Author Topic: Sodium  (Read 1739 times)

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
Sodium
« on: April 09, 2007, 05:16:09 PM »
not sure where else to post this. so i guess i'll just post it here. whats a healthy amount of sodium to take in each day during a cutting cycle. i tried doing only about 100- 200 mg a day but after two days my blood pressure started dropping drastically.

Platz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Sodium
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »
Healthy? 2000mgs

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 05:34:39 PM »
Healthy? 2000mgs

during a cutting cycle? wow shows ya how well thought out this diet was. lams. i was consuming at most a tenth that. no wonder my blood pressure dropped and my heart just didn't feel right.

Platz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 02:46:48 AM »
yes, when cutting you lose plenty of minerals due to instense cardio and regular workouts, so you need those 2000mgs to recover. Remember also when cutting, most of the foods you eat are low in sodium naturally, and your body needs 2 grams just to function properly. Now week out from the show is another story...

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 05:31:05 AM »
Dude, you don't even cut Sodium just because you are cutting.   The muscles actually need water on them ya know.

The only reason to ever cut sodium is last few days before a contest.

Sodium makes you retain water, doesn't make you retain fat.  So lose the fat and once thats gone to your liking, then lower your sodium to 2000mg per day but hell i actually up my sodium during cutting.  Helps me hold water, which helps me keep lifting heavier, thus holding more muscle while cutting.

Unless you are one of those guys that actually has to see himself getting ripped up during a diet instead of just trusting your diet and know that you know how to lose fat.  Then cut sodium a bit to bring out the riiiiiips.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 08:34:59 AM »
bump, interesting thread
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:51:09 AM »
i usually consume 8000 milligrams is that why my bloodpressure is so high???
i

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 09:56:10 AM »
rofl why do you need to walk around dried out all the time hahah. wont help u abit.

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 10:02:17 AM »
well thanx. yea after yesterdays little incendent of almost being hauled off by an amublance i increased my sodium. my muscles feel fuller. and i'm still droppin weight. yea i've actually managed to lose weight while dieting. at first i was gettin leaner but still weighing more. packin on more muscle than i was losing fat. but now its all goin pretty good weights droppin slightly and steadily but not too much. heart rate is back to normal. cardio is gettin more intense. thanx for all the info. now if any of you wouldn't mind commenting on my proportion post and growth let me know how stupid all that sounds i'd appreciate it.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 10:18:07 AM »
Use Celtic Sea Salt. It is actually good for you compare to table salt which is sodium chloride and very dangerous for your health.

http://www.celticseasalt.com/

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 10:38:54 AM »
i usually consume 8000 milligrams is that why my bloodpressure is so high???
You must eat TV dinners.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »
during a cutting cycle? wow shows ya how well thought out this diet was. lams. i was consuming at most a tenth that. no wonder my blood pressure dropped and my heart just didn't feel right.

Why would you cut sodium? 
So what if you hold water.  If you cut sodium, and don't hold water, you won't burn fat faster.  Your food will just taste like shit.

And when the body is well hydrated, it burns fat faster.   
So, not only did your food taste like shit, but you slowed down your fat loss. 

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »
Dude, you don't even cut Sodium just because you are cutting.   The muscles actually need water on them ya know.

The only reason to ever cut sodium is last few days before a contest.

Sodium makes you retain water, doesn't make you retain fat.  So lose the fat and once thats gone to your liking, then lower your sodium to 2000mg per day but hell i actually up my sodium during cutting.  Helps me hold water, which helps me keep lifting heavier, thus holding more muscle while cutting.

Unless you are one of those guys that actually has to see himself getting ripped up during a diet instead of just trusting your diet and know that you know how to lose fat.  Then cut sodium a bit to bring out the riiiiiips.

You don't even need to cut sodium before a contest. 
Another MYTH from the bodybuilding 'industry.'

I never cut sodium before I take my contest pics.  I even eat McDonald's before I take the photos.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 12:23:52 PM »

I never cut sodium before I take my contest pics.  I even eat McDonald's before I take the photos.

Sorry I do and every other bodybuilder i know cut sodium and it worked.  I'm happy you had a happy meal.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »

another gimmic account by ta to fuck up peoples contest prep?

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 12:25:42 PM »
Sorry I do and every other bodybuilder i know cut sodium and it worked.  I'm happy you had a happy meal.

I know plenty of bodybuilders who do not cut sodium. 
Many top bodybuilders in fact.  Despite their inability to see the light on many dieting myths, many have come to the realization that cutting sodium is entirely unnecessary.

I could help you. 
How would you like to win a competition, and not even 'diet?'

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 12:28:55 PM »
I know plenty of bodybuilders who do not cut sodium. 
Many top bodybuilders in fact.  Despite their inability to see the light on many dieting myths, many have come to the realization that cutting sodium is entirely unnecessary.

I could help you. 
How would you like to win a competition, and not even 'diet?'
loser...

dont even get started with your bs

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 12:33:55 PM »
loser...

dont even get started with your bs

Tell me why cutting sodium in necessary then. 
Surely, someone with such strong convictions on a subject must understand the reason for its necessity.