Author Topic: Mr. Olympia Jugging could it be better  (Read 1278 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Mr. Olympia Jugging could it be better
« on: April 09, 2007, 02:13:49 PM »
Could the Mr. Olympia be better if the judging panel was permanently made up by men who have won the contest?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Mr. Olympia
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »
Yes.  It was called the challenge round, and they gave it to a crisp Gustavo, over aesthetically challenged Coleman and Cutler.

In reality, the sport might have been better if they had given Gustavo (or dex) the sandow that year.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 02:25:11 PM »
I'm sorry... Gustavo's waist is a lot worser then coleman's or cutler's.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »
I'm sorry... Gustavo's waist is a lot worser then coleman's or cutler's.

It wasn't that bad in 2004.   After that, he did play the mass game and lost.  But Ronnie had a serious belly, and Cutler's abs are always melting.  I don't think anyone would have complained too loudly.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 02:48:26 PM »
Yes.  It was called the challenge round, and they gave it to a crisp Gustavo, over aesthetically challenged Coleman and Cutler.

In reality, the sport might have been better if they had given Gustavo (or dex) the sandow that year.

I could not agree more

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 02:55:09 PM »
IF THE PAST CHAMPIONS WERE TO PICK THE WINNER OF THE OVER ALL CONTEST IT MIGHT STOP WRECKLESS JUGGING AND BRING MORE PR TO THE CONTEST ITSELF.

jbrice

• Getbig II
Re: Mr. Olympia Jugging could it be better
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 08:42:30 AM »
   There is too much money involved for it to be judged fairly. You have a panel of drunks laughing and goofing off while they are supposed to be comparing athletes. You have supplement companies giving money to the judges for their athletes. They think we fans are stupid. They are going to keep this up until we finally say that's it and quit buying magazines, going to shows, and buying supplements. By then it will be too late. The IFBB is only worried about itself and how much money it can make. They need to take care of the people who are putting money in their pockets, ie the athletes. For a large company like they are how much could it really hurt them to pay for an athletes health insurance? It would even be a tax write off for them. Oh well they self destruct.