Author Topic: Because warrantless taps on phones and e-mails aren't enough to keep you safe  (Read 764 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Spy chief wants expanded powers
McConnell signals more aggressive posture on surveillance authority

President Bush’s spy chief is pushing to expand the government’s surveillance authority at the same time the administration is under attack for stretching its domestic eavesdropping powers.

National Intelligence Director Mike McConnell has circulated a draft bill that would expand the government’s powers under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, liberalizing how that law can be used.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18046106/

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Spy chief wants expanded powers
McConnell signals more aggressive posture on surveillance authority

President Bush’s spy chief is pushing to expand the government’s surveillance authority at the same time the administration is under attack for stretching its domestic eavesdropping powers.

National Intelligence Director Mike McConnell has circulated a draft bill that would expand the government’s powers under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, liberalizing how that law can be used.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18046106/

bad news post #178, good news post.........none yet
gotta love life

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
bad news post #178

I'm shocked, MM.

I thought you would hail this news as our wise and benevolent government's latest advance in protecting us from the Islamofascists - one whose power we can trust they would never ever misuse.

Maybe hanging out with us is doing you some good after all.  :)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
I'm shocked, MM.

I thought you would hail this news as our wise and benevolent government's latest advance in protecting us from the Islamofascists - one whose power we can trust they would never ever misuse.

Maybe hanging out with us is doing you some good after all.  :)

well I actually don't have a problem with it, I meant bad news in your eyes.
gotta love life