Author Topic: crazy strength but not enough size  (Read 2042 times)

tkav

• Getbig I
crazy strength but not enough size
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:46:14 AM »
in the past 8 weeks my incline bench went from using 180 for reps of 6-8 to using 315 for the same number of reps. ive had verry similar results with all of the other exercises that i do. the only thing is that ive only put on about 10 lbs bringing me up to 175( im only 5'7"). personaly i couldnt care less how mmuch i lifted if i was getting bigger but im just not. im getting at least 4500 kcal per day, over 300 grams of protien, and still not packing on the size the way i want to. all im doing right now i 600mg test enth and 300 mg eqipoise per week, any suggestions?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: crazy strength but not enough size
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 08:49:25 AM »
in the past 8 weeks my incline bench went from using 180 for reps of 6-8 to using 315 for the same number of reps. ive had verry similar results with all of the other exercises that i do. the only thing is that ive only put on about 10 lbs bringing me up to 175( im only 5'7"). personaly i couldnt care less how mmuch i lifted if i was getting bigger but im just not. im getting at least 4500 kcal per day, over 300 grams of protien, and still not packing on the size the way i want to. all im doing right now i 600mg test enth and 300 mg eqipoise per week, any suggestions?

::)

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:39:18 AM »
genetics

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 11:27:28 AM »

I'm not calling you a liar but a 135lb jump in weight on incline in 8wks is hard to believe. Not saying it's imposable but rare to make such a big jump.

As for your problem, you say that you're getting at least 4500kcl per day and 300g protein. Now, I ask, are you sure? Have you actually kept a log every day for a wk or 2 to see if the numbers are actually where you believe they are. The reason I ask is because so many guys say all the time, "man I must eat like 4 or 5000cal per day" this is bullshit, 9 out of 10 of them have no real clue how much they eat...they eat 3-4 meals per day and 2 of them are huge so they assume they are getting but loads of calories. True, they may be getting a lot of calories, but if it's spread over too few meals, then it's worthless.
Further, don't rely on just protein, you need fats in your diet to support your muscles as well, and if you're trying to grow, you need good stable carbs in your diet, things like brown rice, not pop-tarts.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 12:00:15 PM »
Not sure but whatever you're taking send it my way!!!

8)

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 01:57:13 PM »

I'm callin complete bullshit...There aren't many people doing 315 for 6-8 reps on the incline, let alone those that weigh 175. And your cycle is not that strong.....Prove me wrong and post a video....

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 02:01:53 PM »
hahahahahaha, 185 to 315 for the same reps on the incline in 8 weeks ;D

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 03:10:01 PM »
It sounds like your doing OK.  300 grams of protein for you weight is way more than enough, how man grams of carbs and fats are you taking in?  If your not gaining, its usually a genetic limitation or a food intake problem in my experience.

Like the others said, 185-315 in 8 weeks is over a 58% increase in strengh which although possible, would be on the very extreme, espeically considering your weight. 

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »
Whatever you re taking i have to try some!  :D

whitewidow

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 03:59:58 PM »
those are some pretty drastic strength increases ???

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 05:25:55 PM »
in the past 8 weeks my incline bench went from using 180 for reps of 6-8 to using 315 for the same number of reps.

I spent a few years working on a cattle farm in my teens and I know BULLSHIT when I see it!

tkav

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 07:12:17 PM »
my calories and protien are measured every day so im sure of how much im getting. as for the strength increase i am coming back from a bit of time off(6 months off untill jan this year) im still no where near the weight or strength i used to be at. as for the fats in my dies im not exactly sure, as for carbs i get 2 cups of oats, and one cup of brown rice per day. as for those requesting proof of the weight i bench as soon as i get back from vacation on the 21st i promise ill post either a pic series or if i can find a friend that has a video camera ill poast a vid of it. bottom line is that i dont care if im pressing 135, i just want to gain some weight. i am however picking up some growth and what for me is a large amount of test, p

whitewidow

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 07:37:40 PM »
my calories and protien are measured every day so im sure of how much im getting. as for the strength increase i am coming back from a bit of time off(6 months off untill jan this year) im still no where near the weight or strength i used to be at. as for the fats in my dies im not exactly sure, as for carbs i get 2 cups of oats, and one cup of brown rice per day. as for those requesting proof of the weight i bench as soon as i get back from vacation on the 21st i promise ill post either a pic series or if i can find a friend that has a video camera ill poast a vid of it. bottom line is that i dont care if im pressing 135, i just want to gain some weight. i am however picking up some growth and what for me is a large amount of test, p

OK thats not gaining. if you used to bench 305 natural and took a year off of lifting and now can just bench
180pds. then you do a cycle and get back up to 305pds. thats not gaining thats called muscle memory. what exactly were you benching before you stopped lifting?? also if you want to gain weight you might have to eat and drink more fluids the steroids will help push the extra protein and water into the muscle cells. eat more does not have to be too clean just eat, lift the heaviest weights you can with good form and dont do too much cardio if you dont gain doing all that then you have to be one serious hardgainer

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 08:58:28 PM »
10lbs in 8 weeks...and youre not happy with that?

eat mcdonaldsfor a few meals a day.....youll gain weight.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 10:16:59 PM »
10lbs in 8 weeks...and youre not happy with that?

eat mcdonaldsfor a few meals a day.....youll gain weight.
i'll second that...

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 06:43:58 AM »
haha I believe that incline increase ::)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 07:47:26 AM »
He's probably megadosing halotestin and cheque drops

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 08:58:42 AM »
Size is impressive if you have the strength to go with it. If what you say is true, I have one simple question.....how big is the guys back that is spotting you, because it sounds to me that he is doing bent over rows when spotting you. You truly could be telling the truth and I'm not one to call you a liar...but it seems extreme is all to do that big of a jump in weight.

I've always been to the school of lifting the weight right, and size will come...bodybuilders worry about building their bodies....weightlifters worry about lifting heavy weights.....

Don't worry about lifting heavy weight...unless thats what you are training for....size comes to those who are patient....injury comes to those who are impatient....you follow me....
Just spot me BITCH!!!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 09:10:04 AM »
Even if this does hold a thread of truth to it, I'd slow your roll down big boy before you end up with an injury. No way your connective tissue can adapt that fast to that kind of weight increase. I hope also, that you're not taking credit for a 315lb deadlift your partner is doing. If it's legit man that's badass! with strength there will come size. Strength always comes before size. I had one guy in the gym just the other day claiming a 400lb bench when all he did was lit it fall and rest on his chest and his partner deadlifted it up for him.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 12:47:37 PM »

You my friend are a liar.  Who are you trying to impress?