Author Topic: Gyno related to Deca  (Read 1405 times)

wall70

• Getbig II
Gyno related to Deca
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:56:16 PM »
Is it caused by progesterone or prolactin?  From what elementary knowledge I've ascertained the gyno is actually caused by progesterone (in the context of Deca usage) and prolactin is responsible for lactation. So if progesterone is the cause than Bromocriptine and other anti-prolactins would be useless. 

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Gyno related to Deca
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:01:49 AM »
Is it caused by progesterone or prolactin?  From what elementary knowledge I've ascertained the gyno is actually caused by progesterone (in the context of Deca usage) and prolactin is responsible for lactation. So if progesterone is the cause than Bromocriptine and other anti-prolactins would be useless. 

Most likely the side effects are predominantly due to estrogen.  However, Deca does have a reputed effect on the progesterone receptor. Progestagenic activity decreases estrogen receptor concentration in some tissues, but also potentiates it's effects in other tissues.  As long as estrogen is in the system, progesterone can agonize its effects, but is rendered fairly ineffective if there is no circulating estrogen around.  Interestingly, some have suggested that Winstrol may also bind to the progesterone receptor (thus blocking it) and remains unaltered by it.  It would suggest that overlapping Deca with Winny during a cycle is advantageous.

Deca has no known effect on prolactin levels, to my knowledge.  We have explored trenbolone's relationship to prolactin on previous threads.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »
Man if a dude lactates?? His shit is way out of whack, hormonally.  Interesting enough was reading Dave Palumbo in MD mag and he pointed out that estrogen is needed for a healthy male sex drive.  That might explain how strong AI's like Letro especially seem to drive down the libido, thought you might find that interesting Freak  :)

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 12:27:19 AM »
Man if a dude lactates?? His shit is way out of whack, hormonally.  Interesting enough was reading Dave Palumbo in MD mag and he pointed out that estrogen is needed for a healthy male sex drive.  That might explain how strong AI's like Letro especially seem to drive down the libido, thought you might find that interesting Freak  :)

I read some guy was lactating on another board. sounded real bad!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 03:57:57 AM »
Um... Hate to break it to you guys, but LOTS OF THAT STUFF THAT SAYS DECA ON IT is  REALY TESTO!!!
         That solves the mystery of  lots of the "Deca"/ Gyno cases today.

BUT; theres still something going on w/ Oxymeth, and Deca.  The old, "It cant aromatize" argument means nothing to those who've had  problems with it.

Nobody's ever really given a scientific & real world results explanation about these effects of Stanoz, proviron that I've seen either.
And Tren? Ive never used any, but its my understanding it can be related to gyno also? or is it just a mater of knocking out Natural production, and that setting up ripe conditions for gyno?

Hey, Dr.  FreakFest, we need a multimillion dollar Govt research grant to find answers! ;D
No problem getting volunteers here.

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 08:00:17 AM »

Neither if you want to get technical. Freakfest MD hit the nail on the head as usual. While Nandrolone IS a progestin, most of Deca's effects on cell growth come from non conventional means of antagonism of the ER and a strong one two punch to the Hypothalamus causing an imbalance of androgen's and estrogen's because of Nandrolone's strong action of reducing GnRH. Estrogen control is the key but aromatase inhibitors are pointless. You want protection? Take Nolvadex. This SERM is tried and true.

Prolactin is the chief hormone responsible for Galactorrhea. Prolactin has NOTHING to do with Nandrolone induced gynecomastia. So just as you said, Parlodel (Bromocriptine Mesylate) is pointless.