Author Topic: Guys who don't compete yet take gear. WHY do you do it?  (Read 8218 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Guys who don't compete yet take gear. WHY do you do it?
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2007, 01:25:08 PM »
So only people who decide they want to compete have a reason to take gear?   ???

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »
Why do it even when you compete ? This question comes around a lot and it makes no sense to distinguish here

It's not like even 99% of the bodybuilders is rewinning the cost of their contest-cycle back

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2007, 01:42:51 PM »

People take steroids to be become bigger faster

Does that answer the question?

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »
People take steroids to be become bigger faster

Does that answer the question?

Well...no because you can do that WITHOUT gear dude... If your income does not depend on you using drugs to be competitive I don't see any VALID excuse to use....wait a sec there is'nt one ::)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2007, 04:40:13 PM »
I like it when guys in my gym use.  giants lifts are inspirational.  You see some guy deadlifting 600 for reps and the whole gym just stops.
im real close to that...
and i dont use
never will
 ;)
gear is one thing... but a strong mind and focus is another...
lil help from genetics too...
on the topic... if someone wants to take gear fine... its a stupid choice in the long run but it is their choice at the end of the day... a lot of natural guys diiss guys who take steroids because of a lil jelousy i think..
me i am happy with myself... and the body i have built over the years and this is why i never envy guys who juice...
genetics over juice anyday..
but its a free world to each his own
choice is an illusion

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2007, 05:12:38 PM »
Well...no because you can do that WITHOUT gear dude... If your income does not depend on you using drugs to be competitive I don't see any VALID excuse to use....wait a sec there is'nt one ::)

Perhaps I didn't bold the word "faster" enough.

Besides, the question is not whether there's a valid excuse to take gear or not, its why do people take gear.  Dumb question.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2007, 05:35:16 PM »
Why did I start using steroids? I guess because I was curious & wanted to try them. I use them as a tool & in moderation. I don't encourage others to use nor do I care who uses & who doesn't. I don't plan to compete you never know what the future holds. Note: My intensity doesn't change at all with or without gear.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2007, 06:21:27 PM »
When I was younger I was very anti-steroid and the juicer friends I had would tell me, "look bro, you train your ass off, but after a year you'll add what 5-8lbs of muscle at best?   I put on 25lbs in under 6 months, I eat fastfood and my bodyfat is 10-12%."   Now, I've never used, and I've mellowed out as I've gotten older, but I still don't understand the mentality.   If you desire to compete then juice until your insides liquify....fine by me.  Although, if you're 22, stupid and spending the allowance your parents give you on gear so you can look good in a mall, best you rethink your priorities....then again, I don't know many 22 yr olds concerned with their priorities.

This is golden, sums it up to a T.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2007, 06:25:30 PM »

6ius gh
20ius slin
1500mg test e
100mg proviron
=
gettin it done

"dont be a product of your environment, let your environment be a product of you"

lol
#

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2007, 06:45:17 PM »
i am a natural but i would consider taking steroids in the future, perhaps in a few years. it depends on if my genetic limits as a natural in bodybuilding can live up to my ultimate goals as a bodybuilder and also if my goals remain the same in the future. but to answer your question...

people who take gear before theyve reached their genetic limit want to get bigger faster.
people who take gear after theyve reached their genetic limit want to achieve more than their body is allowing them to.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2007, 08:25:26 PM »
It's simply a question of ethical value:

WHY use drugs instead of working your ass off and living with the outcome?  What is there to gain from it beyond emptying your wallet, throwing your self-worth and esteem down at the door and knowing that, every time you look in the mirror, you are living a LIE?  Why do it?  You are simply admitting to yourself that you can't deal with what mother-nature gave you.

And before any more of you respond with hate, this is me at 205 and 5'11...Natural for life.  From June of 2005.  No, I'm not He-Man, but I can go to bed at night respecting myself and feeling ethical.  That's more important to me than any water/FAKE GAINS drugs will ever give you.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2007, 08:31:10 PM »

WHY use drugs instead of working your ass off and living with the outcome?  What is there to gain from it beyond emptying your wallet, throwing your self-worth and esteem down at the door and knowing that, every time you look in the mirror, you are living a LIE?  Why do it?  You are simply admitting to yourself that you can't deal with what mother-nature gave you.

And before any more of you respond with hate, this is me at 205 and 5'11...Natural for life.  From June of 2005.  No, I'm not He-Man, but I can go to bed at night respecting myself and feeling ethical.  That's more important to me than any water/FAKE GAINS drugs will ever give you.

why go on a diet when you can just eat all you want and then starve yourself?  WHy study hard for a test when you can just cheat on it?  The long term side effects don't seem to bother people with these habits.  The same logic can be used for steroids.  Why would a lazy person want to work very hard and be patient when they can just stick a needle in them and get much quicker results.  This is how people are today, at least most of them.  That is why there are sheep and ther are leaders.  I love and appreciate the fact that nothing worth having comes easy.     

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »
That is why there are sheep and ther are leaders.  I love and appreciate the fact that nothing worth having comes easy. \

Damn straight.  The sheep will continue to be water ridden, zit laden morons while I laugh. 

I will still continue them to be borderline insane, though.   

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2007, 08:38:28 PM »
EgoCrusher, honestly dude.. you're fucked in the head..  most of us don't see anything wrong or immoral with using steroids, in most countries outside of the US they're perfectly legal and available over the counter, just because you're so narrow minded doesn't mean the rest of us are. Some people want to get ahead without waiting that 10-12 years, you sound like one of those christian scientists that believes everything will happen on it's own and everything that's assisted is a sleight against your god. If you feel this strongly about steroids I would love to see how you feel about modern medicine, antibiotics ? how about painkillers or anasthesia in surgery? is that wrong too, should it be outlawed because you don't like it? what's up with your quest to make the lifting world all natural?!? if there's something available that helps speed up your recovery and put muscle on your body, why wouldn't you use it?! you use protein powders, supplements, amino acids, creatines, etc. etc. but are so deathly against something medically proven to work.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2007, 08:39:38 PM »
And to sum it up, who gives a fuck about ethics or morals? as long as you're not hurting anybody else DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2007, 08:58:28 PM »

I don't juice but I would consider using them to NOT look like you :)

E
E

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2007, 09:04:48 PM »
And to sum it up, who gives a fuck about ethics or morals? as long as you're not hurting anybody else DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT.

You just summed yourself up...

Comparing STEROIDS to anti-biotic drugs?  Let me guess..

The next damn thing we know, you will compare people using steroids to those wanting to prolong their LIFE using drugs to FIGHT the ravages of CANCER...

You are COMPLETELY out of touch with reality.  You want to compare a person using CHEMO DRUGS to keep the ALIVE to a sorry ass piece of SHIT using steroids to make up for laziness?  YOU are the loser in this argument my drug dependent friend.  Your entire base for argument is misguided.  You embrace all that is WRONG with weight-lifting.  If you head to the gym tomorrow to do back, ask yourself when you are doing dumbell rows WHY you can't go heavy without drugs?  I hit the 140's for 8 clean, non-cheating reps without drugs.  No, I'm not He-Man....but I do look at guys like YOU and wonder how in the hell you can go through life with any self-respect? 

Hurting no one else?  Hell no.  Living a LIE if you are a drug-addict/steroid abuser??  Hell yes.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2007, 09:10:30 PM »
just admit already that these juicers make you feel bad about yourself and you have a fear of needles ::)

E

E

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2007, 10:09:02 PM »

some dont look at it as an "unethical" choice....and it is only opinion that lack of self worth and esteem are involved. i see your argument, but i just cant agree with your logic. exactly what lie is it that they are living?  "admitting to yourself that you can't deal with what mother-nature gave you."? .......come on...that is weak at best. why do workout at all then? arent you happy with the way you are? why try to improve in the gym....why not just walk around like every other slump and be happy with it. you got legs dont you? so why drive to work? automobiles harm millions...directly and indirectly......mother nature gave you legs...why such the hurry to get around? conveinience? maybe...cheating mother nature? by your logic...yes..

i think that there are a fair share of "juicers" that lift and try to improve themselves for the same reasons you do...they just do it through a different vehicle. nothing wrong with it per se...just a choice. you choose to be "lifetime natural"...other dont...leave it alone...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »
some dont look at it as an "unethical" choice....and it is only opinion that lack of self worth and esteem are involved. i see your argument, but i just cant agree with your logic. exactly what lie is it that they are living?  "admitting to yourself that you can't deal with what mother-nature gave you."? .......come on...that is weak at best. why do workout at all then? arent you happy with the way you are? why try to improve in the gym....why not just walk around like every other slump and be happy with it. you got legs dont you? so why drive to work? automobiles harm millions...directly and indirectly......mother nature gave you legs...why such the hurry to get around? conveinience? maybe...cheating mother nature? by your logic...yes..

i think that there are a fair share of "juicers" that lift and try to improve themselves for the same reasons you do...they just do it through a different vehicle. nothing wrong with it per se...just a choice. you choose to be "lifetime natural"...other dont...leave it alone...

THANK YOU!.. you summed up exactly what I was going to say...  great post! :)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2007, 04:24:32 AM »
just admit already that these juicers make you feel bad about yourself and you have a fear of needles ::)

E

I was just going to reply something in the likes of 'working hard in the gym is so much easier mentally than constantly jabbing that pin in' and it truly IS

I dont know many juicers that actually like to inject lol

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2007, 05:38:33 AM »
You know what I don't understand.....Is why so many naturals are so concerned with guys that use gear...I hear this shit all the time...Ya know if someone wants to use then let them use, it's their body not yours...Just drop it or keep obsessing about someone Else's life and not pay attention to your own in all your natural glory...Its not like a bunch of guys that juice sit around and bitch about guys that are natural...Eventhough, I know several guys that use almost all the way up to a natural competition and yet "claim" to be natural; now that is something a natural competator should bitch about more than the average Joe using or not...just my .02
You Can't Do It!!!