Author Topic: A Tale of Two Houses  (Read 1278 times)

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
A Tale of Two Houses
« on: April 14, 2007, 06:05:40 AM »

House #1 is a beautiful 20 room mansion (not counting 8 bathrooms) in the American South.  It also includes a pool, a pool house, and a separate guest house, all of which are heated entirely by natural gas.  The utility bill for a single month is nearly double the average American household's utility bill for the entire year.  Combined electric and natural gas bills for 2006 amounted to nearly $30,000. 

House #2 is a much more modest abode in the American Southwest.  This house incorporates many "green" features.  A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.  The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas, and it consumes 25% of the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern; the collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house.

Pop Quiz:
Who owns house #1 and who owns house #2?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: A Tale of Two Houses
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 06:38:48 AM »
Bullshit comparison, Does Bush conduct all of his business at this location, does Bush's home include quarters for secret, no???, because Gore's does.  What would be Gore's total electric usage if he moved his business affairs from his home?  maybe even more.  Does Bush even know he owns this house?  I'll bet it's some clever tax write off that saves him bigtime.  Like that small lumber business he didn't even know he owned so he could take advantage of tax breaks aimed at small business owners.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 07:09:48 AM »
Gore lives there full time - and only there.  His wife and he run their businesses from there, and they have an entire secret service detail LIVING with them.

Bush lives in TX, the White house, and camp david.  If you want to include the White House electric bill - along with the entire staff of maids, chefs, etc that Bush houses and powers, please include that.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 08:53:03 AM »
Bullshit comparison, Does Bush conduct all of his business at this location, does Bush's home include quarters for secret, no???, because Gore's does.  What would be Gore's total electric usage if he moved his business affairs from his home?  maybe even more.  Does Bush even know he owns this house?  I'll bet it's some clever tax write off that saves him bigtime.  Like that small lumber business he didn't even know he owned so he could take advantage of tax breaks aimed at small business owners.  ::)

conducting business? i doubt gore is doing that much business at his middle of nowhere tennesee home. plus it doesnt cost much to have a phone, a fax, and a computer, or heat and cool a room for him to do business..

does bush go around telling everyone were going to die if we dont save on energy? who made the documentary about all the harmfull things were doing to the environment? then they go home and do the opposite of what they preach. bush can do whatever he wants because he hasnt made it his main platform.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 10:31:27 AM »
bush can do whatever he wants because he hasnt made it his main platform.

Hard to reason with a man who reached his position without the use of reason.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 10:41:22 AM »
bush can do whatever he wants because he hasnt made it his main platform.

Bush can do whatever he wants because he's King George.

w

body88

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:08:48 AM »
Gore lives there full time - and only there.  His wife and he run their businesses from there, and they have an entire secret service detail LIVING with them.

Bush lives in TX, the White house, and camp david.  If you want to include the White House electric bill - along with the entire staff of maids, chefs, etc that Bush houses and powers, please include that.

Great post 240.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 11:12:22 AM »

House #1 is a beautiful 20 room mansion (not counting 8 bathrooms) in the American South.  It also includes a pool, a pool house, and a separate guest house, all of which are heated entirely by natural gas.  The utility bill for a single month is nearly double the average American household's utility bill for the entire year.  Combined electric and natural gas bills for 2006 amounted to nearly $30,000. 

House #2 is a much more modest abode in the American Southwest.  This house incorporates many "green" features.  A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.  The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas, and it consumes 25% of the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern; the collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house.

Pop Quiz:
Who owns house #1 and who owns house #2?

I know I know! [hand raising]  The hypocrite Gore owns house no. 1 and the leader of the free world, Bush, owns house no. 2.  How did I do? 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 11:32:11 AM »
Waste water from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern; the collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house

No wonder he's so comfortable spewing out so much shit for the nation, ...lots of practice at home.
w

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 02:01:42 PM »
Wow, getting a little defensive in here    ;D

For the record I hate Bush, but that's completely besides the point.  I was pretty surprised to learn recently how the "eco-warrior" Gore lives.  Apparently when he tells us how we all have to change our ways of using energy and conserve more it only applies to other people.  It's interesting to see who talks the talk and who walks the walk. 

This is not a bs comparison.  Gore is total hypocrite, period. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 11:41:51 PM »
HMMMM......

Reports on criticism of Gore omitted steps he reportedly took to reduce "carbon footprint"
Coverage by several media outlets of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research's (TCPR) criticism of former Vice President Al Gore's home energy bills omitted some or all of the steps that Gore has reportedly taken to reduce the effect of his home energy usage. These steps were reported by MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, CNN financial correspondent Ali Velshi, and a February 27 article in The Tennessean of Nashville. On the February 27 edition of MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann, Olbermann said that TCPR's criticism "omits" that Gore's home includes "home offices for himself and his wife, as well as a guest house and special security measures," and that the Gores' use of "renewable sources" from the "Green Power Switch" program "actually costs more for the Gores." Olbermann further reported that, according to Green Power Switch, "some smaller homes consume energy in the same range of usage as does the one on the Gores' property." On the February 27 edition of CNN's American Morning, Velshi also noted that Gore's purchase of "green power" increased Gore's utility costs.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200703010008

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 11:42:33 PM »
conducting business? i doubt gore is doing that much business at his middle of nowhere tennesee home. plus it doesnt cost much to have a phone, a fax, and a computer, or heat and cool a room for him to do business..

does bush go around telling everyone were going to die if we dont save on energy? who made the documentary about all the harmfull things were doing to the environment? then they go home and do the opposite of what they preach. bush can do whatever he wants because he hasnt made it his main platform.
Yes, they both conduct their business from the home ;)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 05:51:24 AM »
I wouldn't care if bush had a gas pump in his back yard that ran 24/7 pumping gas into a creek wasting it.  I could care less.   Gore however is the one spouting all his nonsense on TV, speeches, while his power bill is in the thousands every month and he jets around the nation in his private jet.  Gore is the one that says one thing, does another.  And yet folks worship him like he is ali babba.  good lord, the hypocrisy of it all, i'm slain with laughter at Sir Al.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo