Author Topic: Does anyone know that Imus used to do a lot of good things?  (Read 3699 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Does anyone know that Imus used to do a lot of good things?
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »
I used to listen to him most mornings.  He has a ranch for children with cancer, and a whole line of non-chemical cleaners and foods.  He's spend years fighting for them to change what went into childrens' immunizations to prevent autism.  He also comforted hundreds of families losing children and has donated tens of millions of dollars to childrens illnesses.  He has held the hands of black children while they died of sickle cell illness.

So while his words were wrong, there will be a new void for good being done in the world.  The totality of this man's influence on the world - one rude sentence vs. a lifetime of serving hamanity.

Finally I would like every person who is still criticizing Imus - after he has apologized constantly - to tell us what THEY have done for children with cancer in their lifetimes.

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Does anyone know that Imus used to do a lot of good things?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:27:13 PM »
It is rather hypocritical to fire a shockjock for saying something shocking.  That being said, these guys in radio experience firings as a way of life.  He'll be back on the air in a few months.  Unless of course he croaks first.  I mean he looks pretty haggard for a man of 93.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 02:31:32 PM »
I used to listen to him most mornings.  He has a ranch for children with cancer, and a whole line of non-chemical cleaners and foods.  He's spend years fighting for them to change what went into childrens' immunizations to prevent autism.  He also comforted hundreds of families losing children and has donated tens of millions of dollars to childrens illnesses.  He has held the hands of black children while they died of sickle cell illness.

So while his words were wrong, there will be a new void for good being done in the world.  The totality of this man's influence on the world - one rude sentence vs. a lifetime of serving hamanity.

Finally I would like every person who is still criticizing Imus - after he has apologized constantly - to tell us what THEY have done for children with cancer in their lifetimes.

<gasp> buu...buut they musta been white kids so they dont count..

whitey is slowly but surely setting himself to be the next ' ni ggers' of America..turn the political bullshit tide NOW...before its 2 late..
carpe` vaginum!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 03:03:10 PM »
Sharpton has whined and played the race card for three decades, bro.. Imus can't touch that.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 03:19:23 PM »

he could have bashed jews, gays, muslims, mexicans etc...and nothing would have happened. He bashed the one "protected" race in america, blacks
gotta love life

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »

Hey 240, where did you get this information? This is news to me, I had no idea. I feel whats happening to him is harsh and hugely hypocritical. From the info about him you posted I sincerely hope the news media at least mentions this, highly unlikely though.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 03:37:07 PM »
They have mention what he has done.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 03:43:57 PM »
there is a fat black dood on cnn lou dobbs right now and he is ripping into blacks for making this the issue....he words" these young black women have been taught how to play the race card" by this episode..HE RIGHT

the other 2 blacks seem not to like this..
carpe` vaginum!

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 03:46:29 PM »

Your correct......but all those "warm and fuzzy" nice thing's, are negated by the terms... Hoe and Nappy.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »
Imus was on Larry King's show a few months ago, he talked about his ranch for children with cancer along with his non-chemical cleaning products line. He also talked about his donations and work toward autism.

With that being said, if a black person had said something along the same lines towards a white girls basketball team, I think the outcry would have been different. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are racists of the elite class until they start standing up for what's right amongst black people... and white people, and every other race in America.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson .

these 2 c unts

1) got called n igger 1 too many times in their young age
2) never got to bang a white girl without paying for it

=  bitter
carpe` vaginum!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 04:14:32 PM »
these 2 c unts

1) got called n igger 1 too many times in their young age
2) never got to bang a white girl without paying for it

=  bitter

I bet they both have a white women fetish, along with you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 08:27:51 AM »
  Hey 240, where did you get this information? This is news to me, I had no idea. I feel whats happening to him is harsh and hugely hypocritical. From the info about him you posted I sincerely hope the news media at least mentions this, highly unlikely though.

I have watched Imus for years, every morning on MSNBC. 

He spends half his year on this ranch (in new mexico i think).  He sues pharm companies and lobbies for them to remove ingredients that cause autism.  He has dozens of kids to his ranch each month to live as a cowboy once their illness is terminal.  He pays for everything, foots their medical bills often, and gives the families every amentity so they can spend the last weeks/months focusing on their kid, not the sad details. 

Not a word of this has been mentioned.  They show a mean old man.  They don't show the kids, but you see them on the show when they come on sometimes.  He had the $ to retire a decamillionaire 20 years ago.  instead he spends his years doing the show and working to expose pharmaceutical probs which hurt our kids, and raising money to help kids die with dignity and comfort their families.  But all we hear on tv is that he's a racist.  Yes, he made fun of some rough looking college female Bb players.  But he also did more to comfort families of poor dying black children than sharpton ever has :(

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »

It's not my nature to boast about the charity work I've done in my life.

I will have to politely decline your request. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 08:36:48 AM »
fair enough.  but he admitted he was wrong and apologized repeatedly, and he lost his job.

to kick him at this point, as they're doing on tv this morning, is overkill.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 08:58:52 AM »
Yeah this was hella gay and i already wrote a letter to sharpton....I cant believe that he had the nerve to say "we are not about downing imus, we are about uplifting decency" I almost punched my comp screen (but my knuckles are still healing from me punching the wall (brick)last week. Anyway...He can tackle so many issues..and if he is about uplifting decency...he can start with the Rap music (which i happen to like, but im going off principles now). Just be even... Its like this....blacks...we dont get big shit like public school funding but we dont fight for that...we fight for little shit...like an old ass white guy that says nappy headed hoes...its fuckin backwrds..Sharpton...wha t a fuckin opportunist

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 09:14:15 AM »
to kick him at this point, as they're doing on tv this morning, is overkill.

Have to agree.  They took away his reputation and his livelihood.  At this point, everyone's gotten their pound of flesh, so it's time to let him retire in peace.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 09:15:49 AM »
Have to agree.  They took away his reputation and his livelihood.  At this point, everyone's gotten their pound of flesh, so it's time to let him retire in peace.

Im gonna make it my resonsibility to bring down al sharpton....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 09:20:26 AM »
I think if he wants to, he'll rebound on a medium outlet, or maybe something bigger like Sirius.  He *was* the biggest political pundit to listen to until last week.  And the totality of his work - from helping thousands of children to exposing political stuff.

AND FOR THE TROOPS
Also - last year Imus did a HUGE fundraising effort to collect money for the military hospital in germany.  he visited the place with senators, donated millions of his own money, collected on his show, and gave it all to build a new fitness/rehab wing to it (what's that german hospital called - is that also walter reid?)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 09:20:43 AM »
 ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 09:22:40 AM »
I have watched Imus for years, every morning on MSNBC. 

He spends half his year on this ranch (in new mexico i think).  He sues pharm companies and lobbies for them to remove ingredients that cause autism.  He has dozens of kids to his ranch each month to live as a cowboy once their illness is terminal.  He pays for everything, foots their medical bills often, and gives the families every amentity so they can spend the last weeks/months focusing on their kid, not the sad details. 

Not a word of this has been mentioned.  They show a mean old man.  They don't show the kids, but you see them on the show when they come on sometimes.  He had the $ to retire a decamillionaire 20 years ago.  instead he spends his years doing the show and working to expose pharmaceutical probs which hurt our kids, and raising money to help kids die with dignity and comfort their families.  But all we hear on tv is that he's a racist.  Yes, he made fun of some rough looking college female Bb players.  But he also did more to comfort families of poor dying black children than sharpton ever has :(

A lot of this info. I didn't know about. I knew he had a ranch somewhere but I didn't know what purpose it served and I didn't know about the products he produced or the lawsuits against Pharm. companies. I'm guessing I'm not alone either, I would bet many people didn't know about the good work he does.

I'm starting to gain more respect for the guy, previously I had just thought he was a mini-Howard Stern. I wonder if Stern is as charitable as Imus is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 09:30:27 AM »
IMO, Stern is a pig compared to Imus.

Imus never does sex stuff.  He is all about political things and current events.  Yeah, he does get a tad borderline, but he is a 64-year old man and he is set in his ways.

The TOTALITY of the good he does, well it FAR outweighs this one comment.  The guy was notorious for calling out politicians on his show when they lied.  Some folks announced their presidential/congressional runs on his show.  He was a legit guy who cared.

And yeah - the guy dedicated his life to children.  Gave his whole financial empire to that ranch. He's loaded and donates everything he makes to that rance.  They have an Imus Foods line, they have all sorts of vacations, medical help packages, even scholarships I think.  It's an entity designed to outlive him and his wife, and continue helping kids for years to come.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 09:36:23 AM »

Im gonna make it my resonsibility to bring down al sharpton....

We'll need a replacement, you know.

I  just registered wakeupblackamerica.com - 240, would you like to build the new site?   :)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 09:59:47 AM »
IMO, Stern is a pig compared to Imus.

Imus never does sex stuff.  He is all about political things and current events.  Yeah, he does get a tad borderline, but he is a 64-year old man and he is set in his ways.

The TOTALITY of the good he does, well it FAR outweighs this one comment.  The guy was notorious for calling out politicians on his show when they lied.  Some folks announced their presidential/congressional runs on his show.  He was a legit guy who cared.

And yeah - the guy dedicated his life to children.  Gave his whole financial empire to that ranch. He's loaded and donates everything he makes to that rance.  They have an Imus Foods line, they have all sorts of vacations, medical help packages, even scholarships I think.  It's an entity designed to outlive him and his wife, and continue helping kids for years to come.

im almost 100% positive that the rainbow coalition or that other fool sharpton have done nothin of the sort....

and for you blacks that think im hating on my own race....save it...i just hate sharpton and jackson because they do nothing of function for us...

the new black leaders...oprah and bill cosby...and danny glover too...hes cool..

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
We'll need a replacement, you know.

I  just registered wakeupblackamerica.com - 240, would you like to build the new site?   :)

if someone would start a campaign to get back the hard work MLK did before his death, I would contribute money to something like that
gotta love life