Author Topic: Next President: It will be a good one  (Read 1787 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Next President: It will be a good one
« on: April 11, 2007, 09:15:47 AM »
Romney, Edwards, Giuliani, Obama, Clinton...

Did I forget anyone?

When I look at the candidates for the coming election, no matter how you slice it, worst case scenario or whatever, the next president will be a good president.

Every single one of these 5 candidates are seasoned, and more importantly, they have competent people surrounding them. Giuliani sure knows how to run an office, since his time in NY, eg.

Really, whoever wins... It can't be a disaster. I can't say that I'm all gung ho for any of these blokes.

I mean, there's no Roosevelt among them exactly.

But any of them would do a good job, I'm sure of that. USA will be the world leader it needs to be again.

-Hedge

PS
Sorry McCain, but you're old and grumpy. :'(
As empty as paradise

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Re: Next President: It will be a good one
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:17:03 AM »
Yeah, you forgot the one that will win, McCain.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:18:40 AM »
Yeah, you forgot the one that will win, McCain.

Betting on McCain is like betting on Cubs winning the World Series. ;D

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:20:43 AM »
Betting on McCain is like betting on Cubs winning the World Series. ;D

-Hedge
Putting a black man and hillary clinton in your list is like taking the little league all stars to win the world series.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 09:27:03 AM »
Putting a black man and hillary clinton in your list is like taking the little league all stars to win the world series.

What do you think would be a problem with a black man as a president?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 09:34:08 AM »
What do you think would be a problem with a black man as a president?

-Hedge
Nothing actually, i'd vote for Colin Powell.   Obama will be viewed as not experienced enough and Hillary, well Hillary is just hillary.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »
Nothing actually, i'd vote for Colin Powell.   Obama will be viewed as not experienced enough and Hillary, well Hillary is just hillary.

My point is just that worst case scenario, for anyone, all these runners will have similar politics.

You don't see any Strom Thurmond or Jesse Jackson's in this crowd, ie no nightmares.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 09:39:57 AM »

Did I forget anyone?

When I look at the candidates for the coming election, no matter how you slice it, worst case scenario or whatever, the next president will be a good president.

Every single one of these 5 candidates are seasoned, and more importantly, they have competent people surrounding them. Giuliani sure knows how to run an office, since his time in NY, eg.

Really, whoever wins... It can't be a disaster. I can't say that I'm all gung ho for any of these blokes.

But any of them would do a good job, I'm sure of that. USA will be the world leader it needs to be again.

-Hedge

PS

I don't think most people are as optimistic as you seem to be. I see perhaps two candidates that are up to the formidable task of running this country after our current President leaves office.

Obama, Clinton, Romney and Giuliani are all but unelectable. It hasn't happened with Giuliani yet but it's going to, he's not fit to hold the Presidency. This race is between McCain and Edwards, at least that's my opinion. And of those two I'd chose McCain, although it's 8 years too late. He should have run in 2000 instead of being the good soldier and accepting the GOP's decision.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 09:41:01 AM »
My point is just that worst case scenario, for anyone, all these runners will have similar politics.

You don't see any Strom Thurmond or Jesse Jackson's in this crowd, ie no nightmares.

-Hedge
I dunno about one, Rudy.  I bet tons of stuff will come out of the closet about him such as affairs and things like that.
Does being Mayor of any city qualify you to be president?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »

Did I forget anyone?

-Hedge

PS

I think Hillary would be a disaster, but the others could probably do okay (meaning they wouldn't cause too much damage, except for raising my taxes).  I'm not crazy about any of them at this point.  I do want to hear what Romney has to say.  He's probably the dark horse.  Any Republican who can win a gubernatorial race in Massachusetts is probably a good candidate.   

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 10:42:34 AM »
yeah Obama is a good one, go to his website and he preaches about the parties getting along and working together, but when FOX invites him for a debate? Nah he will pass...
gotta love life

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
yeah Obama is a good one, go to his website and he preaches about the parties getting along and working together, but when FOX invites him for a debate? Nah he will pass...

What qualify's obama to be president?  Apparently one speech at the democratic convention
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 11:01:25 AM »
What qualify's obama to be president?  Apparently one speech at the democratic convention

lol.  That's about it.  The speech made him a movie star. 

But he does have some experience as a U.S. Senator and a state legislator. 

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 11:03:49 AM »
lol.  That's about it.  The speech made him a movie star. 

But he does have some experience as a U.S. Senator and a state legislator. 
Yet name one piece of legislation he has introduced, can't because he hasn't.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 11:06:57 AM »
Yet name one piece of legislation he has introduced, can't because he hasn't.

Good point.  I'd actually give him somewhat of a pass on that front because he's only about halfway through his term.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 11:10:19 AM »
LOL!  Until then, no one even heard of him. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 11:14:30 AM »

I agree, what kind of experieance does Obama have? Has not even finished up his 1st term.

I also see that Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson are being coy with Obama, but rest assured that is to lure in the whites that have suspicions, once Obama picks up more speed they will come together, it is going to hurt Clinton since Obama will be taking the black votes.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 11:15:46 AM »

I could be mistaken, ...but my understanding is he voted against going into Iraq in the first place, and he was one of the few who spoke on the floor against the destruction of habeas corpus.
w

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 11:23:48 AM »
I could be mistaken, ...but my understanding is he voted against going into Iraq in the first place, and he was one of the few who spoke on the floor against the destruction of habeas corpus.

Goodness, thats quite a resume.   Good as kerrys I suppose, he voted against the war....before he voted for it...before he voted against it......I forget, all that flip flopping confused me.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 11:43:11 AM »
Rednecks don't wont give Guliani the nod. I want Guliani to be president, despite his pledge to keep fighting in Iraq because I honestly think he'll be a good president.

I know handling NYC doesn't automatically mean he'll be a good president, but I think he will, due his stern but liberal nature.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 12:01:25 PM »

Yes you are mistaken.  He wasn't in the Senate when Congress passed resolutions overwhelming supporting the war in Iraq.  You're thinking of his comments as a state senator. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 12:10:05 PM »
Yes you are mistaken.  He wasn't in the Senate when Congress passed resolutions overwhelming supporting the war in Iraq.  You're thinking of his comments as a state senator. 

let's steal a line from cardio....BWAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAH, ;) What a dumb bitch Jag....
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 03:14:10 PM »
Goodness, thats quite a resume.   Good as kerrys I suppose, he voted against the war....before he voted for it...before he voted against it......I forget, all that flip flopping confused me.

You are very wrong, Terry.

Obama NEVER flipflopped on the war.  he's been against it from 2002 to the present.

If 'making up stories about how someone voted' is how you roll, so be it.  But for those of us based in reality, Obama never flipflopped.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 09:23:03 PM »

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification. I knew he was against it, I just assumed it translated into a vote.
w