.

has references to studies in pubmed if your interested.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 12:39:09 AM »

Thanks.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 05:12:57 AM »

Thanks, usmokepole!  I've been drinking a lot of green tea for the health benefits, but I didn't know about the health benefits of white tea.  I also like Mendosa.com.  I've learned a lot from reading the information on that web site. 

I also get his diabetes newsletter.  I am not diabetic, but a lot of the nutrition stuff that helps diabetics can also help bodybuilders.