Author Topic: Nam  (Read 2117 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Nam
« on: April 14, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »
The war in Vietnam may have been a defeat for the United States in its fight against Communism. However, it was not lost by the American military but by the Politicians and the yellow journalism of the American media.

The Tet Offensive in 1968 was actually a major defeat for the NVA and VC. They would have probably sought for peace, if it were not for the yellow journalism of the U.S. media. The media proclaimed the NVAs defeat as a major victory for the NVA and VC. The turmoil that proceeded this reporting caused President Johnson to make a decision not to run for a second term and increase the demand to pull out American troops from Vietnam. The reporting also gave the leaders in North Vietnam hope in a victory, reaffirming that their will is stronger then the United States. The same thing is happening today, with our yellowmedia. They are reporting nothing but bad news which gives the enemy strength to keep fighting to break the will of the public. The vietnam war set in motion the very things that allowed us to end the cold war (leading China to turn it's back on Russia). See to grasp Vietnam (much like Iraq) you libs need to take off the blinders and see beyond the 3,000 deaths.
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Nam
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 09:54:38 AM »
So was this a good news post or bad news post? I'm seeing 3,000 deaths, and your trying to justify it...why?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 09:57:18 AM »
So was this a good news post or bad news post? I'm seeing 3,000 deaths, and your trying to justify it...why?

I am trying to get you to look past the blinders and see the good that can come out of this war just like vietnam
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 09:59:43 AM »
I am trying to get you to look past the blinders and see the good that can come out of this war just like vietnam

Like what? Finding weapons of mass destruction? Enforcing UN resolutions requiring Saddam to disarm? To liberate the Iraqi people from Saddam’s tyranny? hmmm seems kinda sketcy

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 10:01:38 AM »
They are reporting nothing but bad news which gives the enemy strength to keep fighting to break the will of the public.

Perhaps that might have something to do with thepossibility that there is no good news to report.
I hardly think the enemy is all that concerned with what some reporter has to say, ...I think they may have other things on their mind like how to attack their opponent in the theatre.
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 10:10:28 AM »
Perhaps that might have something to do with thepossibility that there is no good news to report.
I hardly think the enemy is all that concerned with what some reporter has to say, ...I think they may have other things on their mind like how to attack their opponent in the theatre.

Vietnam was a great lesson for all of our enemies. We didn't lose even one battle,bput the NVC and VC beat down the american public through the reporting of the media and forced a pull out. Now everyone in the world knows that they can do the same thing and they are. The leadership pays more attention to the US news than we do.
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »
Like what? Finding weapons of mass destruction? Enforcing UN resolutions requiring Saddam to disarm? To liberate the Iraqi people from Saddam’s tyranny? hmmm seems kinda sketcy

Guess you didn't read the original post. The good things that came out of Vietnam, was the division of china and russia (imagine if they were still together) which began the end of the cold war, as well as several democratic nations (cambodia, Laos) that were created in the region as opposed to becoming communist. The same thing will happen in Iraq as long as we help to ensure it
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 11:07:51 AM »
mm69,

In the last week, you have made an unusually high number of posts - many unprovoked - trying to justify the current war in iraq.

Since the political culture here has been largely unchanged recently (the same folks support it, the same folks don't), we can determine outside stimulus from this constant group has not influenced your decision to post as you have.

To me, it looks like you're starting to doubt this war.  You used to just "know" it was the right thing to do, and the thought of trying to justify it was beyond your task set - but not anymore. Trying to sell or justify it here - and creating these new scenarios "our kids will vacation there!", you're going from realist to theorist.

The anger is showing too.  You're about an inch from using the "N-word" here, as you've villified minorities with your words and shown you're not embarassed by your own prejudicial beliefs.

And you're researching Vietnam for the first time.That's a dangerous first step in learning the valuable lesons of history that have been largely ignored for the last 6 years.

I recommend before you hit 30 and have this major mid-life meltdown in the field, that you get your shit together.   While I love to bust your balls here, self-doubt in the field is something you don't need, and you are an american soldier I want to come home in one piece.  So while I think the war is a large bullshit mistake, I don't want you thinking it.  Have a nice day.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 11:15:19 AM »
The war in Vietnam may have been a defeat for the United States in its fight against Communism. However, it was not lost by the American military but by the Politicians and the yellow journalism of the American media.

The Tet Offensive in 1968 was actually a major defeat for the NVA and VC. They would have probably sought for peace, if it were not for the yellow journalism of the U.S. media. The media proclaimed the NVAs defeat as a major victory for the NVA and VC. The turmoil that proceeded this reporting caused President Johnson to make a decision not to run for a second term and increase the demand to pull out American troops from Vietnam. The reporting also gave the leaders in North Vietnam hope in a victory, reaffirming that their will is stronger then the United States. The same thing is happening today, with our yellowmedia. They are reporting nothing but bad news which gives the enemy strength to keep fighting to break the will of the public. The vietnam war set in motion the very things that allowed us to end the cold war (leading China to turn it's back on Russia). See to grasp Vietnam (much like Iraq) you libs need to take off the blinders and see beyond the 3,000 deaths.

Good analysis.  I agree that the media's singular focus on bad news isn't helping at all and may in fact be helping to embolden the enemy. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »
Good analysis.  I agree that the media's singular focus on bad news isn't helping at all and may in fact be helping to embolden the enemy. 

Fixed potholes... man, that ain't news.  It's progress you're SUPPOSED to have.

My guess is that when you were little, you came home from school, and even if you had 3 F's on your report card, a suspension for fighting, and smelled like cigarette smoke, you still demanded kudos from the parents because you managed to wipe your ass after dropping a deuce between classes.

Stop expecting a fcking cookie for shit you're supposed to do.  They're fixing the roads - hey, that's their job.  If they go out of their way and build a road that stops IEDs, hey, let's hear it.  But mundane tasks they are paid for are NOT newsworthy.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 11:42:33 AM »
mm69,

In the last week, you have made an unusually high number of posts - many unprovoked - trying to justify the current war in iraq.

Since the political culture here has been largely unchanged recently (the same folks support it, the same folks don't), we can determine outside stimulus from this constant group has not influenced your decision to post as you have.

To me, it looks like you're starting to doubt this war.  You used to just "know" it was the right thing to do, and the thought of trying to justify it was beyond your task set - but not anymore. Trying to sell or justify it here - and creating these new scenarios "our kids will vacation there!", you're going from realist to theorist.

The anger is showing too.  You're about an inch from using the "N-word" here, as you've villified minorities with your words and shown you're not embarassed by your own prejudicial beliefs.

And you're researching Vietnam for the first time.That's a dangerous first step in learning the valuable lesons of history that have been largely ignored for the last 6 years.

I recommend before you hit 30 and have this major mid-life meltdown in the field, that you get your shit together.   While I love to bust your balls here, self-doubt in the field is something you don't need, and you are an american soldier I want to come home in one piece.  So while I think the war is a large bullshit mistake, I don't want you thinking it.  Have a nice day.

it is far from doubt, I just happen to be in a hotel room for 2 weeks with nothing to do. When I get back home I won't have so much free time on my hands. We are winning this war and years from now maybe you will leave your fantasy world long enough to see the good that has come from it
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 11:46:59 AM »
it is far from doubt, I just happen to be in a hotel room for 2 weeks with nothing to do. When I get back home I won't have so much free time on my hands. We are winning this war and years from now maybe you will leave your fantasy world long enough to see the good that has come from it

well, God bless you for your optimism, man.  The majority of the nation has lost ours.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 11:50:02 AM »
Fixed potholes... man, that ain't news.  It's progress you're SUPPOSED to have.

My guess is that when you were little, you came home from school, and even if you had 3 F's on your report card, a suspension for fighting, and smelled like cigarette smoke, you still demanded kudos from the parents because you managed to wipe your ass after dropping a deuce between classes.

Stop expecting a fcking cookie for shit you're supposed to do.  They're fixing the roads - hey, that's their job.  If they go out of their way and build a road that stops IEDs, hey, let's hear it.  But mundane tasks they are paid for are NOT newsworthy.

My guess is that when you were little you killed animals, which would help explain why you "joke" about murdering your wife and child, killa. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 11:55:16 AM »
well, God bless you for your optimism, man.  The majority of the nation has lost ours.

believe me I know, and not just about the war either. That is what america thrived on in the early 1900s. I mean isn't that why so many immigrants want to come here?
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
believe me I know, and not just about the war either. That is what america thrived on in the early 1900s. I mean isn't that why so many immigrants want to come here?

I'm sure the fact that Europe was in ruins after WWI might've had something to do with it, but what do I know?
w

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 12:23:10 PM »

Mute.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 12:25:41 PM »
Mute.

Your leadership had really been evident today!! LMAO, so much for the boycott. I love that you mute me, all you spuot is nonsense anyway. As much as I hate Jag and 240 and Ribo, they are intelligent and don't just spout hatred with each post.

Have agreat day biotch!!!

So much for becoming the leader on the board!
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 12:26:45 PM »
I'm sure the fact that Europe was in ruins after WWI might've had something to do with it, but what do I know?

our country was a optimistic one from the day the pilgrims landed
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 08:54:35 PM »
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 08:59:24 PM »

Yeah baby!!! I love it. Now I know why Barry Bonds is always smiling so much. I truly love the hate...keep it coming boys
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 09:11:33 PM »
You know how we all learned a while back that the pentagon would be putting guys into chatrooms to confront anti-war/ anti-bush members.  I wondered at the time what type of personel they would assign to the task.  I can't help but wonder if we've been blessed with one of these gomers right here.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 09:23:53 PM »
You know how we all learned a while back that the pentagon would be putting guys into chatrooms to confront anti-war/ anti-bush members.  I wondered at the time what type of personel they would assign to the task.  I can't help but wonder if we've been blessed with one of these gomers right here.

I wish, it would probably mean more pay. I am pro war, not pro bush however. If you could take one of your pres. hopefulls..take their ideas for the border and combine them with a willingness to see this war through, I would vote for them. The GOP has made it clear that immigration is a back burner issue.
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 04:16:50 AM »

J.E. I loved that muted post on MM69.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 04:40:58 AM »

I concur as well.  It doesn't help us, but it does the enemy.  They seem to think that if they just kill some soldiers that we will just pack up and go home (like Clinton did in Somalia).  Staying the course might not be easy, but it is the right thing to do.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 05:17:08 AM »
I concur as well.  It doesn't help us, but it does the enemy.  They seem to think that if they just kill some soldiers that we will just pack up and go home (like Clinton did in Somalia).  Staying the course might not be easy, but it is the right thing to do.

OKMike......I'm interested to know how many Tours you did in the Iraq?