Author Topic: Gates announces longer tours in Iraq  (Read 1392 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Gates announces longer tours in Iraq
« on: April 11, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »
WASHINGTON - Beginning immediately, all active-duty Army soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan will serve 15-month tours — three months longer than the usual standard, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Wednesday.

"This policy is a difficult but necessary interim step," Gates told a Pentagon news conference.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070411/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/iraq_us_troops

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember... it's not just a job, it's an adventure!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Gates announces longer tours in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 01:28:22 PM »
wait, the kinda tour where you smile for the camera as 100 soldiers and a half dozen aircraft protect you?

or the kinda tour where you lose a limb and your country sends you to a shitty hospital to be neglected?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »
to be clear...

21k new men went, plus logistical support.

then (monday?) gates announced 10k more were going?

then today we hear everyone just got 3 more months there?

Wow, that sucks.  But I do appreciate their efforts everytime I fill my tank or check my GE stock, so you boys keep up the good work.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 01:40:58 PM »
How much longer before the fraggings start?

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 02:36:44 PM »
wait, the kinda tour where you smile for the camera as 100 soldiers and a half dozen aircraft protect you?

or the kinda tour where you lose a limb and your country sends you to a shitty hospital to be neglected?

Fool!  Behold what your folly has wrought.

Doom disapproves.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 02:48:45 PM »
Fool!  Behold what your folly as wrought.

Doom disapproves.

This Doom guy might just be audacious enough to take on that "war czar" job that no one else wants.  :)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 03:51:52 PM »

why do you worry, you aren't man enough to volunteer to do it anyway, so unless they draft your chicken ass you don't need to worry..."oh but I just care about the troops...I mean I want you to lose so I can call Bush a moron but really it is out of support for you..."
gotta love life

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 03:54:20 PM »
you aren't man enough to volunteer to do it anyway

He's not something enough.

But I don't know if it's "man".

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 03:59:26 PM »
He's not something enough.

But I don't know if it's "man".

no prob Ribo..you are welcome...keep having your opinions safe in SLC....I'll take care of your 6. As much as a poor loser I think you are, I would stand guard at your front door if I thought you were threatened
gotta love life

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 04:12:53 PM »
.keep having your opinions safe in SLC.... As much as a poor loser I think you are, I would stand guard at your front door if I thought you were threatened

If you see any of those Mormon missionaries coming, you may fire at will.  :)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 04:14:36 PM »
If you see any of those Mormon missionaries coming, you may fire at will.  :)

you know what is weird, in my 3+ years there I never had a missionary come to the door, I have been in Missouri for 2.5 now and have them monthly! WTF
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 10:31:58 PM »
why do you worry, you aren't man enough to volunteer to do it anyway, so unless they draft your chicken ass you don't need to worry..."oh but I just care about the troops...I mean I want you to lose so I can call Bush a moron but really it is out of support for you..."

LOL @ 'man enough' to volunteer to dodge bullets in the sand to keep gas prices down.

Hey, I'm not 'man enough' to scrub my own septic tank or carry my own garbage to a landfill - I pay people do do it. 

You have fun on your 17th tour.  I'll stay here and continue not being man enough.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 06:05:56 AM »
what i am writing is not about denigrating the us armed forces..since i was a member...but i read somewhere that during world war I--dupont chemical in wilmington was the sole manufacturer of powder used in the shells and ammo by our soldiers...in the four years of war they made profits ten times that of the 4 years preceeding the war (yes, i know the united states participation in the war was only roughly two years, but see, dupont sold to our allies and enemies alike)...I'm wondering how many billions halliburton and it's subsidiaries are making while this war drags on, and on and our military people are used as fodder and bled dry.  I can't believe there are still people out there, military included, that think this is some noble cause---from my recent stint in the service an E1 makes about 1100 dollars a month...and he is assuming all the risk with no reward while companies like Halliburton are raping and pillaging foreign countries, and our tax dollars alike---yet i still hear and read how this is such a wonderful endeavor for the world and for the united states. 

footloose and fancy free