Author Topic: fitness Q  (Read 1218 times)

dave-boy

• Getbig I
fitness Q
« on: April 11, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »
hi
i was just wondering if anyone can give me help on my fitness. i am a beginner in the fitness area and haven't ran in a long time due to injury and surgery on my foot. I need to get as fit as possible in less than 3 months for a fitness test which is to run 1 and a half miles in 11 mins 30 secs. it'lll be hard and im gonna try my best and i would like some advice on a trainin routine, please,

thanks
dave

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
Re: fitness Q
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »
go join a learn to run class....
Go Big Red!!!

bigjoex

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:43:28 PM »
dave boy a mile and a half in 11 mins 30 seconds is a joke.... i play alot of sports and i was still slow as shit i could of ran a mile in 8 mins and it would take 10 mins to run a mile and a half.... my coach gave made us do stairs, sprints, and jogs. the jogs were considered miles a day... the majoprity was 1-2 and a half miles and the rest was 5-10 lol... and now i run a 6 min mile from all of that the sprints jogs and stairs... so my best edvice is to do sprints jogs and stairs... BUT make sure you do them for a long time not like 1 sprint  1 mile and 2 mins on the stairs have fun and work hard at it. TRUST me it WORKS im in great running shape now and still big

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:36:14 PM »
i could of ran a mile in 8 mins and it would take 10 mins to run a mile and a half....

wow you really rip it up in that last 1/2 mile.
Go Big Red!!!

dave-boy

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 02:37:54 AM »
il try wat u say bigjoex. think its possible to do in less than 3 months. plus if my foot acts up and becomes painfull it may hinder my progress. il try to fight through any pain but im not sure if it will be good for the toe. doc says i can start runnin but he didnt say anything about if it hurts...

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 03:22:26 AM »
Here is a tip,  forget the class.  Force yourself to go to the gym everyday ( no skipping for even weekends ).

With my Job of programming sometimes I get into my work and skip the gym for several weeks.
This of course leaves me looking like most programmers ( either really fat, or really skinny ).

pick one of these machines ( stair machine,  elliptical, treadmill)
If you are still recovering from your surgary, I would recommend the ellipitcal first, as it would be a low impact on your joints.  If you are more out of shape and not injurred go right to the stair machine, or treadmill. 

The worst mistake people make is they decide they are going to do something without setting mental goals.  Tell yourself what you are going to achieve today.  Then push yourself to achieve it.  Set your goals to something very easy the first day.  Then every day after increment your goals to a level that exceeds the previous day.  After 90 days you should be able to do a 1.5 mile without any problems.  If you have any doubts take some ephedra the day of your test( not for your workouts! ), and you will beat it with flying colors. 

dave-boy

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 06:48:00 AM »
my test will be done outside so i will be trainin outside in the park. i can jog round the park and use the pitches to sprint and there are steps going down to the lake so i could sprint up them several times. this good? also i often get a stitch jus under the lower part of the ribcage. a fitness trainer said it was to do wit my breathin. any1 know anything about this?

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 09:47:56 AM »
wow you really rip it up in that last 1/2 mile.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA

Beat me to it.

4thAD

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 09:58:45 PM »
il try wat u say bigjoex. think its possible to do in less than 3 months. plus if my foot acts up and becomes painfull it may hinder my progress. il try to fight through any pain but im not sure if it will be good for the toe. doc says i can start runnin but he didnt say anything about if it hurts...

Bro Marines are trained in three months! They take recruits that are literally piles of shit and turn them into hard charging Marines in three months time. You should be able to run 6-10 miles in three months time. Start out with 11/2 mile run. You should run every other day. Gradually up your distance by 1/2 mile every 2 weeks. Also start increasing speed as your body adapts to the run. You need to put out and put out hard to run, don't cheat you self. If your not throwing up and puking you have no reason to stop running. Also carry water with you, and stay hydrated. Run in the morning if you can, after having a light breakfast. Avoid dairy products before your run and fatty foods. Digesting your food will take up lots of energy. Also enjoy your run, make it fun, pay attention to your surroundings, and soak up all the cool things going on around you. That will help take your mind off the pain.

dave-boy

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 02:02:01 PM »
been doin running a bit now but theres a problem. i keep getting the cramp or a stich just underneath the lower part of my ribcage on right hand side, sometimes the cramp is underneath the ribcage and sometimes its not i think then it might be part of my lats, i strech it but it dont work.. i try to fight past it as suggested but it becomes overwhelming and i cannot breathe properly so i must stop. any suggestions on the problem.

P.S. my test is for the military.