Author Topic: Is BB worth it?  (Read 5403 times)

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
Re: Is BB worth it?
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 12:50:14 AM »
"congential" my ass bitch!  massive amts of D-bol = enlarged heart! (hope this helps) - fucking idiot.....

Wrong.

His heart condition was the fact that he was born with a bicuspid aortic valve. This is a congenital deformity. His aortic valve had 2 cusps whereas normal people have 3 cusps. Anabolic steroids, if used in excessive amounts can cause enlargement and thickening of the left ventricle, causing it to lose its diastolic properties as the mass increases. It can't however cause you to somehow lose an aortic cusp.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 01:19:44 AM »
Parents pay for their kids to study in college, university and graduated with their respective fields but in the end, these people never applied what they've studied in their life. Instead, they venture into the world of drugs, insulin and synthol..

Take Ronnie, a graduate accountant but I think he still struggle to count his money.. I bet his mom had some resentment towards his son after all the money paid to college and Uni for Ronnie's studies gone into the drain.. Now the son end up with a Jeebus worshiper and dead tongue.
I am a mini beast

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 01:20:17 AM »
Wrong.

His heart condition was the fact that he was born with a bicuspid aortic valve. This is a congenital deformity. His aortic valve had 2 cusps whereas normal people have 3 cusps. Anabolic steroids, if used in excessive amounts can cause enlargement and thickening of the left ventricle, causing it to lose its diastolic properties as the mass increases. It can't however cause you to somehow lose an aortic cusp.

good job parrotting the "official story" of Arnold's heart surgery Wikibullshit man......

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 01:59:38 AM »
Well for legendary Lou Ferrigno,  bb has been the sure bet!!

everything he has he owns to BB,

he retired at age 24 after being top 3 in mr.O ,winning Universe twice-

did hulk tv series, traveled the world as a young dude, did the world strongest man comp in national tv too..
few movies (low budjet) but high pay checks in the 80's just because bb.

then got a HUGE amount of $$$ from Weider and came back in his 40's to compete mr.O and masters for 3 more years...

Today the true king of bb is pushing 60, gets Hollywood recognition, red carpet here and there is a world wide celeb,
many people around the globe still thinks he did better than Arnold in bb, specially when they see him popping around in tv serie's King of queens"

Stil look's like a real bb, no hair loss,no heart problems,no kidney failure, and you see him at the major shows,expos making few bucks while enjoying the bb life style.

Then you have  the rest of pro bb, who are just wasting money, health, and years from their lives as we speak.

You think that people think Lou did better then arnold because he's been on king of queens?! lol!.. Arnold at one point was the highest paid actor in Hollywood, he's a billionare, the gov of cali.. So i don't know where u come off sayin some bs like that? Did you just make that up?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 03:30:35 AM »
Of course it`s worth it,the problem is the idiots who read mags and think they can get to 280 pounds at 3 % bodyfat.

I`ve seen posts where guys say"I`m not gonna` compete until I weigh at least 270" !!

As far as looking like a 1970`s bodybuilder as someone mentioned above,good luck,not too easy a task for most trainees.

Do it for yourself and consider your own genetic limitations.

Here`s a couple of pics of me at 51 (I`ll be 52 in June), taken nine days ago at the NPC NY Metropolitans...I`m on the far left in the first pic,and 3rd. from the left in the second pic,obviously :) :

I`m not huge,but I`m in shape, and I train circles around most people 25-30 years younger than me.

Train hard,but keep it real and in perspective!!

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 03:46:12 AM »
good job parrotting the "official story" of Arnold's heart surgery Wikibullshit man......

Do you have any actual evidence Arnold Schwarzenegger's heart condition was caused by anabolic steroids or are you just spouting nonsense?

BTW, It's spelled "parroting".

Epic rationalization.

A genetic heart defect is all the more reason not to abuse steroids.  Not to mention all the recs Arnold was into.

People with bicuspid aortic valve's generally need surgery regardless. He would of had surgery in his 50's had he used steroids or not used steroids, marijuana or any other drugs for that matter. About 1-2% of the population has this defect and it's the second most common cause for heart surgery.

http://www.csmc.edu/3893.html

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 06:38:38 AM »
yes it is worth it to look bigger, better, and stronger than the average man

just don't let it run your life

E
E

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 06:45:34 AM »
My biggest concern with putting time into the gym is that ithe hard earned muscle doesn't stay. Every time I see a pic of a shrunken down pro at an expo the dagger goes in a little deeper. What is the point if you keep none of the muscle, some of these guys look like at best retired gym teachers. I can't understand why there isn't more research into how one can keep the muscle they earned.

I say until there is a way to keep it, it really becomes pointless and only a short term pursuit.

discuss

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 06:54:44 AM »
I would say that for a natural trainer the health benefits of training w/weights is definitely worth it.Pro bb'ing wise I have to say no.Disregarding the repercussions of using steroids at the pro level what does it give you?A trophy to place on the mantle w/little monetary reward unless your 1 of the handful of pros that will win the mr O or the Arnold classic.
BTW if your using weights to get buff just to impress women then I feel you should get another hobby.If a lady doesn't like your personality when you have a normal physique I doubt your personality will impress them w/new found muscle.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 07:18:29 AM »
You think that people think Lou did better then arnold because he's been on king of queens?! lol!.. Arnold at one point was the highest paid actor in Hollywood, he's a billionare, the gov of cali.. So i don't know where u come off sayin some bs like that? Did you just make that up?

read again mate, everyhting Lou has it's from bb alone.

so for him  bb was and still is worthy.

Arnold has done a lot of stuff outside bb to be where he is yet he has been under the knife several times allready.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 07:25:38 AM »
Of course it`s worth it,the problem is the idiots who read mags and think they can get to 280 pounds at 3 % bodyfat.

I`ve seen posts where guys say"I`m not gonna` compete until I weigh at least 270" !!

As far as looking like a 1970`s bodybuilder as someone mentioned above,good luck,not too easy a task for most trainees.

Do it for yourself and consider your own genetic limitations.

Here`s a couple of pics of me at 51 (I`ll be 52 in June), taken nine days ago at the NPC NY Metropolitans...I`m on the far left in the first pic,and 3rd. from the left in the second pic,obviously :) :

I`m not huge,but I`m in shape, and I train circles around most people 25-30 years younger than me.

Train hard,but keep it real and in perspective!!

You're 51?  No offense, but you look like you're over 60.  For how many decades have you been juicing?
w

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 08:17:55 AM »
I figured you`d have a negative comment Yosemite!! LOL  :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 08:23:52 AM »
you look great there Wes.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 08:25:22 AM »
My biggest concern with putting time into the gym is that ithe hard earned muscle doesn't stay. Every time I see a pic of a shrunken down pro at an expo the dagger goes in a little deeper. What is the point if you keep none of the muscle, some of these guys look like at best retired gym teachers. I can't understand why there isn't more research into how one can keep the muscle they earned.

I say until there is a way to keep it, it really becomes pointless and only a short term pursuit.

discuss

I agree on the last part

There is no solution to keep the size other than staying on the drugs obviously, like I said before: in ONE AND THE SAME (so dont 'compare') individual the size will be almost directly correlated with drug doses

It's exact mathematics if you will

This ofcourse assuming that everything else (training, nutrition, etc) is all optimal too, before the guy who says he's bigger on lower doses goes at it again  ;D

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 08:25:56 AM »

Good stuff bro.

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2007, 08:27:06 AM »
Anything is worth it if their is love

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2007, 08:28:02 AM »
I figured you`d have a negative comment Yosemite!! LOL  :)

Does no one want to do battle any more!?  You do look good.  

To answer the original question, BB is worth it if the activity itself fullfils you and brings you joy.  If, however, you believe that body building is a path to wealth, fame, respect, admiration, etc., then no it's not worth it, becasue bb'ing brings none of those things.
w

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2007, 08:34:02 AM »
Does no one want to do battle any more!?  You do look good.  

To answer the original question, BB is worth it if the activity itself fullfils you and brings you joy.  If, however, you believe that body building is a path to wealth, fame, respect, admiration, etc., then no it's not worth it, becasue bb'ing brings none of those things.

Nice post, well said.

BB is not for everyone. 

I was bitten by the iron-bug about ten years ago.  I hope i can train into old age. 

i love the gym and the feel of the steel in my hands. it is a personal journey for me and i try not to compare my physique to others.

i want to live by the philosophy of being content with the person you are.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2007, 08:54:47 AM »
Thanks Dave..........Yemini`s cool,he just likes busting balls!!

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »
Explain the guy on the far left. Was he in the crowd and just pull his clothing off and jump on stage? wtf? I don't understand that mindset.

Nevermind that dude....what's with the guy in the middle??? Is he squeezing out a turd or something??? What kind of relaxed pose is that??

To the gentleman who posted the pic, you look great!!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
Explain the guy on the far left. Was he in the crowd and just pull his clothing off and jump on stage? wtf? I don't understand that mindset.

He's mentally challenged and competes in the NY area for the love of it.  He's a crowd favorite...they go NUTS when he does his routine.

WES....looking awesome!   ;)
:)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2007, 12:23:54 PM »
You're 51?  No offense, but you look like you're over 60.  For how many decades have you been juicing?
do you know anyone over the age of 40 honestly. He certainly don't look young for his age but he ain't old looking.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
Thanks for all the kind comments!!

garraeth,I love the training with Milos threads,good stuff.............been doing Giant-Sets for years personally, just not as many exercises as you guys do.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2007, 01:12:09 PM »
and what about fighters, rugby, american football, cyclists, powerlifters etc... They too go for drugs... Is it worth it??
S