Author Topic: Lawyer: Rove didn't mean to delete email  (Read 884 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Lawyer: Rove didn't mean to delete email
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »
Lawyer: Rove didn't mean to delete email

Karl Rove's lawyer on Friday dismissed the notion that President Bush's chief political adviser intentionally deleted his own e-mails from a Republican-sponsored computer system... The attorney said Rove believed the communications were being preserved in accordance with the law... Any e-mails Rove deleted were the type of routine deletions people make to keep their inboxes orderly, Luskin said. He said Rove had no idea the e-mails were being deleted from the server, a central computer that managed the e-mail.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070413/ap_on_go_pr_wh/fired_prosecutors

---------

Are we politicizing *tidiness* now?!  >:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Lawyer: Rove didn't mean to delete email
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:38:29 PM »
Deleting them from your inbox now deletes them from all archived tape and digital backups, huh?

Sounds like the lawyer didn't talk to the network administrator before talking.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »
Deleting them from your inbox now deletes them from all archived tape and digital backups, huh?

Sounds like the lawyer didn't talk to the network administrator before talking.

Sounds like they are digging a even bigger hole for themselves

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 01:00:45 PM »
My wife - who, as you can imagine, gets a bellyful of this kind of stuff from me  :) - impatiently told me to get to the point of my rantings about the Karl Rove e-mail situation.

I summarized it thus...

"Imagine what a bunch of hardball white-collar crooks must be running things at the Republican National Committee. And even they were so freaked out by how criminal Karl Rove was getting that they took uniquely special steps to remove his ability to delete his e-mails - in expectation of the day when they would have to cover their asses under oath before a full-blown, all-day live-TV coverage on the major networks, Watergate-style hearing."

I'm starting to dare hope that 2007 may be remembered by Bush-haters the way 1986 is remembered by Mets fans.  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:02:19 PM »
Sounds like they are digging a even bigger hole for themselves

Rather fitting don't you think, ...considering their story is nothing but an IED... Improvised Explosive Device.

I predict that there's going to be a huge explosion once those emails see the light of day,

...either that, ...or there will be another breakin, and those who archived Rove's RNC emails will suddenly disappear
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 01:05:25 PM »
My wife - who, as you can imagine, gets a bellyful of this kind of stuff from me  :) - impatiently told me to get to the point of my rantings about the Karl Rove e-mail situation.

I summarized it thus...

"Imagine what a bunch of hardball white-collar crooks must be running things at the Republican National Committee. And even they were so freaked out by how criminal Karl Rove was getting that they took uniquely special steps to remove his ability to delete his e-mails - in expectation of the day when they would have to cover their asses under oath before a full-blown, all-day live-TV coverage, Watergate-style hearing."

I'm starting to dare hope that 2007 may be remembered by Bush-haters the way 1986 is remembered by Mets fans.  :)

Possibly, ...or it could simply be one great big game of chess. 
Covering your ass while creating a little leverage down the road?  ???
Seeing how they operate, I put nothing past them.
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 01:29:34 PM »
Whats going on?  I haven't watched any news in a few days...
S