Author Topic: List of fighters scheduled to participate in the Pride L.W. Grand Prix  (Read 2507 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Matt Hughes
Diego Sanchez
Luiz Buscape
Marcus Aurelio
Luis Azeredo
Gilbert Melendez
Joachim Hansen
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Mitsuhiro Ishida
Shin’ya Aoki
Hayato “Mach” Sakurai
Takanori Gomi

I am pretty skeptical about the UFC reps, but that's the buzz at the moment.  I personally would like to see Spencer Fischer or Roger Huerta in the mix as well.  Four spots remain since it is going to be a 16 fighter tournament over the span of May 20(Total Elimination), July 16(Critical Countdown), and September 30(Final Conflict).

Predictions
 40/61

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Matt Hughes
Diego Sanchez
Luiz Buscape
Marcus Aurelio
Luis Azeredo
Gilbert Melendez
Joachim Hansen
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Mitsuhiro Ishida
Shin’ya Aoki
Hayato “Mach” Sakurai
Takanori Gomi

I am pretty skeptical about the UFC reps, but that's the buzz at the moment.  I personally would like to see Spencer Fischer or Roger Huerta in the mix as well.  Four spots remain since it is going to be a 16 fighter tournament over the span of May 20(Total Elimination), July 16(Critical Countdown), and September 30(Final Conflict).

No way Dana risks a Matt/Matt match by having Matt Hughes potentially lose in the GP.  I'd send Fitch, Penn, GSP.  A Penn/Aoki match would be sick. 

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Penn/Pulver are out of the question since they are preparing to fight each other and won't risk injury. Sherk/Franca are slated to face each other also so that takes them out of the mix.  Nick Diaz is suspended, (I don't know if his suspension is valid in Japan though it would be safe to assume it is) Fitch would be a good candidate, I would like to see some 155lbers though, maybe Roger Huerta,Tyson Griffin,Frankie Edgar, Joe Stevenson, or Spencer Fisher.  (although I don't see any of the people I just named making it very far into the tournament)
Predictions
 40/61

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
wow sanchez and matt hughes are gonna fight in pride FC..this shit gotta be awesome
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Penn/Pulver are out of the question since they are preparing to fight each other and won't risk injury. Sherk/Franca are slated to face each other also so that takes them out of the mix.  Nick Diaz is suspended, (I don't know if his suspension is valid in Japan though it would be safe to assume it is) Fitch would be a good candidate, I would like to see some 155lbers though, maybe Roger Huerta,Tyson Griffin,Frankie Edgar, Joe Stevenson, or Spencer Fisher.  (although I don't see any of the people I just named making it very far into the tournament)

With Serra/Hughes tentatively scheduled in August, I doubt Matt will be in the GP. 

20inch calves

• Getbig V
With Serra/Hughes tentatively scheduled in August, I doubt Matt will be in the GP. 

that was the whole point for pierre losing wasn't it....so hughes could fight serra. i am really beginning the think the ufc is fixed.
irongearco.com

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
that was the whole point for pierre losing wasn't it....so hughes could fight serra. i am really beginning the think the ufc is fixed.

This isnt wrestling and I doubt very many of those guys that train day in and day out would take an extra 20,000 just to loose and get punched in the face... I think what happened is that GSP let his belt go to his head and didnt prepare for the fight that he got. You can never underestimate your opponent this fight is a prime example. Look at how GSP looked coming in to fight Hughes and then look at this fight. He lost straight up no rigging on this one in my opinion....

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Matt Hughes
Diego Sanchez
Luiz Buscape
Marcus Aurelio
Luis Azeredo
Gilbert Melendez
Joachim Hansen
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Mitsuhiro Ishida
Shin’ya Aoki
Hayato “Mach” Sakurai
Takanori Gomi

I second HUERTA! I'm a big huerta fan after watching his last few fights! That dude brings it! And apparently has a chin too after seeing a slow mo shot from the last fight where he took an awesome overhand right to his OPEN jaw and kept bringing it.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Damn, it's been postponed.
Predictions
 40/61