Author Topic: For those happy Don Imus is gone  (Read 3786 times)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
For those happy Don Imus is gone
« on: April 12, 2007, 08:27:08 AM »
I'm sure as soon as CBS radio fires him, poor Don imus will go to satellite radio and make 100 to 200 million bucks just like Howard Stern and I for one hope he does and uses the words Nappy Headed Ho's daily.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: For those happy Don Imus is gone
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 08:34:25 AM »
I'm sure as soon as CBS radio fires him, poor Don imus will go to satellite radio and make 100 to 200 million bucks just like Howard Stern and I for one hope he does and uses the words Nappy Headed Ho's daily.

I think its total bullshit that he was fired...Trample ammendment number 1 please...that is so gay its not funny..but as for your prediction rooster...dont bet on it..he is done...the reason he is done with the morning show isnt because of a moral obligation by the management...it is 100% finincialy based...when the sponsors pull out he becomes a liability, no longer an asset. if it was based on morals he would have been fired when he said it.. but nbc waited for the sponsors to respond and..bada bing..no more money...your ass is out..
But for al sharpton to call for his firing is bull shit...he dosent speak for me. Mr. sharpton needs to tackle big issues like the lack of funding for innercity schools. Protest for some functional change...not because an old ass white man said nappy headed hoes..that means nothing to me.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 08:39:28 AM »

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 08:40:26 AM »
::)
???
i use gay like as in bad..its not cool but its tough to break

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 08:42:19 AM »

I think its total bullshit that he was fired...Trample ammendment number 1 please...that is so gay its not funny..but as for your prediction rooster...dont bet on it..he is done...the reason he is done with the morning show isnt because of a moral obligation by the management...it is 100% finincialy based...when the sponsors pull out he becomes a liability, no longer an asset. if it was based on morals he would have been fired when he said it.. but nbc waited for the sponsors to respond and..bada bing..no more money...your ass is out..
But for al sharpton to call for his firing is bull shit...he dosent speak for me. Mr. sharpton needs to tackle big issues like the lack of funding for innercity schools. Protest for some functional change...not because an old ass white man said nappy headed hoes..that means nothing to me.

Yeah when that MSNBC president was saying it had nothing to do with sponsors dropping the program, i was waiting on a lightning bolt to hit him.

Don will surface someplace but damnit i lost my favorite hour of TV in the morning before i head to the gym.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 08:57:07 AM »
Trample ammendment number 1 please...

WTF are you talking about?

This has nothing to do with the First Amendment. 

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 09:00:31 AM »
MSNBC should put Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson in Imus's slot and draw a ZERO rating.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 09:01:20 AM »

im talking as far as sharpton goes...If sharpton wants him to quit because he is upset at something imus said. than that in essense thats what he is doing, pero if someone can get fired because they said something that is deemed offensive...that goes against our rights as americans...now if sponsors pull out because of the negative pub assicoated with the person they are backin then that hurts the bottom line and the firing is a business decision.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 09:18:43 AM »

I don't know about that, if I wanted to say napppy.....headed.....ho es then I think I have the right to say it opinions cannot be considered defamatory. Nappy...ok....headed...o k...hoes...ok.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 10:02:55 AM »
im talking as far as sharpton goes...If sharpton wants him to quit because he is upset at something imus said. than that in essense thats what he is doing, pero if someone can get fired because they said something that is deemed offensive...that goes against our rights as americans...now if sponsors pull out because of the negative pub assicoated with the person they are backin then that hurts the bottom line and the firing is a business decision.

He certainly has the right to say what he said.

By choosing to exercise that right, he chose to accept whatever consequences that action might bring. 

His rights are being protected!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 10:05:33 AM »
I don't know about that, if I wanted to say napppy.....headed.....ho es then I think I have the right to say it opinions cannot be considered defamatory. Nappy...ok....headed...o k...hoes...ok.

He's an adult.  He made the choice to say what he did and by making that choice, he chose to accept the consequences of his own actions.

Why is it that so many of you feel that he doesn't have to be accountable for his actions? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
The reasons for his firing are ridiculous.  He's hired to be a shock jock and he says something purported to be shocking.  What a surprise.  Change the station if the talk is personally insulting.

He should have been fired because he's not funny or entertaining.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 10:12:18 AM »
He's an adult.  He made the choice to say what he did and by making that choice, he chose to accept the consequences of his own actions.

Why is it that so many of you feel that he doesn't have to be accountable for his actions? 

that all i been trying to say...it wasnt a moral thing for why he got fired...he ran away sponsors. bottom line.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 10:13:39 AM »
that all i been trying to say...it wasnt a moral thing for why he got fired...he ran away sponsors. bottom line.

Would those sponsors have pulled out if Sharpton hadn't created the media frenzy?  :-\

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 11:15:04 AM »
Would those sponsors have pulled out if Sharpton hadn't created the media frenzy?  :-\

Exactly

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »

you aren't that much of an idiot are you?
gotta love life

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 11:19:41 AM »

LOL @ the fact that you think Sharpton created the Frenzy..Imus Created he frenzy.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »
you aren't that much of an idiot are you?

u shittin me...you are the idiot that created a racist thread and then said it was only an attempt to test the boards response to free speech

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 11:24:51 AM »

LOL @ the fact that you think Sharpton created the Frenzy..Imus Created he frenzy.

Oh yeah I forgot he has been in broadcasting since 1968 and all of a sudden created a frenzy, it's not like he did not say controversial stuff before this  ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 11:25:09 AM »

u shittin me...you are the idiot that created a racist thread and then said it was only an attempt to test the boards response to free speech

lol....I kind of like how everyone got fired up...but do I have the right to say that shit?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 11:26:39 AM »
Imus is no longer a shock jock.  he is a political pundit with an edge.  What he said is how he feels - yes it was insulting, yes it was unacceptable by today's standards, and yes it cost him tens of millions of dollars.

Is it BREAKING NEWS worthy?  Hell no.  We're at 2 almost 3 wars.  Man screwed up and lost his job.  he apologized for a week straight and people are still talking shit.  Grow a set and deal with the fact there are racists in this world and this one just lost nearly everything for it.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 11:29:11 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot he has been in broadcasting since 1968 and all of a sudden created a frenzy, it's not like he did not say controversial stuff before this  ::)

he has said crazy stuff. but Sharpton didnt break the story...alls im sayin..lol ::)

lol....I kind of like how everyone got fired up...but do I have the right to say that shit?

yes you can say what you want and i love that about our country but you got to remember to know that you will be held accountable for certian statements. Dude you cant say..."all blacks stink" and when a black man questions you on it you say...im no racist because i have freedom of speech....dude it dosent work like that..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »
Imus is no longer a shock jock.  he is a political pundit with an edge.  What he said is how he feels - yes it was insulting, yes it was unacceptable by today's standards, and yes it cost him tens of millions of dollars.

Is it BREAKING NEWS worthy?  Hell no.  We're at 2 almost 3 wars.  Man screwed up and lost his job.  he apologized for a week straight and people are still talking shit.  Grow a set and deal with the fact there are racists in this world and this one just lost nearly everything for it.

BADA FUCKIN BING.
thats what im upset about....this is fuckin news...seriously...my bro is in danger of getting his head fuckin blown off because of a fucked up war...mr fuckin sharpton protest that..thats where all your energy needs to go..thats fuckin it...tackle the issue of underfunded inner city schools. or the email thing in the white house...not a white dude that said nappy headed hoes...give me a god damn break. Also i can almost gurantee that Dr King wouldnt have given 2 shits about this imus dude...he tackled big issues that changed society..not this load of crap

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 11:35:59 AM »
he has said crazy stuff. but Sharpton didnt break the story...alls im sayin..lol ::)

That's what I was saying

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 11:38:15 AM »

yes you can say what you want and i love that about our country but you got to remember to know that you will be held accountable for certian statements. Dude you cant say..."all blacks stink" and when a black man questions you on it you say...im no racist because i have freedom of speech....dude it dosent work like that..

believe me I'm in the military and I know what the game is, I'm just asking if that is right? why are there lines drawn on freedom of speach.
gotta love life