Author Topic: someone with a bank balance of over $5 dollars answer this..  (Read 3387 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
someone with a bank balance of over $5 dollars answer this..
« on: April 13, 2007, 03:58:57 PM »
ok i've looked into money market accounts, cd's, annuities, etc.

i put a couple dollars into some cd's (by a couple, i mean a couple), i'll probably open a min balance mma during the week sometime (external account transfers take a few days)...

anyways, is there some no risk place i could put my money in , in addition to those two above, that'll give me a better than around 6 percent return?

thanks cocques.
Deep Tissue Massage

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Re: someone with a bank balance of over $5 dollars answer this..
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 04:49:10 PM »
Drug dealing is always a money maker that will yield a 50% rate of return.  I would concentrate on doing 2 or 3 BIG deals a year.  Other than that there are some startup banks that offer 6% CD's @ 18 months.  Basically it takes money to make money.  I say take a chance in the drug trade and if you get by with it for awhile you can gain a substantial lump sum which you can then use for legit purposes. 

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:59:41 PM »
Money markets...for more serious info, go to a financial planning course at your local community college

or read a Venita Van Caspel book, dated but still great info
X

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »
Drug dealing is always a money maker that will yield a 50% rate of return.  I would concentrate on doing 2 or 3 BIG deals a year.  Other than that there are some startup banks that offer 6% CD's @ 18 months.  Basically it takes money to make money.  I say take a chance in the drug trade and if you get by with it for awhile you can gain a substantial lump sum which you can then use for legit purposes. 

What kind of drug trade? Heavy narcotic or prescription?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 05:20:14 PM »
What kind of drug trade? Heavy narcotic or prescription?

lol...well any that you can make good money on.  The key is to basically be the middle man.  If I lived in a heavily wooded environment in a poor county that has like a police force of 5 and no helicopters and such, I would grow about 100 MJ plants.  Pure profit basically.  Clip the buds at harvest and sell it all at one time.  Nickel and dimers get busted and they will always snitch.  Never have anyone work under you. Only trust that one special person once a year.  This is all hypothetical of course.  Truth is the american dream is for the already well off.  regular blue collar folks, and hell... now most white collar, will never have a kick ass inheritance to count on ya know.  Sure we may be able to pay the bills but i would like to think there is more to this existence than just paying the bills.  IT boils down to one thing really.  Are you prepared to take the risk?  Personally I am not.  But no one can deny that if you want fast money drugs is on the top of the list. 

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 07:20:04 PM »
well i could go break parking meters or hold up a bank for quick cash with some risk.

however, that was not the point of my question.
Deep Tissue Massage

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 07:46:01 PM »
fixed rate anything from the bank or your local scottrade is a good start.

if you have skill anywhere, put the $ and a little sweat equity into things and cash in.

be careful with the dow.  everything but the number itself says its in terrible shape.  it just takes on brick to loosen before that damn breaks.  war ends, DOW collapses. watch and see.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 07:48:09 PM »

damn, 1,25$ ....... oh well, next time  :-[
are you delusional?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 03:50:13 AM »
lol...well any that you can make good money on.  The key is to basically be the middle man.  If I lived in a heavily wooded environment in a poor county that has like a police force of 5 and no helicopters and such, I would grow about 100 MJ plants.  Pure profit basically.  Clip the buds at harvest and sell it all at one time.  Nickel and dimers get busted and they will always snitch.  Never have anyone work under you. Only trust that one special person once a year.  This is all hypothetical of course.  Truth is the american dream is for the already well off.  regular blue collar folks, and hell... now most white collar, will never have a kick ass inheritance to count on ya know.  Sure we may be able to pay the bills but i would like to think there is more to this existence than just paying the bills.  IT boils down to one thing really.  Are you prepared to take the risk?  Personally I am not.  But no one can deny that if you want fast money drugs is on the top of the list. 

Very well written :D I laughed my ass off :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 01:09:40 PM »
hahaha i remember the days, i was 18 or 19, when i'd have $19 on my bank balance.  funny funny stuff.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 02:28:25 PM »
well gents, a quick update.

i put a little more money in some CD's and opened a MMA (nothing major).

I have a 2 apt building in the ghetto that's been ravaged by the "residents".

I'm gonna borrow some cash from my old man to remodel it, should cost me under 15k to bring it back to livable condition.  for about 10k, i could convert the basement into another apt.

after it's all done, i should get a positive cash flow of somewhere between 500 to 1300 a month (depending on rent and if i do the basement option).
Deep Tissue Massage

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 05:00:50 AM »

I'm gonna borrow some cash from my old man to remodel it, should cost me under 15k to bring it back to livable condition.  for about 10k, i could convert the basement into another apt.

after it's all done, i should get a positive cash flow of somewhere between 500 to 1300 a month (depending on rent and if i do the basement option).

sell the digs - get enough cash for a heavy drug regimine, an try and win a local bodybuilding show, then you will have my respect ;D

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »

It's a buyers market now. Not the worst idea. If your young some high risk stocks are also worth a shot.
Money you can afford to lose. Return can be mindblowing. So can loss. Precious metals, tech,  you name it.

Filling those Appts w/  peeps that are on Govt assistance is a guaranteed monthly check. But they are hard on the places and will waste heat & water and anything they can. But they are a better payoff than the neighborhoods working-poor trash that will stick you for the  rent. There may be many a incentive/ loan program in bad areas.  For people w/ some money this real estate market is a dream. Be picky and negotiate. Walk out if need. There are more.