Author Topic: Any puerto ricans..if so who is the best  (Read 1472 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Any puerto ricans..if so who is the best
« on: April 11, 2007, 11:58:46 AM »
the best salsa singer..

I grew up on Hector Lavoe...but i like Willie Colon y Ruben Blades...

anyone else like classic puerto rican music...

oh yeah...tito puente is es el dio

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: Any puerto ricans..if so who is the best
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »
This may seem pretty vanilla but I think Marc Anthony has the best overall voice. I like listening to a lot of India's stuff but her newer music I don't really like. That overdubbing shit gets old.
$

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 02:08:17 PM »
I don't know shit about Salsa, nor do I want to.

Puerto Rican women = nice.  8)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 04:48:33 AM »
Best singer of P.R. descent by far, but not salsa is Maxwell 8).

But I listen to Ibrahim Ferrer (Old ass Cuban dude), he is part of The Buena Vista Social Club and the Afro-Cuban Allstars. Far better than any of the current singers.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 06:52:12 AM »
Best singer of P.R. descent by far, but not salsa is Maxwell 8).

But I listen to Ibrahim Ferrer (Old ass Cuban dude), he is part of The Buena Vista Social Club and the Afro-Cuban Allstars. Far better than any of the current singers.

They are awsome..you know your shit. but i think maxwell is cuban...and actually Sammie davis JR might be the best cuban singer...And there is like one puerto rican group i liked thats pretty current..A group called DARK LATIN GROOVE. DLG...the lead singer is awsome. check them out

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 07:35:10 AM »
They are awsome..you know your shit. but i think maxwell is cuban...and actually Sammie davis JR might be the best cuban singer...And there is like one puerto rican group i liked thats pretty current..A group called DARK LATIN GROOVE. DLG...the lead singer is awsome. check them out

Maxwell's mother is Trini and his father P.R.

I first heard of The Buena Vista Social club and Afro-Cuban Allstars back in my senior yr in college. I was tired of hip-hop, and I saw a PBS special on them. Ibrahim was like 90+ yrs old :o. They are off the meter. I also started listening to a lot of Brazilian music, especially Brazilian Soul Grooves, this genre of Brazilian music is a Brazilian version of our 60's Motown Sound and funk, it is off the meter. I like listening to Bossa Nova songs as well.

I have to check out  Dark Latin Groove, thanks.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »
Maxwell's mother is Trini and his father P.R.

I first heard of The Buena Vista Social club and Afro-Cuban Allstars back in my senior yr in college. I was tired of hip-hop, and I saw a PBS special on them. Ibrahim was like 90+ yrs old :o. They are off the meter. I also started listening to a lot of Brazilian music, especially Brazilian Soul Grooves, this genre of Brazilian music is a Brazilian version of our 60's Motown Sound and funk, it is off the meter. I like listening to Bossa Nova songs as well.

I have to check out  Dark Latin Groove, thanks.

Dios mio es verdad...Lo siento..

Yeah i got intobossa nova when i was like 12...i learned to play the rythm on my drum set then...it was the toughest groove to  catch...

Ill tell everyone this...if you are having a bad day and a lot on your mind...play salsa music...u cant help but smile and be full of life

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 08:30:46 AM »
My Grandmother in law remember the Buena Vista Social club dudes from before Castro took over.
$

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 09:09:27 AM »
Dios mio es verdad...Lo siento..

Ill tell everyone this...if you are having a bad day and a lot on your mind...play salsa music...u cant help but smile and be full of life

Bebel Gilberto is the shit. Her remixes are like dream sequences, something that reminds you of rainy days with a beautiful woman.

My Grandmother in law remember the Buena Vista Social club dudes from before Castro took over.

Yeah, that was like in the 50's. These guys are like national treasures. I believe that the great Pianist Alex Rodriguez past, he was like 95 years old. And he was still playing better than most 20 yr olds.

Omara Portoundo has one of the most beautiful voices, she is true songtress. Her songs "La Senteira" (sp) and "Estabas Donde Tu" are hella good.