Author Topic: 150 Regent grads in the Bush administration?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!  (Read 18056 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Edit: I-One just came in and ruined our Kodak moment here >:(

Smile and say Cheeeeez........ ;D

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Thats nice to hear, seriously. Btw, I never call anyone bad names anyway.

That's the spirit Beachbum!

Edit: I-One just came in and ruined our Kodak moment here >:(

Btw, I never call anyone bad names anyway.

oh so now you are better than me?
gotta love life

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Btw, I never call anyone bad names anyway.

oh so now you are better than me?

You are kind of aggressive aren't you?

You said you promise to lay off name calling, I pointed out I dont call people names anyway, as in you'll have no problems from me. That simple, calm down. You need to relax, I highly recomend a vacation on a Caribbean beach resort 8)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
You are kind of aggressive aren't you?

You said you promise to lay off name calling, I pointed out I dont call people names anyway, as in you'll have no problems from me. That simple, calm down. You need to relax, I highly recomend a vacation on a Caribbean beach resort 8)

lmao, you took that seriously? I was fooling because earlier I had said what fun would it be to play nice...I am a little agressive on here. No one here would ever pick me out of a crowd in real life. My personailty is about as laid back as possible. This is a fun place to play the mean guy from time to time
gotta love life

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
lmao, you took that seriously? I was fooling because earlier I had said what fun would it be to play nice...I am a little agressive on here. No one here would ever pick me out of a crowd in real life. My personailty is about as laid back as possible. This is a fun place to play the mean guy from time to time

hehe, whoops, sorry :-[

Bear with me, english is not my native language so sometimes subtle humor/posts are lost on me.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
hehe, whoops, sorry :-[

Bear with me, english is not my native language so sometimes subtle humor/posts are lost on me.

in real life you would have known, It is hard to pick up on a person't intent by reading...hard to convey things sometimes
gotta love life

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Bill Mahar and Ariana Huffington are synonomus with idoitism and the anti-american, pro-communtist, George Soros, Hollywood left moral losers that they are!

what no Rush transcripts?

could you possibly be any more of a caricature of a right wing tool?

Mr. Intenseone

what no Rush transcripts?

could you possibly be any more of a caricature of a right wing tool?

Could be worse, I could be getting my info from the "Huffington Post"............BTW, when even I post conservative views on there they promptly get deleted........so much for the Libs freedom of speech.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Could be worse, I could be getting my info from the "Huffington Post"............BTW, when even I post conservative views on there they promptly get deleted........so much for the Libs freedom of speech.

If your posts on that site are anything like the ones on this site then I can see why they would be deleted.  You don't present a conservative point of view you just post shit like this

Bill Mahar and Ariana Huffington are synonomus with idoitism and the anti-american, pro-communtist, George Soros, Hollywood left moral losers that they are!

How does this contribute to any conversation.  Why don't you try presenting something that's actually relevent and backing it up with some sort of intelligent argument.   Or in lieu of an intelligent argument, how about any argument rather than just constant name calling.    If you did that people might take you more seriously

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
in real life you would have known, It is hard to pick up on a person't intent by reading...hard to convey things sometimes

Yes, thanks, I am a bit less obtuse offline :D

Mr. Intenseone

How does this contribute to any conversation.  Why don't you try presenting something that's actually relevent and backing it up with some sort of intelligent argument.   Or in lieu of an intelligent argument, how about any argument rather than just constant name calling.    If you did that people might take you more seriously

Because like Rush............I'm right :D!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Because like Rush............I'm right :D!!

It's apparent you think you're right but the way you present yourself does nothing to convince anyone else that you're right.    Do you not see that?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
point taken, I don't know much about the rating system, but does thier newness bring the rating down?

To be honest I don't know but the point remains, it's a terrible law school. The age of the school does not matter, and to be honest bringing the topic up sounds like excuse making.

The fact is the school is ranked at the absolute bottom of the rankings. It's a terrible law school and 150 of it's graduates are in this administration along with one of it's deans running the whole HR departmant of the Executive Branch.

As I said in another post, there's no way to sugarcoat the fact that this administration has hired 150 graduates of one of the worst law schools in the US.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
To be honest I don't know but the point remains, it's a terrible law school. The age of the school does not matter, and to be honest bringing the topic up sounds like excuse making.

The fact is the school is ranked at the absolute bottom of the rankings. It's a terrible law school and 150 of it's graduates are in this administration along with one of it's deans running the whole HR departmant of the Executive Branch.

As I said in another post, there's no way to sugarcoat the fact that this administration has hired 150 graduates of one of the worst law schools in the US.

wait, how do you KNOW how "terrible" it is. And if the age of the school has a play in the rating system then yes it does matter. You think when Harvard was created it was the best school in the nation on day one?
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
So I looked at the top 21 USA today ranked law schools. All but 4 (Duke, UCLA, USCG, Chicago) were started in the 1800s, of the 4 that were started after 1900, UCLA is the oldest at 1949. Of the 21 schools only 6 had higher LSAT requirements for Admission (North Western, Columbia, NYU, Stanford, Harvard and Yale). From the numbers I would have to think age of school plays a big role in ratings. Regent only has 20 years under it's belt. So why is it you think it is such a bad school?
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
I know because US News & World Report publishes THE ratings for institutes of higher education in the US. And it's been doing it for a long time. They have strict guidelines for their ratings, most everyone that can choose between colleges uses the ratings from US News to help make that decision. At least up here they do.

Especially for graduate level programs. Making the top of the list is highly coveted by colleges and universities.

I know you're trying to cast doubt on the ratings but you won't succeed. I would bet my life on the fact that Regent wants to be higher on the list.

Read that article from The Boston Globe that I posted earlier.

Since you're making the assertion that the age plays a role perhaps you could find some proof of this. If you can't all you're doing is diverting attention.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
I know because US News & World Report publishes THE ratings for institutes of higher education in the US. And it's been doing it for a long time. They have strict guidelines for their ratings, most everyone that can choose between colleges uses the ratings from US News to help make that decision. At least up here they do.

Especially for graduate level programs. Making the top of the list is highly coveted by colleges and universities.

I know you're trying to cast doubt on the ratings but you won't succeed. I would bet my life on the fact that Regent wants to be higher on the list.

Read that article from The Boston Globe that I posted earlier.

Since you're making the assertion that the age plays a role perhaps you could find some proof of this. If you can't all you're doing is diverting attention.

I am sure they want to be higher and I bet someday they will be. You don't think that having 17 of the top 21 schools being founded in the 1800s shows how age plays a role? But what do you have that shows that Regent is a bad school? And also, their admission requirements were higher than 15 of the top 21 schools..
gotta love life

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
shut up loser....I am happy to see you post a stat for the first time ever. And I am glad you turn to a comedian as your news source. Who is your other? John stewart?

So is the information bogus or not?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV

So is the information bogus or not?

the fact that 150 were hired? I think it is true, but I am trying to find out why it is such a big deal....
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
the fact that 150 were hired? I think it is true, but I am trying to find out why it is such a big deal....

mm69,

The beef here - and as an independent I think you would be upset too - is that the party in power is bringing in barely qualified people because of their religious beliefs and skill in changing the law to reflect their own religious belief.

It's mixing church and state. 

And if you're okay with it, then please tell the class you'd be okay with President Barrack Obama putting in 150 barely skilled lawyers who just happened to study Isalamic law in Saudi Arabia and Syria.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
mm69,

The beef here - and as an independent I think you would be upset too - is that the party in power is bringing in barely qualified people because of their religious beliefs and skill in changing the law to reflect their own religious belief.

And if you're okay with it, then please tell the class you'd be okay with President Barrack Obama putting in 150 barely skilled lawyers who just happened to study Isalamic law in Saudi Arabia and Syria.

Damn 240... you not with the GOP no more.... :(

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
mm69,

I never said I was ok with it, I am just trying to find more info about it. And tell me that a Dem won;t try to place Lib lawyers? Again I am neither ok or not ok at this point. Just want to know more. Like I said, If these 150 people make up like 5%, no big deal. If they are 15-20%, then wait a minute. The constitution never said you can't mix church and state, it just said the government can't dictate which religion one will follow.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't know of any laws that have been made establishing religion. I have seen a lot of attempt to prohibit the free exercise though, like making prayer illegal in schools
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

He didn't leave the GOP, ...the GOP left him.  :P

Berserker once called it 'Invasion of the bodysnatchers'  ;D
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
He didn't leave the GOP, ...the GOP left him.  :P

Berserker once called it 'Invasion of the bodysnatchers'  ;D

Is this place always this hopping on a sunday, this is my first weekend on here, will be the last to until my next TDY in July
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

I *AM* with the GOP.

And if more republicans were willing to admit the flaws and wrongdoings, we'd stop doing it, and the party would stop losing ground, which it did in 2006 and will in 2008.

You see, folks like Beach bum who blindly defend outright crimes and lies by republicans are BAD for the party.  They cost it credibility.  Would you trust beach Bum in real life if he told you anything?  hell no, not after he's defended Gonzalez nonstop in the face of obvious lies.

When 240 says something positive about the republican party, it holds a lot more weight and credibility, because you have heard 240 be outright honest about the party's flaws.

Look at it this way - which is the better parent...

Parent A:
The one who believes they kid does no wrong, doesn't punish them, doesn't discipline them, and blames every other kid on the block for what their kid does, or

Parent B:
The one who spanks their kid's ass when he's bad, makes him admit wrongdoing, and teaches him right from wrong?