Author Topic: Imus makes 2nd racist remark!  (Read 5014 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Imus makes 2nd racist remark!
« on: April 10, 2007, 08:48:16 AM »
This guy goes on Al Sharptons Radio show and uses another racial slur.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04102007/news/nationalnews/imus_gets_the_old_heave_ho_nationalnews_john_mazor_and_david_k__li.htm

What are you're thoughts.
Most are all show no go!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Imus makes 2nd racist remark!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:50:18 AM »

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04102007/news/nationalnews/imus_gets_the_old_heave_ho_nationalnews_john_mazor_and_david_k__li.htm

ho he didn't you fuccking PC sissy, he said "you people" and was referring to Sharpton and the woman who called in to the show not black people in general, people need to calm down.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 08:50:35 AM »

My thought is you can't say anything anymore without it offending black folks.

I'm a straight haired cracker.  Oh my, if a black person said that, well i'd just die!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

ja351

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 08:55:55 AM »
Black people segregate themselves, no matter how much BS they talk, the prisons still have more black per head of population in jails that white people.

figure it out you dumb leso and stop being racist your self

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 08:57:59 AM »
it makes me sick how every white person who makes a remark that even remotely sounds "racist" feels that they have to go on Al Sharpton's radio show and apologize, fucck Al Sharpton and fu.ck all the PC assholes.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 08:59:49 AM »
it makes me sick how every white person who makes a remark that even remotely sounds "racist" feels that they have to go on Al Sharpton's radio show and apologize, fucck Al Sharpton and fu.ck all the PC assholes.

I hate agreeing with you. Seems all some people want is an excuse to scream racism to make themselves feel alright about doing less with their lives than they wanted to without blaming themselves.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:00:36 AM »
"You People" is just about the most offensive comment you can make about black people. Because when you break it down into its parts, it's just downright vicious, nasty and hateful. First of all, the term "You" is derogative because it implies that the speaker is talking directly to someone else and it's racist to speak directly to a black person. Secondly, the term "People" is offensive because blacks prefer to be called "The Afro-American Community" or "Brothers" -- anything but "People".

Special "We the People" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 09:01:45 AM »

My point exactly.  Do you think he meant to say it (you people)?  That would be funny.
Most are all show no go!

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
"You People" is just about the most offensive comment you can make about black people. Because when you break it down into its parts, it's just downright vicious, nasty and hateful. First of all, the term "You" is derogative because it implies that the speaker is talking directly to someone else and it's racist to speak directly to a black person. Secondly, the term "People" is offensive because blacks prefer to be called "The Afro-American Community" or "Brothers" -- anything but "People".

LOL that is awesome lol

thisiskeith12

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 09:02:07 AM »
I'm curious to what the outrage would be if whites started their own segregated cable channel like black people. Instead of BET, tune into WET!

That is the most racist outlet however it's okay? Everyone that goes on their network is a racist IMO.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 09:03:26 AM »
My point exactly.  Do you think he meant to say it (you people)?  That would be funny.
even if he meant to say it who gives a shit? it's funny that all Imus said was what EVERY BLACK MAN probably either says or thinks about the women on that basketball team.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 09:03:58 AM »

Very good analysis Ed!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 09:04:59 AM »
as a proud white man, im deeply offended by this.

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 09:05:56 AM »

Sharpton is the most racist son of a bitch next to Jesse Jackson...............I say its time to ######### the fucking ######

8)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 09:10:52 AM »
Ha!  Al Sharpton, champion of the civil rights movement and a man who acts only in the best interests of the "black people" community....oh brother.  This clown has been a race baiting, violence inciting, racist anti-Semite for as long as anyone can remember. Fatherless children, unemployment, low-graduation rates, low-literacy rates,teenage pregnancies, violence, etc etc etc, all these are actual problems with the inner-city black community and guess what, Al Sharpton and his cronies are solving these problems by shining light on the fact that the NFL doesn't have that many black head coaches, or the Imus said "nappy headed hoes", or that someone said "you people" what a fucking hypocrite.

And the sad fact is that "those people" by and large thing that he is out for there best interests.
Al Sharpton should shut his fucking mouth.
Here is a little diddy to "shine" some light on his past.....http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=2411

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 09:17:59 AM »

Oh brother..  ::) He should have said "YOU BLACKS!"

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 09:18:22 AM »
Al had no idea how much money went to sickle cell research, Imus knew.

to hell with Al.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 09:27:20 AM »
Before we get off on this tangent in generalizing about all blacks, let me clarify that the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson DO NOT speak for me, nor do they represent my viewpoints. 

Having said that, I think we should also take a look at the source who brings about these 'racist' statements to the public's attention.....the media.  It's never a story until they present it in a package that they know will get the public riled up.  The media continually misleads people to think folks like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson speak for ALL blacks, or minorities in general.  The truth is, these guys are snakes who are hungry for the media's attention.  And with predictable ignorance, the media falls hook-line-sinker EVERY time for it. 

The view of what you see and hear in the media is NOT reality.  You have to dig alot deeper than what you hear over the radio, or see on television.  Remember, the media only has your attention for 30 minutes to an hour.  They can't get their entire agenda out to you, but they can split it up into soundbites and quick imagery to paint the broad picture of what they want you know, which again, isn't necessarily always the truth. 

I guess I'm just asking you to dig a little deeper and not generalize so much.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »
Before we get off on this tangent in generalizing about all blacks, let me clarify that the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson DO NOT speak for me, nor do they represent my viewpoints. 

Having said that, I think we should also take a look at the source who bring these 'racist' statements to the public's attention.....the media.  It's never a story until they present it in a package that they know will get the public riled up.  The media continually misleads people to think folks like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson speak for ALL blacks, or minorities in general.  The truth is, these guys are snakes who are hungry for the media's attention.  And with predictable ignorance, the media falls hook-line-sinker EVERY time for it. 

The view of what you see and hear in the media is NOT reality.  You have to dig alot deeper than what you hear over the radio, or see on television.  Remember, the media only has your attention for 30 minutes to an hour.  They can't get their entire agenda out to you, but they can split it up into soundbites and quick imagery to paint the broad picture of what they want you know, which again, isn't necessarily always the truth. 

I guess I'm just asking you to dig a little deeper and not generalize so much.

I understand that Sharpton and Jackson do not speak for educated black people. But still you have to admit there's alot of support for those two and their shenanigans amonst the black community.

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 09:31:01 AM »
This is one of THE DUMBEST controversies ever....."nappy headed hoe"......you know, a black person came up with that phrase  in the first place, second....how come Al and Rutgers isnt sayingg anything about the prominent BLACK rappers/actors/comedians that use that language CONSTANTLY....what makes it more offensive coming out of imus's mouth versus "X" rapper.....does anybody on this board really think the girls BB team doesnt hear worse than this on a daily basis as part of college life?

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB......Imus is supposed to be ashock jock anyway...its ENTERTAINMENT...just like ICE T, or HOWARD STERN OR CHRIS ROCK......why is it less offensive if they say it?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 09:31:27 AM »
I understand that Sharpton and Jackson do not speak for educated black people. But still you have to admit there's alot of support for those two and their shenanigans amonst the black community.
Again, this is what the MEDIA would have you to believe.  Like I said, dig deeper to get the truth.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 09:32:13 AM »
This is one of THE DUMBEST controversies ever....."nappy headed hoe"......you know, a black person came up with that phrase  in the first place, second....how come Al and Rutgers isnt sayingg anything about the prominent BLACK rappers/actors/comedians that use that language CONSTANTLY....what makes it more offensive coming out of imus's mouth versus "X" rapper.....does anybody on this board really think the girls BB team doesnt hear worse than this on a daily basis as part of college life?

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB......Imus is supposed to be ashock jock anyway...its ENTERTAINMENT...just like ICE T, or HOWARD STERN OR CHRIS ROCK......why is it less offensive if they say it?

exactly

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 09:32:31 AM »
I don't think Sharpton speaks for the majority of blacks. I personally, and my whole freakin family, find him to be a tool.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 09:34:54 AM »
Again, this is what the MEDIA would have you to believe.  Like I said, dig deeper to get the truth.

I understand that, but do you think there would no outrage if the media just ignored these non-issues that Sharpton loves to jump on? Plus I've live in New York and from my observations there is a lot support for Sharpton and race baiting.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 09:43:56 AM »

Bravo on Colossus' previous post.

CJ, there is no doubt Sharpton & Jackson have their following ina segment of the community,
...just a Rush has his following as well. we're simply seeing 2 sides of the same coin with these guys.
w