Author Topic: For those happy Don Imus is gone  (Read 3739 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: For those happy Don Imus is gone
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 11:51:42 AM »
believe me I'm in the military and I know what the game is, I'm just asking if that is right? why are there lines drawn on freedom of speach.

When you sign up for many jobs, there are ethics requirements.  A preschool teacher cannot be a stripper.  A cop cannot make rap records.  A politician cannot do racy standup comic routines. 

As a military man, you should know about them before you spout your racist garbage here.  We all know if you weren't anonymous you wouldn't say such things, for fear of losing your job.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 11:53:01 AM »
lol....I kind of like how everyone got fired up...but do I have the right to say that shit?

Yes, all day long. People also have the right to disagree with you.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »
believe me I'm in the military and I know what the game is, I'm just asking if that is right? why are there lines drawn on freedom of speach.
Dude there are no lines...freedom of speech means that you wont go to jail for what you say outside of a threat on someones life..freedom of speech dosent give you the right to be immune from your statements. Dude thats like someone saying "a black man shot someone blah blah" and then it not be true and you get called out on the lie and you say "hey dont jump on me i can say what i want to say because of my freedom of speech" the freedom is from the government, so they dont throw you in jail for bad mouthing the president. Dude i know you are smarter than that

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 12:15:43 PM »
Yes, all day long. People also have the right to disagree with you.

oh that is fine, and MM69 isn't "me"....I could tell stories that you wouldn't believe but that isn't my style
gotta love life

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 01:45:46 PM »
He should have been fired because he's not funny or entertaining.

Good point.

MSNBC needed a reason to get rid of him and he gave it to them.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 01:46:52 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot he has been in broadcasting since 1968 and all of a sudden created a frenzy, it's not like he did not say controversial stuff before this  ::)

Right.  He's not being fired because of this ONE incident, he's being fired because of the PATTERN.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 01:49:16 PM »
As a military man, you should know about them before you spout your racist garbage here.  We all know if you weren't anonymous you wouldn't say such things, for fear of losing your job.

Actually, he's safe there. 

The military harbors racists (MM isn't totally racist, I'm just saying that his words would not get him into any hot water at all).