Author Topic: MSNBC now - Police want Philadelphia Black Firefighter Fired for Rap Song  (Read 894 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

The song talks about cop-killing...

Does a firefighter have the right to preach violence on a record and then still keep his day job with the city?

Civil rights' attorney, Leo Terrell, says 'yes'.

Guardian Angels' founder, Curtis Sliwa, says 'absolutely not' (and that the rapper needs to apologize to the guys who are protecting his ass when he's on-scene).   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Curtis Sliwa should be fired for being the tackiest dresser in America.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
For the record, Terrell argued that Don Imus absolutely should've been fired for his comments on the radio. 

His defense of this firefighter (whose name I cannot recall) was that "the government cannot tell you what to do in your private life". 

And also for the record, Leo Terrell is Black. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
For the record, Terrell argued that Don Imus absolutely should've been fired for his comments on the radio. 

His defense of this firefighter (whose name I cannot recall) was that "the government cannot tell you what to do in your private life". 

And also for the record, Leo Terrell is Black. 

Is it just me or has racism hit an unusual high as we celebrate Jackie Robinson day/week in baseball?
gotta love life

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
Is it just me or has racism hit an unusual high as we celebrate Jackie Robinson day/week in baseball?

Well I think it is coincidence more than anything. However, I have to say as a white person that is often curious about racism and how it affects people, this is a great opportunity for the most part to get an honest, frank discussion that might be harder to get in person with most people.

I have to thank everyone who is participating in the threads that keeps their cools because I really think everyone can learn some really important things here.

Thanks guys! :D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V

We need another man like Jackie Robinson.