Author Topic: Brownie,,,Chertoff,,,...helluva of a job...  (Read 1096 times)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Brownie,,,Chertoff,,,...helluva of a job...
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:56:23 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18084847/

As many as 6 million prepared meals stockpiled near potential victims of the 2006 hurricane season spoiled in the Gulf Coast heat last summer when the Federal Emergency Management Agency ran short of warehouse and refrigeration space, according to agency officials.

In all, hundreds of truckloads of food worth more than $40 million are being thrown away or scavenged for unspoiled contents to be offered to domestic hunger-relief groups, FEMA officials said. Most of the meals were commercial versions of the military's Meals Ready to Eat, which were ruined despite being engineered to withstand the demands of desert and jungle climates.

footloose and fancy free

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Brownie,,,Chertoff,,,...helluva of a job...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:21:31 AM »
Walmart had better population support infrastructure in place than the federal govt.

Walmart trucks full of water and food arrived days before the fema trucks delivered the food to the wrong places.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 10:28:11 AM »
The lesson today kids is don't depend on the federal government to save you in times of need...stockpile canned food, buy a generator, and pray that you don't get plastered by any natural disaster or the federal govt will strand you, your insurance company will f**k you, and you'll be sleeping in a gymnasium ala Revenge of the Nerds.
footloose and fancy free

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:29:28 AM »
Were it not for those "Christian Zealots" who stepped up to the plate and helped take care of the folks in Louisiana and Mississippi, it would have just been outright ugly.  

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 12:00:37 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18084847/

As many as 6 million prepared meals stockpiled near potential victims of the 2006 hurricane season spoiled in the Gulf Coast heat last summer when the Federal Emergency Management Agency ran short of warehouse and refrigeration space, according to agency officials.

In all, hundreds of truckloads of food worth more than $40 million are being thrown away or scavenged for unspoiled contents to be offered to domestic hunger-relief groups, FEMA officials said. Most of the meals were commercial versions of the military's Meals Ready to Eat, which were ruined despite being engineered to withstand the demands of desert and jungle climates.

and libs want the government to attempt running a health care system? scary if you ask me
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 01:40:01 PM »
Were it not for those "Christian Zealots" who stepped up to the plate and helped take care of the folks in Louisiana and Mississippi, it would have just been outright ugly.  

You mean the ones who refused to serve donated water because it came from a company that sold alcohol?  ::)
...the ones who preferred to see people dying of dehydration, rather than drink water that came in a container with a beer company logo on it? Are those the "Christian Zealots" to which you refer?

I guess I can't stop thinking about how LESS ugly the situation would have been had they simply allowed the Canadians (who btw where the first to respond) to do something rather than turning them away.

I can't say I think ALL of Bushes decisions were bad though. Had he accepted Hugo Chavez' offer to flood the US market with fuel, ...you might not have had to endure $3/gallon gas, and the attendent inflation as a result.  :D
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 01:45:23 PM »
The lesson today kids is don't depend on the federal government to save you in times of need...stockpile canned food, buy a generator, and pray that you don't get plastered by any natural disaster or the federal govt will strand you, your insurance company will f**k you, and you'll be sleeping in a gymnasium ala Revenge of the Nerds.

I rather agree. Due to my hurricane prone locale, I am like a fanatic, I always stockpile long lasting food, bottled water, tarpaulins,have a generator and also contingency plans. Here, we don't even have the option to truck in food/water, so we have double the reason to be ready.

You mean the ones who refused to serve donated water because it came from a company that sold alcohol?  ::)

That was just stupid.