Author Topic: Imus makes 2nd racist remark!  (Read 5013 times)

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
Re: Imus makes 2nd racist remark!
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »
Why doesnt some BLACK leader get on the airwaves and decry the constant "####" "mo fo" "bitches and "hoes" references on black radio/television almost constantly??  

The black community wont get the respect it wants from others until it RESPECTS ITSELF.  
BOTTOM LINE

Yeah, get bent for some old, white idiot repeating what is easily identified as a "black phrase" anyway......

What's even more funny - is that when you get a guy like Obama, who we all know can speak very well - these same idiots (Al, Jesse, etc) won't support the guy because they say he's "too white".

Can I ask one question? Listening to Al Sharpton yesterday hammer on Imus(who I don't like anyways), he said a few times the word "Axe" instead of "ask"....I need to know why most African-Americans use that word instead of the correct word?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2007, 11:51:52 AM »

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2007, 11:53:25 AM »
Black people segregate themselves, no matter how much BS they talk, the prisons still have more black per head of population in jails that white people.

figure it out you dumb leso and stop being racist your self

Yeah, because the American 'justice' system is completely colorblind.

::)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2007, 12:19:20 PM »
You know it is nice to have someone such as yourself posting here. I think many including myself appreciate the cool head you have used in informing people here.

I, like many young white people sometimes have a hard time seeing past issues like these and a LOT of resentment can build up feeling that we have to make amends for the mistakes of our ancestors in ways that are often (like in the case with "you people") seen as ridiculous.

Furthermore, I appreciate the poster that said that people do not associate all white people with someone like Bush, however, as much as I would like to say I agree that it is contextual and pertinent, I don't think it is. There is a climate of racial responsibility that white people in particular have to be careful about while it would seem every other skin tone gets a free pass to do and say anything they want.

I think it is a real shame that if what you say is true, that people like Obama don't denounce Sharpton's past and present mindset. It is a shame that people like Oprah do not show support for a more colorblind society by holding "influential" members of the black community more accountable for the hatreds so obviously permeating people everywhere of every color.

Anyways, I guess it is too bad the inequalities and hard feelings so many harbor towards each other appear to be here to stay for the time being until mainstream media and all communities come together and respect each other and themselves.
Good post.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2007, 09:10:53 AM »
It could have been worse..Imagine if Imus called Sharpton BOY...

footloose and fancy free

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2007, 09:34:34 AM »
Unfortunately controversy is what sells. The media outlets give attention to Sharpton and Jackson because those two clowns generate interest. It doesn't matter that most of the interest is from people that despise those two race baiter's, it's still interest. In the end it's all about the ratings and Sharpton and Jackson bring them.

I have to believe that eventually people will grow wise to what those two despicable opportunists have done and they will be ignored. If people stop paying attention to them the media outlets will ignore them and we'll all benefit. Until that happens we're stuck with them.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2007, 11:08:13 AM »
despicable opportunists 
Great advice and I think this is the best description I've ever heard of these two clowns.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2007, 12:22:43 PM »
Sharptons an Idiot..........Imus make a racial slur (and should be fired for it) but the "black leaders" make comments like that all the time and nothing happends Reference Jesse Jackson calling NY "hymie town" and nothing happends to him, but then again I guess you have to have job to be suspended or fired........I'm sorry, what does Jesse Jackson do for a living again?

He gets paid to tell Black people that they are inferior to all other races.